Re: Signings

Exile 1976 wrote:Not sure why people are suddenly pissing their pants over Elite Agency now, this has been the case for a few seasons.
Why does any poster raising a concern equate to pissing their pants? Is that just your rather childish method of trying to silence those who you'd rather keep quiet?

The issue was raised before it's true. It's now being raised again. Get used to it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Not sure why people are suddenly pissing their pants over Elite Agency now, this has been the case for a few seasons.
Why does any poster raising a concern equate to pissing their pants? Is that just your rather childish method of trying to silence those who you'd rather keep quiet?

The issue was raised before it's true. It's now being raised again. Get used to it.

Yes Brendan, it’s just me being childish, not quite as childish as you saying you weren’t a Newport County fan anymore after your little hissy fit with Kevin, mind.

Oh, and where have I tried to silence anyone? This story isn’t new, I was just wondering why people like yourself are only now crying about it and refusing to part with any money to the club.
As usual though, you will do nothing other than piss and moan about it on here.. :roll:

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes Brendan, it’s just me being childish, not quite as childish as you saying you weren’t a Newport County fan anymore after your little hissy fit with Kevin, mind.

Oh, and where have I tried to silence anyone? This story isn’t new, I was just wondering why people like yourself are only now crying about it and refusing to part with any money to the club.
As usual though, you will do nothing other than piss and moan about it on here.. :roll:
Unfortunately there are people who find your abusive little posts off putting. And as a consequence don't post.

Fancy Elite Management FC to do the business tomorrow v Orient?

Whatever the result I think that Paul Nichols the owner of Elite Management will be picking up some of your hard earned. These Essex boys get off on people like you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Unfortunately there are people who find your abusive little posts off putting. And as a consequence don't post.

Fancy Elite Management FC to do the business tomorrow v Orient?

Whatever the result I think that Paul Nichols the owner of Elite Management will be picking up some of your hard earned. These Essex boys get off on people like you.

Brendan, make no mistake about it, you are certainly one of the most disliked people on this board that has put off a hell of a lot of people posting due to your love of needing attention and constant picking arguments with posters from behind the safety of your keyboard.

As long as I’ve still got my team to support, unfortunately payment to agents will be made. That’s football.
I’m there to watch the team not deal with what goes on in the back ground, if I did I’d publish my ‘stanifesto’ and say I was going to run for a place on the Board...

allontheamber wrote:The serious question is who is getting the backhanders. Only somebody who is totally naive would imagine it not happening somewhere in these circumstances.
I must be one of the naive ones. I don't think for one minute that there are 'backhanders' in the proper sense of the word flying around. They would be caught out in the long term. Besides, this is Newpôrt County, we are above all that. :grin: (joke before anyone mentions it).

What I suspect is happening is that pressure has been put on people saying 'If you want player A, then you eventually have to take player B as well'. I am not sure if that is legitimate business (it probably is), but it leaves a bad smell lingering around. Ethics and decency have to come into it somewhere.

This may be the case it's been brought up before.. I'm not in a frenzy of wetting my underwear.. I simply find that Flynny being the only manager in the Agency open to question to old farts like me without torrents of OTT comments flying around... I just feel we could be missing out on better players because of this dubious way of going about things.No more no less

pembsexile wrote:
allontheamber wrote:The serious question is who is getting the backhanders. Only somebody who is totally naive would imagine it not happening somewhere in these circumstances.
I must be one of the naive ones. I don't think for one minute that there are 'backhanders' in the proper sense of the word flying around. They would be caught out in the long term. Besides, this is Newpôrt County, we are above all that. :grin: (joke before anyone mentions it).

What I suspect is happening is that pressure has been put on people saying 'If you want player A, then you eventually have to take player B as well'. I am not sure if that is legitimate business (it probably is), but it leaves a bad smell lingering around. Ethics and decency have to come into it somewhere.
Morning Mike,

I agree but there is a further problem. When does a 'useful relationship' become corrupt? Flynn is a client of Elite Management. Flynn gives an extended contract to Amond. Amond is a client of Elite Management,

Now of course Amond has been a successful player at Newport County but he is 30, his performance level is not what it was, he has a two year contract and we don't know for how much. And we don't know how much Elite Management are receiving. And before anyone says the figures received by Agents from clubs are known I have to point out that this is not the case if the player is used as a conduit.

Do I blame Amond? Of course not, he is merely doing the best he can for himself. As are Flynn and Elite Management's Paul Nicholls, However I do blame Foxhall, Johnson and Ward. They are directors of Newport County and sanction this regime.

