Marsh-Brown

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Marsh-Brown

Postby Exile 1976 » December 23rd, 2019, 6:18 pm

Has left the club, contract terminated by mutual consent
no avatar
User

rncfc

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby rncfc » December 23rd, 2019, 6:38 pm

I get the impression it probably wasn't that mutual, but I guess he must have given consent so not entirely untrue.
no avatar
User

sblair1979

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby sblair1979 » December 23rd, 2019, 6:43 pm

No loss at all. Painfully slow and ponderous on the ball.
no avatar
User

Pontypaul

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby Pontypaul » December 23rd, 2019, 6:47 pm

No more postponements for international call ups
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » December 23rd, 2019, 7:15 pm

sblair1979 wrote:No loss at all. Painfully slow and ponderous on the ball.

No idea how you can come to that conclusion as he hardly kicked a ball for us.
Painfully slow, imo he was pretty nippy for the few minutes he got on the pitch.
Now if you were describing Scott or Matty I would agree 100% even Ryan Inniss or Howkins as well.
no avatar
User

sblair1979

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby sblair1979 » December 23rd, 2019, 7:22 pm

He played 21 times for us so I think I saw enough. Every time he got the ball he seemed to dwell on it for a few seconds, killing any momentum we may have had. He scored one goal and had two assists.

Inexplicably Flynny often tried him as a number 10 where he was useless. He came on extra time in the play off final and slowed the game down every time we got the ball.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby rncfc » December 23rd, 2019, 7:23 pm

Wasn't my cup of tea at all. Probably had more to offer than we ever saw, but I agree he looked lethargic in and out of possession and often killed any momentum we had at the time.

Still, good luck to him wherever he ends up. His goal at Yeovil was a goodun and I'll remember that one.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby rncfc » December 23rd, 2019, 7:24 pm

Thinking about it, his international call ups ruined our momentum as well, and he wasn't even playing! Lol.
no avatar
User

sblair1979

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby sblair1979 » December 23rd, 2019, 7:26 pm

rncfc wrote:Thinking about it, his international call ups ruined our momentum as well, and he wasn't even playing! Lol.


:lol: :lol: This is true.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby Exile 1976 » December 23rd, 2019, 7:46 pm

rncfc wrote:I get the impression it probably wasn't that mutual, but I guess he must have given consent so not entirely untrue.



Reading his tweet it looks like perhaps he instigated it....new club no doubt lined up.
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby Corpaboy » December 23rd, 2019, 9:08 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
rncfc wrote:I get the impression it probably wasn't that mutual, but I guess he must have given consent so not entirely untrue.



Reading his tweet it looks like perhaps he instigated it....new club no doubt lined up.


LA Galaxy isn’t it ???? :cheers: :lol:
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby Percy plunkett » December 23rd, 2019, 10:25 pm

Incredible that a player has been happy to not play and just pick up wages for this long.Flynny made him aware that he wasn't part of his plans in August so why wait until now.A footballer has a short career so why waste it.Probably paying him 3 of the 6 months upfront to tempt him to go.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Location

MT

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby Exile 1976 » December 23rd, 2019, 10:34 pm

Probably because he was earning more money here than he was offered, if indeed he was offered anything, elsewhere?
He had a contract so why move unless it suited him? He was still getting in his International side so no need to go anywhere unless it benefited him... looks like he has a team lined up to sign for. Good luck to him.
Seems very popular with the players, although if the rumours are true, I don’t think he will be on OB’s Christmas card list.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby Percy plunkett » December 23rd, 2019, 10:40 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Probably because he was earning more money here than he was offered, if indeed he was offered anything, elsewhere?
He had a contract so why move unless it suited him? He was still getting in his International side so no need to go anywhere unless it benefited him... looks like he has a team lined up to sign for. Good luck to him.
Seems very popular with the players, although if the rumours are true, I don’t think he will be on OB’s Christmas card list.

Pray tell,what rumour.
no avatar
User

CasuallyCounty

Re: Marsh-Brown

Postby CasuallyCounty » December 24th, 2019, 12:40 am

Exile 1976 wrote:Probably because he was earning more money here than he was offered, if indeed he was offered anything, elsewhere?
He had a contract so why move unless it suited him? He was still getting in his International side so no need to go anywhere unless it benefited him... looks like he has a team lined up to sign for. Good luck to him.
Seems very popular with the players, although if the rumours are true, I don’t think he will be on OB’s Christmas card list.


lol you heard the same as me then. same reason that Tom King is out in the cold
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank Nouble 3

Powered by phpBB ®