Re: GRANDSTAND v CHELTENHAM

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just read the Argus.
Maloney was crap but saying its all down to him and naming him.
then he blasts Matt and Abrahams for all the misses forgetting he left Padraig on the bench until 89th minute.
Fella is digging one big hole for himself.
Also states priority is for another striker despite us having a crap midfield including Labs and Josh today.
Totally with you on this one. Lambasting our strikers when their workrate was excellent yet not benefitting from any good balls from midfield was poor of MF. Both TA and JM came back and defended every Cheltenham corner then had to race up front just in time to see King's long punt fall from the sky.

Tactical ineptitude on the training ground and from the side today. McNamara tried to get forward as much as he could but failed to put in a cross, Haynes similarly has lost his attacking threat, largely because Cheltenham did their research and flooded the midfield.

Bringing Podge on with a few mins to go was a waste, but I get why MF didn't want to replace either TA or JM, so why he criticised them I don't know. TA did pretty well until his booking, JM worked tirelessly at both ends of the pitch until he was flagging after 85mins. It needed to be Podge on for Labs and the academy midfielder on for Sheehan after 60mins.

Spiderman wrote:Yet another game disrupted by two of our players having to go off injured and Cheltenham still only had one shot on target and never looked like scoring.

You missed out our best striker left on the bench until the 89th minute.
You can make excuses about injuries . Every tem has them during games. Why arent the players brought on good enough to help us hold on to a lead ?
By the way , Cheltenham did score irrelevant of how many shots they had..We had more but only managed the same number of goals that they did

Big worry for me is that labs has not fired recently and Josh seems more interested in rolling around on the deck as if he has broken his leg, all in vain trying to get yellow cards for the opposition. Instead of showing the potential he clearly has.

I cant believe he says he wants another striker.

He has Matt, Amond, Poleon, Abrahams, Collins, Azeez (soon), Whitely.

How many does he need? We desparately need midielders. I think Maloney has talent but I dont think he is ready for this level and I dont think we should be developing him for Charlton at the expense of our results. Semenyo and Poole enhanced the team so they were valuable loanees.

neilcork68 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:Yet another game disrupted by two of our players having to go off injured and Cheltenham still only had one shot on target and never looked like scoring.

You can make excuses about injuries . Every tem has them during games. Why arent the players brought on good enough to help us hold on to a lead ?
By the way , Cheltenham did score irrelevant of how many shots they had..We had more but only managed the same number of goals that they did
What agency is our best striker with ?

Spiderman wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

What agency is our best striker with ?
More to the point is
Why was he not sent on albeit he should of started the game.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just read the Argus.
Maloney was crap but saying its all down to him and naming him.
then he blasts Matt and Abrahams for all the misses forgetting he left Padraig on the bench until 89th minute.
Fella is digging one big hole for himself.
Also states priority is for another striker despite us having a crap midfield including Labs and Josh today.
We differ on our performance today but I agree with you and are equally frustrated if we are talking about signing defenders or forwards last season and this midfield has been the issue partly because there is a constant change in personnel. We generally have a settled defence it works well, last season settled forward line worked well ( not so prolific this season but they need service) midfield different almost each game and weakest link for last two seasons.
Flynn needs to take some responsibility he will learn from this experience but I have some concern he is burning bridges although I remain of the view that his position should be assessed at the end of the season.

Don't think blaming the players in the media is gonna help our situation either. He blaming maloney in the argus we all know he is not the best of players but why bring him on ffs start taking account flynn of your actions you are the manager and you brought maloney on you left podge on the bench till 89th min when matt had been shit for weeks its your poor signing at the start of the season.

Borrowed time springs to mind

aberexile wrote:
jammer08 wrote:Did anyone else see Flynny snapping at Lennie after we conceded the goal?
Funny you should mention that. He seemed to be shouting at Lennie at the Orient game too. Perhaps he was making a point about something strongly and Lennie was the one he was making it to.
Yes that could be it. Pretty sure he shouted “its nothing to do with the sub”. Maybe Lennie wanted someone else to go on rather than Podge? Someone more defensive to preserve our lead perhaps?

jammer08 wrote:
aberexile wrote:
jammer08 wrote:Did anyone else see Flynny snapping at Lennie after we conceded the goal?
Funny you should mention that. He seemed to be shouting at Lennie at the Orient game too. Perhaps he was making a point about something strongly and Lennie was the one he was making it to.
Yes that could be it. Pretty sure he shouted “its nothing to do with the sub”. Maybe Lennie wanted someone else to go on rather than Podge? Someone more defensive to preserve our lead perhaps?
Let's hope lenny does not get pissed of let's be fair he could stick his 2 fingers up to flynn and walk

You give personnel long contracts at this level and you are asking for trouble - whether that be players or managers. If it is the Premiership fair enough but at this level it makes some feel untouchable and can take away focus and drive due to that "security". I really hope this is not the case with MF but some of the noises being made may suggest that. Maybe he is frustrated that his desire to manage further up is slipping away after the recent run. He may even regret not taking the Lincoln job now which might suggest why the alleged outbursts on all and sundry is becoming more frequent.

Serious point

Flynny clearly misguided thinks Matt and Abrahams are a better bet up front for us, ignoring Padraigs goals this season.

Josh and Joss were poor today, Dolan and Maloney totally useless.

If he had any grey matter between his ears why not put Padraig on in midfield rather than the 2 subs.

Clueless.