And if pointing out these unpleasant facts makes me disliked by Exile1976 and his mates, so be it.

Using such a large proportion of players from a single agency does set alarm bells ringing especially as the pool of players they have is very small and questions need to be asked but boycotting games will only cripple the club and imo not the way forward

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Morning Mike,

I agree but there is a further problem. When does a 'useful relationship' become corrupt? Flynn is a client of Elite Management. Flynn gives an extended contract to Amond. Amond is a client of Elite Management,

Now of course Amond has been a successful player at Newport County but he is 30, his performance level is not what it was, he has a two year contract and we don't know for how much. And we don't know how much Elite Management are receiving. And before anyone says the figures received by Agents from clubs are known I have to point out that this is not the case if the player is used as a conduit.

Do I blame Amond? Of course not, he is merely doing the best he can for himself. As are Flynn and Elite Management's Paul Nicholls, However I do blame Foxhall, Johnson and Ward. They are directors of Newport County and sanction this regime.

And if pointing out these unpleasant facts makes me disliked by Exile1976 and his mates, so be it.

What are you not understanding?
You have known about Elite management’s involvement with the County for at least 2 years as myself and a couple of others on this message board pointed this out. My question to you was why have you suddenly found this unacceptable, to the point where you will no longer put any money into Newport County (although you have said that on here on at least two previous occasions yet still did) whilst Flynn, GF and Johnson are involved with us?
Oh and questioning a 2yr deal to a 31yr old striker that was, due to his performances, 100% worthy of a new deal is pretty poor. 9 goals in 26 games this season, that’s just 1 less than he had after the same amount of games last season and more than double the amount of goals scored by our second top scorer. 31 is hardly ancient.

For any avoidance of doubt, I don’t like the fact we have so many from one agency but that will not stop me supporting my football team.

daftasfxxx wrote:Using such a large proportion of players from a single agency does set alarm bells ringing especially as the pool of players they have is very small and questions need to be asked but boycotting games will only cripple the club and imo not the way forward
Yep, totally agree with this. If fans everywhere boycotted their clubs because of 'iffy' agents, the game would probably collapse. However, in my opinion, the role of agents needs better and stricter regulation.

Unfortunately, rogue or shyster agents are ruining the game. Yes, yes, there are probably very good agents around who do a great service. However, their actions are spoiled by the minority who inevitably get the headlines. They put absolutely nothing into the game and take everything out.

I don't know what the answer is, better people than me have tried and we still get the same old problems.

There is a big difference between previous discussions on Elite Management.
We have now got access to the full list of players on their books.
I was amazed to see Flynny as the only manager signed up and more amazed to see so many players involved with the County on such, in football terms a limited mediocre agency.
The star player listed as Tranmeres striker.
Regarding Padraig the fella is a legend but regardless of goals scored is not half the player of last season when it would of been unthinkable to take him off after only 45 minutes.
He is clearly slowing down and like Matty, Scott and himself they are now visibly off the pace.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Morning Mike,

What are you not understanding?
You have known about Elite management’s involvement with the County for at least 2 years as myself and a couple of others on this message board pointed this out. My question to you was why have you suddenly found this unacceptable, to the point where you will no longer put any money into Newport County (although you have said that on here on at least two previous occasions yet still did) whilst Flynn, GF and Johnson are involved with us?
Oh and questioning a 2yr deal to a 31yr old striker that was, due to his performances, 100% worthy of a new deal is pretty poor. 9 goals in 26 games this season, that’s just 1 less than he had after the same amount of games last season and more than double the amount of goals scored by our second top scorer. 31 is hardly ancient.

For any avoidance of doubt, I don’t like the fact we have so many from one agency but that will not stop me supporting my football team.
I see your point of view, I just don't agree with you.

It is true that I don't understand your need to be abusive to me for not sharing for not agreeing with you. But that doesn't bother me.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:There is a big difference between previous discussions on Elite Management.
We have now got access to the full list of players on their books.
I was amazed to see Flynny as the only manager signed up and more amazed to see so many players involved with the County on such, in football terms a limited mediocre agency.
The star player listed as Tranmeres striker.
Regarding Padraig the fella is a legend but regardless of goals scored is not half the player of last season when it would of been unthinkable to take him off after only 45 minutes.
He is clearly slowing down and like Matty, Scott and himself they are now visibly off the pace.
Is it possible that Flynny may have signed with them while he was still a player?....