Re: Horse worriers tomorrow

George Street-Bridge wrote:I don't recall them ever bringing anywhere near as many to Newport as we take there, supply will.probably cope with demand.
Exactly.

A few lads from Cheltenham decide to go tomorrow morning. They have a few drinks. They can't buy a ticket to the away end so they decide to watch the game from the Hazell terrace. Cheltenham score. They momentarily don't hide their excitement. That tiny minority of morons who attach themselves to County have also had a few beers.

Not an impossible scenario is it?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I don't recall them ever bringing anywhere near as many to Newport as we take there, supply will.probably cope with demand.
Exactly.

A few lads from Cheltenham decide to go tomorrow morning. They have a few drinks. They can't buy a ticket to the away end so they decide to watch the game from the Hazell terrace. Cheltenham score. They momentarily don't hide their excitement. That tiny minority of morons who attach themselves to County have also had a few beers.

And any other Club mind not just ours

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exactly.

And any other Club mind not just ours
Absolutely. Newport County are far from being the only club whose officials don't think things through.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Supply coping with demand would mean they will get in at the right end.
If that's the case, how will the game be all ticket for away supporters?
Nobody is suggesting it is all ticket for Cheltenham fans. Just a question asked. In my opinion, an unnecessary question. No offence intended.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Supply coping with demand would mean they will get in at the right end.
If that's the case, how will the game be all ticket for away supporters?
Nobody is suggesting it is all ticket for Cheltenham fans. Just a question asked. In my opinion, an unnecessary question. No offence intended.
You're right. I had misread the first post.

However all ticket for away fans has been done at a number of clubs and is crazy. Making games all ticket for everyone can be the right thing to do, making games all ticket for away supporters only is daft.

Not always. Limited space may be a factor. It's probably necessary for our match at FGR. We don't quite reach capacity and the weather prospects put some people off. A sunny day and there could be an issue. However, they never fill the space set aside for home fans. Exeter in the two seasons previous to this one was an exceptional circumstance because construction work limited our allowance to 350.

excessbee wrote:Not always. Limited space may be a factor. It's probably necessary for our match at FGR. We don't quite reach capacity and the weather prospects put some people off. A sunny day and there could be an issue. However, they never fill the space set aside for home fans. Exeter in the two seasons previous to this one was an exceptional circumstance because construction work limited our allowance to 350.
Once you make a game all ticket for away supporters, the only way to enforce segregation is to make it all ticket for everyone.

There was a time when the stands were perceived as, if not neutral area, certainly a place which was not segregated. Sad I think that seems to have gone. I remember buying tickets to see the 3-0 defeat in the season of triumph at Bradford City. No problem buying tickets with Welsh accents or watching the game.,

Off topic. It was the stand a few years later which burned down. I have often wondered how many of the people I sat by that night lost their lives, and also whether the person who sat in the seat I had survived. Puts football in its proper perspective I suppose.