Has MF lost the dressing room ?

As the headline states...Has he ?

He is first in line accepting the praise when we win but straight to the front of the queue blaming everyone else but himself when it goes wrong.
Be truthful , how would you feel if your boss came out in public/ the press and slagged you off when all is not well and wont accept any blame himself ?

He keeps saying he doesnt tell the team to play the way we are....So what has he done to change it ?

We have played well once in the last five / six weeks . That is with a scratch side / youth team...What does he do . Drop most of them to bring in the very players he has been slagging off and not performing ???

Re: Has MF lost the dressing room ?

I would imagine when a manager completely loses a dressing room it becomes clear to everyone within the club pretty quickly and I am sure at that point it would force the board to act, so in answer to your question, no I don't think so (yet). But continuing in this vain of form there needs to be a reaction from both Flynn and the players.

I agree that publicly digging out your players is not great man management but you would hope he knows what makes most of these players tick and knows the reaction he will get from them. As a broader term though you rarely see top PL managers, Mourinho aside, target players in the press, Fergie was famous for trying create a siege mentality with his teams despite hair drier treatment in the dressing room.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:I believe you made the trip, if so more than happy to hear what they were like on the day from you.

First half was better than it has been for weeks, the second half....I walked out after they scored their second as the Morecambe players could have joined me and we still wouldnt have scored..
Pathetic was a compliment they dont deserve for that display...Whatever MF said / did at half time made us pathetic......
As per usual , he is avoiding taking any blame for his poor management.

Morecambe changed their tactics , he had no answer to them...IMO he is out of his depth and now being found out...Its all down to the players mind , not HIM

Est.1912 wrote:I would imagine when a manager completely loses a dressing room it becomes clear to everyone within the club pretty quickly and I am sure at that point it would force the board to act, so in answer to your question, no I don't think so (yet). But continuing in this vain of form there needs to be a reaction from both Flynn and the players.

I agree that publicly digging out your players is not great man management but you would hope he knows what makes most of these players tick and knows the reaction he will get from them. As a broader term though you rarely see top PL managers, Mourinho aside, target players in the press, Fergie was famous for trying create a siege mentality with his teams despite hair drier treatment in the dressing room.

If you witnessed the second half yesterday the players werent playing for him...Add to that they have now lost their Christmas Day off where they could have spent with their families and the feelings are bound to be strained between the management and the players

Exile 1976 wrote:But they played for him first half? That’s strange hey

It wasnt good , just better than it has been...That I put down to the fact that Labadie being back and giving us a little bit in midfield along side Sheehan . It wasnt that good but a better option than Dolan and Sheehan midfield.
Remember we were playing the BOTTOM of the League and embarrassed by them after being 1 goal up. They changed their tactics at half time to overpower our midfield and HE had no answer to it

If you had seen the game , especially the second half you wouldnt be trying to defend him or the players . They were dreadful

Maybe MF should stay off the p iss for a week and reimburse the fans that paid their hard earned to witness such cra p.....91 others plus my two sons and myself had the unfortunate experience of watching that
Last edited by neilcork68 on December 22nd, 2019, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:But they played for him first half? That’s strange hey

It wasnt good , just better than it has been...That I put down to the fact that Labadie being back and giving us a little bit in midfield along side Sheehan . It wasnt that good but a better option than Dolan and Sheehan midfield.
Remember we were playing the BOTTOM of the League and embarrassed by them after being 1 goal up. They changed their tactics at half time to overpower our midfield and HE had no answer to it

Personally I thought we played well first half. Played some decent football too and were comfortable, second half they just dominated & we struggled to get anything.

I admit to not seeing the game so I can't comment on the display but from what other people are posting there sounds like there were two issues really, he didn't have the tactical nous to adapt and counter an opponents change in tactic in addition to not getting the most out of his players. How much each of those contributed to the result is hard to quantify.

neilcork68 wrote: ...They changed their tactics at half time to overpower our midfield and HE had no answer to it...
He never has had and it is one of his biggest weaknesses as a manager, a double substitution by the opposition and we are lost. Isn't this where Lenny should be earning his corn for us as First Team Management Consultant or is he being ignored?

If Mr Flynn "has lost the dressing room", I think its over in the corner of the Hazel Stand, ,at least that is where all them fellas in the pretty sports wear comes out of through that porchway thing, though when I used to get complimentary tickets from Bassaleg School to watch Newport RFC, we used to walk from the pitch up passed the tennis courts to where the offices are now and mingle with the players on the way...……...so pr,aps that's where they have taken them back to.
Come on the Port ""...…...…….....Bob Bassett
Merry Christmas Everybody !!

BertieB wrote:If Mr Flynn "has lost the dressing room", I think its over in the corner of the Hazel Stand, ,at least that is where all them fellas in the pretty sports wear comes out of through that porchway thing, though when I used to get complimentary tickets from Bassaleg School to watch Newport RFC, we used to walk from the pitch up passed the tennis courts to where the offices are now and mingle with the players on the way...……...so pr,aps that's where they have taken them back to.
Come on the Port ""...…...…….....Bob Bassett
Merry Christmas Everybody !!
Well said Bob. Most sensible post in this thread by quite some distance. Merry Christmas to you too.

Just reading Argus this afternoon and Flynny has come up with "the team were useless" plus "a disgrace"
"Worst point since taking over as Manager".
States they are not doing what he tells them to do. :roll:
"Everybody went missing"
Good news though is that they are still trying.
Should he be coming up with all this in print?

He (correctly imo) identified that the players are poor at game management and decision making.

Surely as manager his job is to improve these areas in training and to select and sign players with these qualities?? He has previously stated that he doesnt tell the players to play it long. Why not tell them to stop then?? I've seen several times in games where he gestures to the keeper to hump it to Matt.

Several times this season he has made a sub and I have seen more than one player look confused who shouts to the touchline to ask what the shape is to be. Surely this can be communicated better? Don't they practice scenarios in training?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just reading Argus this afternoon and Flynny has come up with "the team were useless" plus "a disgrace"
"Worst point since taking over as Manager".
States they are not doing what he tells them to do. :roll:
"Everybody went missing"
Good news though is that they are still trying.
Should he be coming up with all this in print?
Plenty of managers with far more experience and success than Michael Flynn have criticised their players in the press. I'd imagine his reaction after the game in the dressing room was much worse.