Re: Exiles Grandstand - FA Cup v Millwall

He took a swing with his left foot because he can't use his right.If it was a in swinger,he probably would have tried a back flick with his left.Inswinger,you clear out with your right for another corner,out swinger,you clear out for a throw or whack down field,both with your right.Why go for it with your left,because he is afraid to use his right.I know it,you know it,everybody knows it so,why not our management team.Benno was RB so he should be there with Nurse on the back stick or somewhere on the left.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Congrats to Flynny,Hats and Lennie for their superb plan.If Millwall get a corner on the right,stick a LB who only uses his right foot to stand on,as the player to cut out the corner.Brilliant plan,is that what they are taught on these training courses,you couldn't make it up.

Really? The player himself is 100% at fault. He should be able to clear that with either foot. Simply not good enough, can’t blame Flynny for that. The fact he completely misses the ball with his left foot is Flynny, Hats & Lenny’s fault? :lol:

I wouldn’t worry too much arguing as I’m pretty certain mr Plunkett has a personal issue/obsession with Flynny.

I cannot believe someone has said that us fans, who turn up every week, pay money to watch our team, support the team even when it's at it's lowest ebb, are pathetic. The cheek to call us quiet, even though we are one of the least supported teams in League Two and get lower gate receipts than the majority of the other teams, is in itself pathetic. If we weren't true fans then all those years ago, we wouldn't have a Newport County today. Stick to the atmosphere of The Valley, where half the time your fans are as silent as you think ours are.

Percy plunkett wrote:He took a swing with his left foot because he can't use his right.If it was a in swinger,he probably would have tried a back flick with his left.Inswinger,you clear out with your right for another corner,out swinger,you clear out for a throw or whack down field,both with your right.Why go for it with your left,because he is afraid to use his right.I know it,you know it,everybody knows it so,why not our management team.Benno was RB so he should be there with Nurse on the back stick or somewhere on the left.

In other news, a mid table league 2 side conceded a soft goal to a team currently hovering just outside the championship play off places

Spiderman wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:He took a swing with his left foot because he can't use his right.If it was a in swinger,he probably would have tried a back flick with his left.Inswinger,you clear out with your right for another corner,out swinger,you clear out for a throw or whack down field,both with your right.Why go for it with your left,because he is afraid to use his right.I know it,you know it,everybody knows it so,why not our management team.Benno was RB so he should be there with Nurse on the back stick or somewhere on the left.

In other news, a mid table league 2 side conceded a soft goal to a team currently hovering just outside the championship play off places
Even more reason to be competitive and not gift them a goal.Do your homework on who marks who and have a game plan.As I said,the last player who should be there was him.If you are happy to gift wrap goals to the opposition then stay happy with that.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Spiderman wrote:

Even more reason to be competitive and not gift them a goal.Do your homework on who marks who and have a game plan.As I said,the last player who should be there was him.If you are happy to gift wrap goals to the opposition then stay happy with that.
Every goal that’s scored at any level can be attributed to a mistake , your constant obsession with Flynn is embarrassing

KingOfGwent wrote:I cannot believe someone has said that us fans, who turn up every week, pay money to watch our team, support the team even when it's at it's lowest ebb, are pathetic. The cheek to call us quiet, even though we are one of the least supported teams in League Two and get lower gate receipts than the majority of the other teams, is in itself pathetic. If we weren't true fans then all those years ago, we wouldn't have a Newport County today. Stick to the atmosphere of The Valley, where half the time your fans are as silent as you think ours are.
Like I've said, all those years ago, the players don't care mate. It's cringey hanging onto things that happened decades ago!

I love Newport, they are my favourite team and I intend on following them a lot more (London based, so will go to every game round here and a reasonable distance that I can), especially away, but the support of those there (not the numbers) is pathetic, and I stand by that. I have never seen a bunch of more docile fans, it was like watching a game of bowls at times, people getting upset at the sound of the cheering etc. It was absolutely embarrassing.

