Re: Goal of the decade

UPTHEPORT wrote:Get your nominations in by Saturday 3pm

I'm going for Sandell v Hereford Home what a shot
Me too.

I think it's still up on YouTube. If it is then it should be compulsory to view the goal before voting. That way anyone who votes any other way can be seen as someone who knows nothing about football.

Second only to a goal we scored about 40 years ago in a 4-0 win over Sheffield United.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Me too.

I think it's still up on YouTube. If it is then it should be compulsory to view the goal before voting. That way anyone who votes any other way can be seen as someone who knows nothing about football.

Second only to a goal we scored about 40 years ago in a 4-0 win over Sheffield United.

Here it is at 10.50, gets my vote too.

It depends whether we are voting for how good the goal was regardless of its importance or just the importance of the goal.

I can think of 2 which are a bit of both. Robbie's goal at Hereford and Christian's goal at Wembley. Mind you Padraig's goal against Middlesborough was pretty special too in both respects.

neilcork68 wrote:Jolley's goal at Wembley...the most valuable goal in our recent history ?
Without it we could still be stuck in the non league wastelands , probably in the National League South and be skint
Hi Neil,

That makes it the most important goal. And I don't think anyone can argue with that with the exception of O'Brien v Notts County.

But for me the best goal I've ever seen at game was our third in a 4-0 win. Great goal but not important. Unless I have misunderstood the question it was best goal, not most important.

Blackandamber wrote:

Are we voting for the best shot / header or the most important goal or a combination of the two.
It's up to the individual mate I'm easy as long as its this decade and there is a video somewhere if possible

Blackandamber wrote:

Are we voting for the best shot / header or the most important goal or a combination of the two.
It is only a matter of time before we have a poll for the best equalizing goal scored by a substitute with black hair against a team playing in red stripes. :grin:

Good Afternoon

.......It is only a matter of time before we have a poll for the best equalizing goal scored by a substitute with black hair against a team playing in red stripes. :grin:

Wow, that’s a coincidence!

I don’t get to many games, but that one I remember well!

Most important or the best skill...

Another category, the most memorable... for me , Matty Dolans penalty at Mansfield. For the sheer relief!
Fantastic atmosphere all through the match, penalties taken in front of us, first ever live penalty shoot out I’ve witnessed. The sheer delight when he put it in, the celebrations from fans and players, as one ... a brilliant memory!

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

.......It is only a matter of time before we have a poll for the best equalizing goal scored by a substitute with black hair against a team playing in red stripes. :grin:

Wow, that’s a coincidence!

I don’t get to many games, but that one I remember well!

Most important or the best skill...

Another category, the most memorable... for me , Matty Dolans penalty at Mansfield. For the sheer relief!
Fantastic atmosphere all through the match, penalties taken in front of us, first ever live penalty shoot out I’ve witnessed. The sheer delight when he put it in, the celebrations from fans and players, as one ... a brilliant memory!

Phil in Northampton
Likewise the goal at Morecambe to get into the playoffs followed by those scary minutes waiting to see if Exeter had scored.