Re: GRANDSTAND v CHELTENHAM

As the second half progressed,both my friends asked when will Podge be coming on,I said we will sit back hoping to hang on.When they score he will then bring Podge on.This is Flynny's problem,he is reactive rather than proactive,I haven't got a coaching badge but I could predict what was going to happen.As for blaming Maloney,my mate Les pointed out that he had to chase his own clearance as we had everyone back,he then chased down their keeper who then passed it in the space where Maloney had run from.So in fact,Maloney had run 50 yards up the field then,50 yards back,that's why Tozer had space.To say he couldn't be bothered to track back is billshut.If we had someone upfield then he wouldn't have to sprint after his own clearance,c'mon Flynny,watch the game.

Percy plunkett wrote:As the second half progressed,both my friends asked when will Podge be coming on,I said we will sit back hoping to hang on.When they score he will then bring Podge on.This is Flynny's problem,he is reactive rather than proactive,I haven't got a coaching badge but I could predict what was going to happen.As for blaming Maloney,my mate Les pointed out that he had to chase his own clearance as we had everyone back,he then chased down their keeper who then passed it in the space where Maloney had run from.So in fact,Maloney had run 50 yards up the field then,50 yards back,that's why Tozer had space.To say he couldn't be bothered to track back is billshut.If we had someone upfield then he wouldn't have to sprint after his own clearance,c'mon Flynny,watch the game.
Regarding Maloney that is 100% correct.
The fella is hopeless but Flynny thinks he is Usain Bolt ffs

Percy plunkett wrote:As the second half progressed,both my friends asked when will Podge be coming on,I said we will sit back hoping to hang on.When they score he will then bring Podge on.This is Flynny's problem,he is reactive rather than proactive,I haven't got a coaching badge but I could predict what was going to happen.As for blaming Maloney,my mate Les pointed out that he had to chase his own clearance as we had everyone back,he then chased down their keeper who then passed it in the space where Maloney had run from.So in fact,Maloney had run 50 yards up the field then,50 yards back,that's why Tozer had space.To say he couldn't be bothered to track back is billshut.If we had someone upfield then he wouldn't have to sprint after his own clearance,c'mon Flynny,watch the game.
The main problem with the goal was the completely unmarked left back who had acres of space on the left wing for the last 20 mins. McNamara has clearly been told to tuck inside with the centre backs which leaves the wing undefended.

sblair1979 wrote:
The main problem with the goal was the completely unmarked left back who had acres of space on the left wing for the last 20 mins. McNamara has clearly been told to tuck inside with the centre backs which leaves the wing undefended.
The only way that could have been prevented was for Maloney to clear the ball and not chase it but just stay put.We could do a re-enactment of the Alamo as usual and have eleven players camped in our penalty area and hope they don't score.All Maloney did was a natural instinct to try to pressure the opposition and he gets publicly blamed for it.Flynny is out of order and should take the blame for his pathetic tactics,if that is what he calls them.

Ncfc1995 wrote:
jammer08 wrote:
aberexile wrote:
jammer08 wrote:Did anyone else see Flynny snapping at Lennie after we conceded the goal?
Funny you should mention that. He seemed to be shouting at Lennie at the Orient game too. Perhaps he was making a point about something strongly and Lennie was the one he was making it to.
Yes that could be it. Pretty sure he shouted “its nothing to do with the sub”. Maybe Lennie wanted someone else to go on rather than Podge? Someone more defensive to preserve our lead perhaps?
Let's hope lenny does not get pissed of let's be fair he could stick his 2 fingers up to flynn and walk
Let’s hope he doesn’t and it’s all sorted now. All this calling players out from Flynny is bound to affect the players’ confidence. No wonder we’re struggling.

This sums up how we play. Cheltenham manager talking to the local rag about why he played Tozer in front of his defence - "He was almost playing as the front centre-half because we almost played a diamond of defenders to front screen Jamille Matt because everything they do goes through him."

