Newport County Quiz of the Decade

Just for fun here's a quiz related to all things County during the current decade. If you PM me your answers I'll announce the winner on New Year's Day.

1. Which former Championship player played over 100 games for the County before being transferred to a club which had just been relegated from the Premier League? His only game for his new club was a friendly against Glasgow Rangers.

2. Which player, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame during the decade, played for the County on the same day he got married.

3. His bride also attended the match. What was she holding ?

4. Which player was on the front cover of the programme for our FA Trophy match at Wealdstone?

5. Which former County goalkeeper stood on the terraces behind one of the goals at the game at Wealdstone?

6. Which Premier League player scored his first goal for his club when they played the County?

7. What is the connection between the referees who officiated in our last two games at Spytty Park?

8. Which former County player who went on to play Premier League and International football has yet to be inducted in the Hall of Fame during this decade (or before)?

9. What is the total number of paying customers who sat in the Hazel stand during our first season at Rodney Parade (league matches only - not including the play offs)?

10. Before one league game at Rodney Parade there was a delayed start because something wasn't quite right on the field of play. What was it that caused the delay?
Last edited by Blackandamber on December 30th, 2019, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Newport County Quiz of the Decade

Never mind the County, this has got to be the hardest football quiz I have ever read! The only question I have a sniff of is number 8 and I am not really sure about that one. The winner - my money is on reebok, he knows his stuff. Perhaps we should start a poll on who we think the winner will be!! Good fun though, I will be interested to see who the winner is.

pembsexile wrote:Never mind the County, this has got to be the hardest football quiz I have ever read! The only question I have a sniff of is number 8 and I am not really sure about that one. The winner - my money is on reebok, he knows his stuff. Perhaps we should start a poll on who we think the winner will be!! Good fun though, I will be interested to see who the winner is.
Okay on 8 but the rest, maybe the player and bride also. :lol:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Never mind the County, this has got to be the hardest football quiz I have ever read! The only question I have a sniff of is number 8 and I am not really sure about that one. The winner - my money is on reebok, he knows his stuff. Perhaps we should start a poll on who we think the winner will be!! Good fun though, I will be interested to see who the winner is.
Great fun, reckon I just got number 6. Sent my answer in.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
PM me your answers Frank