Re: Has MF lost the dressing room ?

Flynny was brave to take the job on and,with slices of luck,we stayed up.We finished three home games clinging on for dear life but,holding on to 1-0 wins.Flynny said at the time that he did the best with what he had,players that weren't his.Now,approaching three years later,with all his players,we are still playing the same dour style.I for one,expected Flynny to adopt a more expansive fluid style but,this seems beyond his thinking or ability to do.It appears that,however long Flynny stays here,we will have boring 1-0 wins interspersed with depressing runs like this and other spells.It is not something that fills me with great enthusiasm for the future.

The teams latest league form:
1. No wins in the latest ten games.
2. Only four points gained from those ten games, one via an injury time equalizer v struggling Stevenage.
3. Only seven goals scored within those ten games.
4. Not scored more than once in any of those ten games.

5. Under Warren Feeney, before he got sacked, his league record of his final TWENTY league games in charge was W1, D6, L13.
6. Under Graham Westley, he was in charge for twenty four league games before being sacked. After three wins, two draws and one defeat in his first six games in charge, his record for his final eighteen league games before being sacked was W1, D6, L11. Goals scored 16, goals conceded 35.

reebok0165 wrote:The teams latest league form:
1. No wins in the latest ten games.
2. Only four points gained from those ten games, one via an injury time equalizer v struggling Stevenage.
3. Only seven goals scored within those ten games.
4. Not scored more than once in any of those ten games.

5. Under Warren Feeney, before he got sacked, his league record of his final TWENTY league games in charge was W1, D6, L13.
6. Under Graham Westley, he was in charge for twenty four league games before being sacked. After three wins, two draws and one defeat in his first six games in charge, his record for his final eighteen league games before being sacked was W1, D6, L11. Goals scored 16, goals conceded 35.

Yes those two were rubbish and certainly didn't have any Goodwill in the bank.

The problem I see is that the majority on here are quite happy to ignore Foxhall and Flynnys statements that this season we would be pushing on for promotion after a near miss last year.
Instead thinking that mediocrity or worse is okay as long as we do not get relegated.
I find that attitude totally depressing

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The problem I see is that the majority on here are quite happy to ignore Foxhall and Flynnys statements that this season we would be pushing on for promotion after a near miss last year.
Instead thinking that mediocrity or worse is okay as long as we do not get relegated.
You have to consider whether another manager would do better on a bottom ten budget. My guess is that you might, but it will probably take a lot of trial and error. This run isn't even that bad compared to some we have endured since we returned to the football league. We're also still doing well in the cups. No decision to even make for another six weeks or so.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Alternatively, it might just be that some forum users appreciate that some seasons things go a bit better than hoped for, sometimes less well.

Turning on the manager and board like a pack of wild dogs has always been a short cut for people to win friends here.
"Wild Dogs"

Really.

Get real GSB

Clearly happy with mediocrity or worse. You sound like AGB

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The problem I see is that the majority on here are quite happy to ignore Foxhall and Flynnys statements that this season we would be pushing on for promotion after a near miss last year.
And what would have been the reaction, had the pre-season statement been along the lines of.... 'this season we'll be aiming for being in the top ten and perhaps scraping into the playoffs on the final Saturday of the season' ....... Because that's basically what happened last year. Every manager has to make hopeful noises that the coming season will be an improvement on the last, but common sense says they can't all get their wish.

excessbee wrote:
And what would have been the reaction, had the pre-season statement been along the lines of.... 'this season we'll be aiming for being in the top ten and perhaps scraping into the playoffs on the final Saturday of the season' ....... Because that's basically what happened last year. Every manager has to make hopeful noises that the coming season will be an improvement on the last, but common sense says they can't all get their wish.
Neither

Simply with the squad we have built we are hoping for a good season playing attractive football and building the fan base for the future. Not bullshit.

excessbee wrote:But nobody was calling it bullshit when we had such a promising start to the season. King and Haynes were seen as adequate replacements for Day and Butler. Everything was rosy. We've hit a bad patch. Get over it.

In fact, if you go back to the first few games of the season there were even people on here saying that King & Haynes were upgrades on Day & Butler

excessbee wrote:But nobody was calling it bullshit when we had such a promising start to the season. King and Haynes were seen as adequate replacements for Day and Butler. Everything was rosy. We've hit a bad patch. Get over it.
Get over what?
We have played well for 3 games at home this season.

Mansfield/ Crewe/ Plymouth

Twice away against FGR and Swindon.

Crewe were superb also.

Apart from those 5 games we have been poor every game.

We haven't struggled because of King or Haynes.

Struggled because of no midfield, apart from Josh and he was poor yesterday nobody has shined.

Flynny keeps on about getting forwards and defenders but ignoring the obvious problem.

Its not rocket science.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Alternatively, it might just be that some forum users appreciate that some seasons things go a bit better than hoped for, sometimes less well.

Turning on the manager and board like a pack of wild dogs has always been a short cut for people to win friends here.
Had I written in August that there were some forum users on here acting as if they were poodles sniffing the arses of the board and management I can't help feeling George that you would accused me of hyperbole.

Get real. I believe that Flynn deserves more time and have said so, but if you believe that after a run of 10 League games without a win that supporters should not express concern then I suggest you are somewhat naive.