Everything we do goes through Jamma. He's not wrong is he? Defend corners stoicly, Jamma back helping. Launch the ball forward, Jamma up there winning 7/10 aerial balls.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:This sums up how we play. Cheltenham manager talking to the local rag about why he played Tozer in front of his defence - "He was almost playing as the front centre-half because we almost played a diamond of defenders to front screen Jamille Matt because everything they do goes through him."

Everything we do goes through Jamma. He's not wrong is he? Defend corners stoicly, Jamma back helping. Launch the ball forward, Jamma up there winning 7/10 aerial balls.
There was one moment today where King went wide to Danny Mc, he played to Sheehan and then ball went wide to Tristan (i think) who squared and nearly created a goal. Cheltenham seemed stunned we didnt play a long ball. Wish we would mix it up more often.

Same with set pieces, would it not be a good idea to NOT aim for Innis every single time. He often has multiple markers so there must be space in the box to exploit. The goal showed this perfectly.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:This sums up how we play. Cheltenham manager talking to the local rag about why he played Tozer in front of his defence - "He was almost playing as the front centre-half because we almost played a diamond of defenders to front screen Jamille Matt because everything they do goes through him."

Agreed, and it has been obvious most of this season that opposition managers have sussed this out, and are set up to counter his threat. Having said this I think he has been a little more effective in the last couple of matches, resulting in improved displays compared with many home matches. Ironically IMO better displays than some of the games from which we have scrapped 1-0 wins. Of course the difference being we are no longer keeping clean sheets.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Serious point

Flynny clearly misguided thinks Matt and Abrahams are a better bet up front for us, ignoring Padraigs goals this season.

Josh and Joss were poor today, Dolan and Maloney totally useless.

If he had any grey matter between his ears why not put Padraig on in midfield rather than the 2 subs.

Clueless.
If you are signing off that rant as 'Clueless' then I could agree with that...Clueless Frank...yeah that fits.

You look at every game like a fantasy football type - things are not always absolutes, players may be carrying knocks, coming off the back of a virus but you wouldn't know the finer details.

It might even be that Flynny as an eye on the cup game, ensuring Podge is 100% for that one. His record for scoring in the FA Cup is amazing, he has a chance to further build on that. Also you can debate the relative importance of the FA Cup to a League fixture, but without it (Cup) we would be in a sorry state - so maybe Flynny has one eye on another possible cup upset and run.

The thing is I don't know, but neither do you as neither of us is Manager of our football club...what pisses me off is you say it like it's fact, like you are the one truth....when clearly you spout a load of rubbish.

Fourthousand wrote:

Flynny clearly misguided thinks Matt and Abrahams are a better bet up front for us, ignoring Padraigs goals this season.

If he had any grey matter between his ears why not put Padraig on in midfield rather than the 2 subs.

Clueless.
If you are signing off that rant as 'Clueless' then I could agree with that...Clueless Frank...yeah that fits.

You look at every game like a fantasy football type - things are not always absolutes, players may be carrying knocks, coming off the back of a virus but you wouldn't know the finer details.

It might even be that Flynny as an eye on the cup game, ensuring Podge is 100% for that one. His record for scoring in the FA Cup is amazing, he has a chance to further build on that. Also you can debate the relative importance of the FA Cup to a League fixture, but without it (Cup) we would be in a sorry state - so maybe Flynny has one eye on another possible cup upset and run.

The thing is I don't know, but neither do you as neither of us is Manager of our football club...what pisses me off is you say it like it's fact, like you are the one truth....when clearly you spout a load of rubbish.
Much appreciate the Rant ffs

Lets not have a forum :roll:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:

Clueless.

Much appreciate the Rant ffs

Lets not have a forum :roll:
You"re Welcome - just trying to point out that in some posters eyes (mine) your views are not better than is our Club Manager's (no matter how strongly you try to belittle them).

Regarding Padraig not possibly being fit.
He was clearly biting at the bit with non stop warming up throughout the game, far more than any other player.
I hope you are incorrect in suggesting he was possibly saving him for Saturday also.
Anyway its all about opinions

Cheers