Re: Exiles Grandstand Exeter city away

When I read the summaries and comments on this forum I wonder why you armchair champions dont put your expert?????????? opinions down on paper, and nominate the top genius amongst you to invite the coaching staff of Newport County to a series of lessons on the best way to overcome this lapse in the County's play,---- dont let your modesty stop you from letting us all into your secret formulas and directions on your sure fire plan of success for thhe club,. Oh i've suddenly realised, do you still keep in touch with Mr Sherman ?? Come on the Port ?? Bob Bassett

BertieB wrote:When I read the summaries and comments on this forum I wonder why you armchair champions dont put your expert?????????? opinions down on paper, and nominate the top genius amongst you to invite the coaching staff of Newport County to a series of lessons on the best way to overcome this lapse in the County's play,---- dont let your modesty stop you from letting us all into your secret formulas and directions on your sure fire plan of success for thhe club,. Oh i've suddenly realised, do you still keep in touch with Mr Sherman ?? Come on the Port ?? Bob Bassett
Glad you are happy Bertie Boy.

BertieB wrote:When I read the summaries and comments on this forum I wonder why you armchair champions dont put your expert?????????? opinions down on paper, and nominate the top genius amongst you to invite the coaching staff of Newport County to a series of lessons on the best way to overcome this lapse in the County's play,---- dont let your modesty stop you from letting us all into your secret formulas and directions on your sure fire plan of success for thhe club,. Oh i've suddenly realised, do you still keep in touch with Mr Sherman ?? Come on the Port ?? Bob Bassett

After your post Bob I looked back at some of your posts on here this season where YOU have criticised the managers tactics of HOOFBALL and the keeper kicking the ball over the midfielders head and straight into touch for the majority of the games.
Against Crewe your posts were scathing of his tactics and the play only for you to change your mind because we scored a late winner. Make your mind up Old chap ???

Could we ( any fan ) do worse than 7 games , 1 draw and 6 losses ?????? Hes doing a great job isnt he ? Managers get sacked for better form nowadays

For all the good MF has done for the club , he is showing he currently doesnt have any answers and we are not showing any signs of the run ending
Whats the crowd going to be Sunday , will we get 3000 ? Many 'floating fans' who may have attended the game probably wont bother now and the club will lose a lot of money because of the form shown recently. This time of year the BOD would be expecting 4500 crowds no doubt

Ordinarily, a 1-0 loss at Exeter wouldn't be hard to take, the manner of today's defeat was bad. Very few players trying to string a pass together, keeper's distribution woeful and no real cutting edge. We can't keep relying on the 'County Spirit' and backs to the wall defending every game.

Something has to change and quick. Slipping down the table rapidly. MF's job will be safe as the bottom two places are almost certainly taken so relegation isn't an option, even though we're showing relegation form.

big baz wrote:Not long back from the game and it was shite. Townsend can’t kick for toffee. Nurse and Collins added something extra
However I feel people have if a personal go at Flynn after the game are a bit out of order unless they have done their coaching badges and not just had football manager on the PlayStation for Christmas.
If that is what they teach you on these coaching courses,I'm glad I haven't got a badge.It reminds me of my playing days with Rogie Thirds,we just kicked it the way we were playing and huffed and puffed and hoped we would score.Come to think of it,we looked better than County and we didn't keep passing back to the keeper either.

rncfc wrote:I thought we played shite. Nurse and Collins looked good though, perhaps we could start playing with wingers and make the football decent to watch? Just a thought.
Well I happen to agree, we never get to the byline and then cross , thus turning the defence. We just chuck the ball forward aimlessly towards the centre backs, it’s like giving a donkey strawberries or to put it another way throwing bowls of porridge at a wall - all you get is a mess.
We have absolutely no incisiveness at all. By the way , don’t believe the bit on the match thread late on when it said “ Close but Matt header off target “ - it was so high and so far off target it nearly went over the stand! We are woeful . Townsend’s distribution was beyond a joke, the Exeter fans were p!ssing themselves laughing at us. Get King back in as a start.