Re: Has MF lost the dressing room ?

I'm not sure that I "get" this losing-the-dressingroom. Don't the players have any personal pride in their performances? And if they no longer want to play for either the manager or the club, shouldn't they at least be trying to impress possible future employers with their playing ability? If they are as dire as has been described then non-league football will be as much as most can look forward to. Whatever their faults, I think our management team deserves an opportunity yo try and turn things around.

Our "management team" ? I seem to remember that there is,or were, a couple of well known ex managers in County's back room staff, who according to The Football League Paper, were proving to be "very helpfull to Mike Flynn at Newport County quite recently, and doesn't the team captain make any decisions on the pitch ? and maybe the players can slightly change their shape during a match, surely they can change when or if the game is not going according to the preset plan, ??
Come on the Port !!…...………...Bob Bassett

The players still seem to be working for him and i don't think you could criticise the boys on boxing day for lack of effort.

Problem seems to be stale tactics along with injuries. Team needs freshening up and i hope Flynn gets the right bodies in next week. Hope to god he gets at least one midfielder and doesnt just sign more young loan strikers to sit on the bench or block Collins's progress.

BertieB wrote:Our "management team" ? I seem to remember that there is,or were, a couple of well known ex managers in County's back room staff, who according to The Football League Paper, were proving to be "very helpfull to Mike Flynn at Newport County quite recently, and doesn't the team captain make any decisions on the pitch ? and maybe the players can slightly change their shape during a match, surely they can change when or if the game is not going according to the preset plan, ??
Come on the Port !!…...………...Bob Bassett
Make your mind up Bob.

Percy plunkett wrote:It does appear that Flynny believes he is beyond criticsim himself and it is everyone else to blame.
I recall a number of posters on here calling me out for saying that Flynn was bigger than our club and that was disastrous.

Absolutely no need for an apology. Holding an opinion which turns out to be wrong would mean that most of us would spend an awful lot of time saying sorry. However I wonder would any of those people care to acknowledge that those of us not blinded by amber coloured glasses might offer a more rational and coherent view of our club.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It does appear that Flynny believes he is beyond criticsim himself and it is everyone else to blame.
I recall a number of posters on here calling me out for saying that Flynn was bigger than our club and that was disastrous.

Absolutely no need for an apology. Holding an opinion which turns out to be wrong would mean that most of us would spend an awful lot of time saying sorry. However I wonder would any of those people care to acknowledge that those of us not blinded by amber coloured glasses might offer a more rational and coherent view of our club.
Stan, I think continued bad form and p-poor entertainment, coupled with an inability to show humility and improve has ground down even the most optimistic supporters. I'm not (quite) in the 'sack him' camp and feel MF should be offered help, by way of an attacking coach employed to get our strikers scoring or someone else who can guide MF, he's seemingly got a few high-profile contacts (Henry, Guardiola, Klopp) that he could be talking to to get ideas on how to get us out of this rut.
MF has done very well to get us motivated and organised to play bigger teams in the cup, but he or County will never kick on and improve unless we can beat teams at our level.

When all is said and done, if you asked a fan from each of the other 91 clubs back in August how they thought County's season would go, most would've said mid-table finish and a run in the cups, which isn't far off where we are. As a fan I expect entertainment even if that ends in a 3-4 defeat, as a supporter though I see the bigger picture and just want us to improve in small ways each season. I don't think either is happening just now, so they'll need to overcome Millwall to recoup the list income from home fans voting with their feet.

I'm way too old for running around kicking or chasing a ball but I did from as young as I can remember till the body said no more.

Looking back what was consistent from about 14 years old was being called out by the manager if he felt I could do better. Sometimes I would shake my head at this "injustice" but most of the time they were right.

I also remember arguing with my teammates in the heat of the moment but again with age realise that was because we all wanted to win.

Fallouts etc are part of life and sport.

Today felt like a defeat, I'm glad it felt like a defeat because that tells you how well we played second half where we should've been out of sight. At 1-0 up I remember thinking if only we had a dressing room who were experienced at fighting against the odds-that's exactly what we got. 2 games undefeated quality set piece which are our trademark and a poor goal conceded.

Again a side with promotion ambitions were second best against us today.

Whether or not he has lost the dressing room, I know not. What I do know is that an increasing number of fans no longer expect to win, he’s certainly losing a lot of them. The tactics ( flattering to name them thus ) are woeful , there is very little creativity and I for one am rapidly losing interest in what’s offered as match day entertainment. Most depressing.

This terminology/cliché seems to me interpreted in so many different ways, depending on who you talk to, and is so often trotted out when concerned supporters feel let down by the team, who are not living up to expectations, and they are looking for a reason/explanation as to why.

Whilst I'm not in a position to confirm or deny whether or not there have been falling outs, 'bust ups' or whatever you what to call it, amongst the players or between certain players and management, I remain unconvinced that this threads title is true.
I've watched most of the home games only this season and in my eyes I haven't seen a lack of effort or commitment from the team.
What I believe I have witnessed is a team, and most certainly the manager who haven't adapted well to the greater expectation put on them from everyone including many fans, management, the BOD and themselves for this season. We seem to have performed better the last 2 1/2 seasons when we are underdogs e.g. 'great escape', playing higher league opposition in cup games, and even promotion candidates in our own league. We have even beaten Swindon and FGR away this season. We were also very much underdogs to reach the play-offs last season.

I'm not saying this is the sole reason for this season to appear to be almost certainly heading for a lower league placing than last. such things are rarely so simplistic in my experience. E.g. Despite the small increase in player budget and slightly larger squad, I think it has been weakened slightly by losing Butler, Day and Poole.