Re: Newport County Quiz of the Decade

pembsexile wrote:In last place with zero points from 3 submitted answers is me. The stupid thing is I should have known about Aldo and in the County players thread, I think it was Frank who had written recently that Len Weare played a game on his wedding day and his wife was there as well. Perhaps that is where Blackand Amber got the question from. Anyway, well done Frank. Good quiz B&A, can you make the next one a little less difficult please for numpties like me.

I also have a County crossword quiz that I did ages ago but have no idea how to post that one up. It is based on an excel spreadsheet and is now about 7 years old.
I got 3 questions from the Hall of Fame article on the County website. It lists all those that have been inducted, and I was surprised that Aldo hadn't been. Also it mentions about Len Weare's wedding day and his bride still holding her bouquet at the match.

Blackandamber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:In last place with zero points from 3 submitted answers is me. The stupid thing is I should have known about Aldo and in the County players thread, I think it was Frank who had written recently that Len Weare played a game on his wedding day and his wife was there as well. Perhaps that is where Blackand Amber got the question from. Anyway, well done Frank. Good quiz B&A, can you make the next one a little less difficult please for numpties like me.

I also have a County crossword quiz that I did ages ago but have no idea how to post that one up. It is based on an excel spreadsheet and is now about 7 years old.
I got 3 questions from the Hall of Fame article on the County website. It lists all those that have been inducted, and I was surprised that Aldo hadn't been. Also it mentions about Len Weare's wedding day and his bride still holding her bouquet at the match.
If you want an easier quiz, try my new years day quiz, only 4 questions :lol:

Blackandamber wrote:Time up!

The answers are:

1. Which former Championship player played over 100 games for the County before being transferred to a club which had just been relegated from the Premier League? His only game for his new club was a friendly against Glasgow Rangers.

Paul Bignot

2. Which player, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame during the decade, played for the County on the same day he got married.

Len Weare

3. His bride also attended the match. What was she holding ?

Her Wedding Bouquet

4. Which player was on the front cover of the programme for our FA Trophy match at Wealdstone?

Darryl Knights

5. Which former County goalkeeper stood on the terraces behind one of the goals at the game at Wealdstone?

Gary Plumley

6. Which Premier League player scored his first goal for his club when they played the County?

There are 2 answers to this question: Saido Berahino (West Brom) or Pablo Fornals (West Ham)

7. What is the connection between the referees who officiated in our last two games at Spytty Park?

They had the same 4 letters in their names. Barratt and Brat

8. Which former County player who went on to play Premier League and International football has yet to be inducted in the Hall of Fame during this decade (or before)?

John Aldridge

9. What is the total number of paying customers who sat in the Hazel stand during our first season at Rodney Parade (league matches only - not including the play offs)?

Zero (the Hazel stand wasn't used during our 1st season at RP)

10. Before one league game at Rodney Parade there was a delayed start because something wasn't quite right on the field of play. What was it that caused the delay?

The cross bar at the north end was too high
I think my answer to 6 is also correct, Rachid Ghezzal..

CasuallyCounty wrote:

The answers are:

1. Which former Championship player played over 100 games for the County before being transferred to a club which had just been relegated from the Premier League? His only game for his new club was a friendly against Glasgow Rangers.

Paul Bignot

2. Which player, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame during the decade, played for the County on the same day he got married.

Len Weare

Her Wedding Bouquet

4. Which player was on the front cover of the programme for our FA Trophy match at Wealdstone?

Darryl Knights

5. Which former County goalkeeper stood on the terraces behind one of the goals at the game at Wealdstone?

Gary Plumley

6. Which Premier League player scored his first goal for his club when they played the County?

There are 2 answers to this question: Saido Berahino (West Brom) or Pablo Fornals (West Ham)

7. What is the connection between the referees who officiated in our last two games at Spytty Park?

8. Which former County player who went on to play Premier League and International football has yet to be inducted in the Hall of Fame during this decade (or before)?

John Aldridge

9. What is the total number of paying customers who sat in the Hazel stand during our first season at Rodney Parade (league matches only - not including the play offs)?

10. Before one league game at Rodney Parade there was a delayed start because something wasn't quite right on the field of play. What was it that caused the delay?

Your answer to 6 was Jamie Vardy :lol:

Blackandamber wrote:
CasuallyCounty wrote:

The answers are:

Paul Bignot

Len Weare

Her Wedding Bouquet

Darryl Knights

Gary Plumley

John Aldridge

I said Vardy as I was thinking Fleetwood but then you clarified the question - I sent you a follow up PM about 5 mins after the first one :-)

CasuallyCounty wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
CasuallyCounty wrote:

The answers are:

Paul Bignot

Len Weare

Her Wedding Bouquet

Darryl Knights

Gary Plumley

John Aldridge

I said Vardy as I was thinking Fleetwood but then you clarified the question - I sent you a follow up PM about 5 mins after the first one :-)
Sorry but that was not his first goal.

Was against Fleetwood in his first appearance for Leicester.

already

CasuallyCounty wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
CasuallyCounty wrote:

The answers are:

Paul Bignot

Len Weare

Her Wedding Bouquet

Darryl Knights

Gary Plumley

John Aldridge

Sorry only one message from you in my inbox. Anyway it wasn't his first goal (as FN3 said).

Oh and depending on your definition of "Premier League player", Both Botti Biabi and Alex Samuel (yes, that one) scored their only Swansea goals for their U23s against us in the EFL Trophy in 2016 when Swansea were in the Premier League, but never actually made a Premier League appearance. However, all U23 players are registered as eligible to play with the Premier League, so both had a Premier League registration that season.