Credit due and credit spent.

Today County might beat Cheltenham. On Saturday we might beat Millwall and then draw Manchester United away in round 4.

Or we might lose today and get stuffed at Millwall

In the first scenario Michael Flynn will be hailed as the latter day Christ and lined with palms Rodney Parade will be the new Jerusalem. In the the second, no doubt there will be calls for Six hundred, three score and six to be branded on Michael Flynn's forehead before he is run out of town.

My view is that both are wrong. Over his first two and a half years Flynn built up a great deal of credit. Over the last two and a half months he has spent it.

It is a new year. New beginnings. If I were Foxhall I would tell Flynn that he is safe until the beginning of March. If then we are clear of relegation worries and still have at least hopes of a playoff place then he continues. If this run continues then in the very early spring he would have to go.

Whilst I believe it would be unfair to put too much pressure on one game. I certainly won't be calling for his head if we lose today. I do think that the pressure is now on. And that's fair enough, the other 91 know a bad run and they're out, Michael Flynn is, or at least should be, no different.

Re: Credit due and credit spent.

Afternoon Brendan. MF has not become a bad manager overnight, or for that matter for the last 6weeks or so. However, something has happened. The players do not seem to be performing as they had done at the start of the season. I have my suspicions but I have no real idea why that is. He still has some credit as far as I am concerned. He needs to keep out of the papers though imo.

Here’s hoping we have turned a corner. Cheltenham are not doing to well lately either. I’ve had a small healthy bet at 11/2 for a 1-0 win to the County today.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
penycwm county wrote:Just out of curiosity, if MF were sacked who would be available that could do a better job, IMO it would be a very difficult post to fill.
That's not a decision for now. If it became one then I don't know but I am sure there will be no lack of applications.
Applications aren't the problem, it would be getting someone who could do a better job which would be the problem.

penycwm county wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
penycwm county wrote:Just out of curiosity, if MF were sacked who would be available that could do a better job, IMO it would be a very difficult post to fill.
That's not a decision for now. If it became one then I don't know but I am sure there will be no lack of applications.
Applications aren't the problem, it would be getting someone who could do a better job which would be the problem.
Read my initial post. I said that Flynn should continue in post. Only if this run continues for another couple of months should Flynn go. If the next 10 games yields 12 points or less we would be in a potential relegation struggle. I am not quite sure that in those circumstances I would agree that finding someone to do a better job would be that difficult.

Finding someone to do a better job would not be too difficult ,paying off a contract to flynn for the remaining period of said contract would be. plus finacing a new manager we hav e been here before way too costly unless the board had foresight to have a break clause in said contract i hope if this run goes on they do have this termination clause based on results

Trev wrote:Finding someone to do a better job would not be too difficult.......
On what basis can you possibly say that? Some fans thought we had hit the jackpot when we replaced Sheridan with Westley. Every managerial appointment is a gamble. The attrition rate is ridiculously high. What was the figure quoted when Jolley left Grimsby? Something like 65 replacements in 20 months. Don't tell me they were all successful. Within that time frame surely a number of clubs went through the same process on more than one occasion.