Re: Maloney back to Charlton

I think the experience he gained here will prove invaluable to him

He had a great game against Stevenage. He shouldn't look any further than Cameron Pring who couldn't nail down a regular place on loan with us last season-he was up against Butler but is now a full time professional at Walsall.

Good luck to him hope it works out.

papajohn wrote:
jammer08 wrote:Good. He was hopeless.
You mean apart from his hat trick against Cheltenham on 12th November? :oops:
Ok yes he scored a hat trick vs Cheltenham but in every game I’ve seen him play he’s looked lost in the game and has just been poor. All the best to him though just not worked out for him here

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Superb against Stevenage but just not in the game apart.
Possibly will still make it so best of luck.
Be honest Frank, how can anyone be in the game when we play so much hoof ball and head tennis? Put the fekkin' ball on the deck and stroke it around and you have a completely different outcome. Just my opinion.

papajohn wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Superb against Stevenage but just not in the game apart.
Possibly will still make it so best of luck.
Be honest Frank, how can anyone be in the game when we play so much hoof ball and head tennis? Put the fekkin' ball on the deck and stroke it around and you have a completely different outcome. Just my opinion.
Quite agree but that's what midfield is for. Games past him by.
Appreciate the normal aerial bombardment over his head but when he had the ball it went sideways or backwards.
Not in stature but game play reminded me of Klukowski who could hide on that pitch for ages.

papajohn wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
papajohn wrote:
jammer08 wrote:Good. He was hopeless.
You mean apart from his hat trick against Cheltenham on 12th November? :oops:

A hat trick against Cheltenham reserves was good but he’s looked very poor in most of his games in the League.
Refer to my reply to Frank, above

Labadie and Sheehan manage to play a bit. Maloney was just poor. Like a fan that had won a competition to play for us.
Good luck to the lad, he’s still young and I hope he does well. Just don’t think he’s suited to League 2 football.