Re: Leyton Orient - the Turning Point Again?

Well we got a point in the end.
Not as bad as some of the previous dross this season.
Against a woeful Orient we struggled.
Storming second half albeit still apart from Padraigs clinical finish and Georges crosses inept.
Nonsense talking about Flynny going but we really are at best average.
Some players are going backwards for sure.
Cracking crowd with as usual another pretty inept performance.

King 6 Far better distribution than Townsend
McNamarra 6 Okay
Inniss 5 No dominance today and scary on the floor.
Mickey 7 Miles from fit yet but 100% effort
Haynes 5 Awful going backwards every game (what's the problem)?
Sheehan 6 Poor for him
Labs 5 Poor again today
Nurse 8 Superb pace and inch perfect crossing
Abraham 4 Hopeless
Matt 5 Likewise albeit he tried to make a nuisance and got a few free kicks
Scott 6 First half past him by but much improved in the second

Padraig 7 Clinical finish
Polleon 3 Waste of space
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on December 29th, 2019, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackandamber wrote:I think today's game could be a turning point. Really enjoyed the 2nd half. Haven't said that for a long time. Obviously we need to be more clinical and a bit of luck wouldn't hurt either. How Orient finished with 11 players on the field I'll never know.
Simple mate.

Ref shit out big time, could of been loads of 2 yellows in the 90 minutes.
Plus 2 straight reds.

Blackandamber wrote:I think today's game could be a turning point. Really enjoyed the 2nd half. Haven't said that for a long time. Obviously we need to be more clinical and a bit of luck wouldn't hurt either. How Orient finished with 11 players on the field I'll never know.
Their manager could see the writing on the wall, as two players he brought off were on yellow cards and looking likely to get a second. If the ref had had the balls to book one of the two for deliberate handball in an poor attempt to win a free kick, he wouldn't have stayed on. Turley's kick back into Matt's chest deserved red. I think the assistant on the Bisley side was very inexperienced and maybe under instructions to give throw ins only.

faerun exile wrote:Terrible start but decent fight back. Much better with width offered by Mc and Nurse. Hopefully the penny is dropping with Flynn. Also King made a difference with his distribution, got us counter attacking well. Not saying Townsend has cost us points or games but King is just better.
I recall Justin having a similar stubborn streak regarding Alan Julian , then he brought Lenny back

First half poor we have injutires but my faith in Flynn took a knock today. Our set in first half was awful we were never going to score. Leave our goal scorer on bench, bring him on - he scores - drop him back into midfield bring on Poleon WTF have we signed him for.
I am confident we will turn the corner but for the first time I have some very small concern we could be looking down with concern.

Thought we deserved the 3 points today, after an improved display, especially second half. Managed to get the more quality balls into the box, most often from Nurse, with more bodies in there compete. Ball just didn't seem to fall for us. We all know you don't always get what you deserve from a game, and conversely we have been fortunate to get a last minute winner on a couple of occasions. Orient deserved nothing, if only for their very cynical approach. Still think that some of our players are indecisive at times and lack belief and confidence. Typified, I thought by Abrahams. Amond should start next game.

Pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd today, although it is Holiday season. Hope for similar numbers Wednesday against local opposition. Sensed a better feelgood factor amongst the fans today, compared to the despair at recent home games. Whilst not feeling confident of a win Wednesday, against a free scoring Cheltenham, if we do somehow manage the 3 points, I believe anything is still possible regards final League position.

Finally for those who have suggested that MF has 'lost the dressing room'. Utter nonsense.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Thought we deserved the 3 points today, after an improved display, especially second half. Managed to get the more quality balls into the box, most often from Nurse, with more bodies in there compete. Ball just didn't seem to fall for us. We all know you don't always get what you deserve from a game, and conversely we have been fortunate to get a last minute winner on a couple of occasions. Orient deserved nothing, if only for their very cynical approach. Still think that some of our players are indecisive at times and lack belief and confidence. Typified, I thought by Abrahams. Amond should start next game.

Pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd today, although it is Holiday season. Hope for similar numbers Wednesday against local opposition. Sensed a better feelgood factor amongst the fans today, compared to the despair at recent home games. Whilst not feeling confident of a win Wednesday, against a free scoring Cheltenham, if we do somehow manage the 3 points, I believe anything is still possible regards final League position.

Finally for those who have suggested that MF has 'lost the dressing room'. Utter nonsense.
Can't disagree with most of that mate, although currently we are along way from being contenders for anything. I couldn't fault the effort from the lads late on, however we are several players short of being anywhere as near to previous exploits, and confidence seemed to be amiss within certain players, and furthermore we need a few new incumbents, and a couple heading outbound, however if indeed we can overcome Cheltenham on Wednesday........I will be the happiest man in Cheltenham. :cheers:
COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT........