Re: Let's predict some footballers death

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: it's one of the few certainties in life.

Not for me. I am invincible and will live forever.

However for the rest of you who are going to die, if you are having trouble coping with your mortality, could I suggest denial?
Yep, I can just picture you cryogenically frozen and placed in a see-through casket at Rodney Parade Stan.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

However for the rest of you who are going to die, if you are having trouble coping with your mortality, could I suggest denial?
Yep, I can just picture you cryogenically frozen and placed in a see-through casket at Rodney Parade Stan.
Remains to be seen. :)

Willthiswork wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Remains to be seen. :)
Now that is a sharp witted comment :grin:
No, I can't say I like the "competition" and personally find it in bad taste.That other people do it is a poor justification..However each to their own and just my point of view.
I wonder what Wrexham fans would make of it as they are lampooned for the amount of digits on their hands so regularly?

My take on this.

Death comes to us all. Worse I think death comes to those we love. And for anyone who has ever lost a parent, a partner, or God forbid a child, will know that grief can be overwhelming. I am no exception from this and I suspect that neither are many, if not most, of the posters on this board. And I understand and respect those who feel it is a subject that we should not make light of.

For me though, death were it a person would be a bully and a tyrant. And the one thing tyrants can't abide is being laughed at. It doesn't matter whether the tyrant is the 'Supreme Leader' with an army of jackboots, or the office manager who delights in humiliating his/her staff who can't fight back. All of them fear ridicule.

So I certainly feel that if people want to make jokes about death then I have no difficulty with that. And I certainly have no problem with jokes about my remains on display at Rodney Parade.

I can see where Frank is coming from, but on this occasion I disagree.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:My take on this.

Death comes to us all. Worse I think death comes to those we love. And for anyone who has ever lost a parent, a partner, or God forbid a child, will know that grief can be overwhelming. I am no exception from this and I suspect that neither are many, if not most, of the posters on this board. And I understand and respect those who feel it is a subject that we should not make light of.

For me though, death were it a person would be a bully and a tyrant. And the one thing tyrants can't abide is being laughed at. It doesn't matter whether the tyrant is the 'Supreme Leader' with an army of jackboots, or the office manager who delights in humiliating his/her staff who can't fight back. All of them fear ridicule.

So I certainly feel that if people want to make jokes about death then I have no difficulty with that. And I certainly have no problem with jokes about my remains on display at Rodney Parade.

I can see where Frank is coming from, but on this occasion I disagree.
Not a problem albeit Whoareya will think I penned the above reply. :lol: