Re: GRANDSTAND v CHELTENHAM

George Street-Bridge wrote:Harsh to blame Maloney. We shouldn't need to be bringing on an inexperienced loan midfielder to defend a 1-0 lead in the closing stages.
I have to say that I thought the substitution was strange and the most reasonable explanation I could come up with was that Labadie was injured. He was shaking his head as he took to the dugout, maybe because he was frustrated at not being able to carry on, maybe because he found it baffling too?

Amberexile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Harsh to blame Maloney. We shouldn't need to be bringing on an inexperienced loan midfielder to defend a 1-0 lead in the closing stages.
I have to say that I thought the substitution was strange and the most reasonable explanation I could come up with was that Labadie was injured. He was shaking his head as he took to the dugout, maybe because he was frustrated at not being able to carry on, maybe because he found it baffling too?
It could also be that he knows he can't play like he used to do and he knows that injuries have caught up with him.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
It could also be that he knows he can't play like he used to do and he knows that injuries have caught up with him.
According to MF he isn't available for Saturday.

Exile 1976 wrote:MF’s answers to simple questions in the ‘gus today are pretty much like a spoilt brat. Poor.
Lost the plot especially the question on McNamarra

States we have no right back at all.

Expect our youngster Dom Jeffries is pleased with that comment having played in the last round.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:MF’s answers to simple questions in the ‘gus today are pretty much like a spoilt brat. Poor.

Expect our youngster Dom Jeffries is pleased with that comment having played in the last round.

In fairness though Jeffries isn't a right back & I hope we aren't going to play him there against a side like Milwall

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Part of the problem here is people reading what is reported in the Argus rather than watching the actual interview.

Amberexile wrote:
Looked pretty obvious to me that Labadie was injured, and was probably shaking his head out of frustration for not being able to finish the game. As for bringing Maloney on, did we have any alternative apart from an even more inexperienced Jefferies?

You only get experience through playing,I don't blame Maloney for the goal although I think he's played his last game for us.Jeffries has promise so,if everyone is happy with a mid table finish then why not play him from now on.As for Saturday,if not Jeffries RB then it would have to be a CB,all of which are slow.The problem has been created by Flynny,he signed Leadbitter even though the player himself had told the Rovers boss that he was crocked,and gave him a two year contract.That is why we haven't got a RB.

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Part of the problem here is people reading what is reported in the Argus rather than watching the actual interview.
What is it you think has been either misquoted or quoted out of context?

Percy plunkett wrote:You only get experience through playing,I don't blame Maloney for the goal although I think he's played his last game for us.Jeffries has promise so,if everyone is happy with a mid table finish then why not play him from now on.As for Saturday,if not Jeffries RB then it would have to be a CB,all of which are slow.The problem has been created by Flynny,he signed Leadbitter even though the player himself had told the Rovers boss that he was crocked,and gave him a two year contract.That is why we haven't got a RB.
Flynny and Wayne new he was crocked virtually straight away unfortunately.

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

I think the Argus would quote exactly what Flynnys response was which one would assume is what he said.
For him to say on January 2nd that he hasn't a clue if McNamarra is staying is just ridiculous or totally incompetent.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

I think the Argus would quote exactly what Flynnys response was which one would assume is what he said.
For him to say on January 2nd that he hasn't a clue if McNamarra is staying is just ridiculous or totally incompetent.
The question printed by the Argus isn't what was asked of him. He was asked whether he thought Millwall refusing permission for McNamara to play in earlier rounds of the FA Cup was an indication that they wanted to recall him.

If you watch the pre and post match interviews in full, you will see that there is a constant good natured cat and mouse game going on with the journalists trying to get team news out of Flynn and him refusing to give any. In context, that part of the interview is quite entertaining as usual.

His one word monosyllabic responses are also part of this game. None of which comes across well in print.