The Valley is another issue, the fans in the "loud" area, claim that poor acoustics make them sound quieter, which is also incredibly embarrassing. The Valley is almost as boring an atmosphere as Rodney Parade, but I always expect something a bit more when fans are away... Cheering for 90 minutes is expected, not to be outraged at. For the record though, numbers of fans aside, I went to Wembley to watch both Newport and Charlton this season, and Charlton, one of the most boring clubs on Earth, made more noise per fan in the toilets than Newport fans made the full 90... I think I commented the same thing then, the support was pathetic... Like I said, I love Newport, I am 100% a fan, every player on the pitch was getting 100% support from me, no negative shouts at all, but you all need to pick it up a bit.

People were looking at me like I was crazy for cheering for 90 minutes... I was called "keen" by someone who spent the whole second half on their phone. I had one moron say "where were you at Grimsby?" Who gives a shit? You can't on the one hand complain that you are one of the least supported clubs in League 2 and then on the other hand get upset when "fairweather fans" like me turn up.

Like I said, terrible support, I don't care what you all did decades ago, clinging onto that as proof of support is just cringey to be honest.

Can’t believe you’re sticking up for him and blaming the management team. There is absolutely no reason why a left footed player, aiming a ball coming straight to his left foot, should miss the ball. It was his fault, no one else’s .. no ifs, buts or maybe’s about it.
If you’re happy that a professional footballer cannot be trusted to clear a ball coming to him with whatever foot, then you stay happy with that.

Exile 1976 wrote:

Can’t believe you’re sticking up for him and blaming the management team. There is absolutely no reason why a left footed player, aiming a ball coming straight to his left foot, should miss the ball. It was his fault, no one else’s .. no ifs, buts or maybe’s about it.
If you’re happy that a professional footballer cannot be trusted to clear a ball coming to him with whatever foot, then you stay happy with that.

Opinions should always be welcomed , but this guy even criticises how Flynn carries his child off the pitch after we win, compared to when we lose. It’s personal and whilst it’s hard , try and ignore it.

We have some fans that are not happy with the Board, some with the Manager, with certain players in the team, with the way we play, with current form, with our share of possession in a Cup game against higher opposition, with our recruitment policy, length of contracts, the merchandise we offer, the academy set up, the ticketing process, the colour of our shorts, quietness of our fans etc etc and so it goes on and on.

Anyone left out there that just want to get behind our club and enjoy being a supporter of our team playing in the Football league. Fxcking whingers and 'experts' who all know better but actually do fxck all in reality. I truly believe that there are 'fans' for whom Newport County isn't considered good enough, come up short of their expectations and boy oh boy are they going to let everyone know about it. If that's the case please fxck off and support another club that you feel is worthy, I for one would be alot happier rather than having to listen to so much negativity and bullshit self importance - you are insignificant, get over it or get yourself elected.

Fourthousand wrote:We have some fans that are not happy with the Board, some with the Manager, with certain players in the team, with the way we play, with current form, with our share of possession in a Cup game against higher opposition, with our recruitment policy, length of contracts, the merchandise we offer, the academy set up, the ticketing process, the colour of our shorts, quietness of our fans etc etc and so it goes on and on.

Anyone left out there that just want to get behind our club and enjoy being a supporter of our team playing in the Football league. Fxcking whingers and 'experts' who all know better but actually do fxck all in reality. I truly believe that there are 'fans' for whom Newport County isn't considered good enough, come up short of their expectations and boy oh boy are they going to let everyone know about it. If that's the case please fxck off and support another club that you feel is worthy, I for one would be alot happier rather than having to listen to so much negativity and bullshit self importance - you are insignificant, get over it or get yourself elected.
Ok mate, everything is fantastic, team is playing brilliant and I cant wait until next game.

Fourthousand wrote:We have some fans that are not happy with the Board, some with the Manager, with certain players in the team, with the way we play, with current form, with our share of possession in a Cup game against higher opposition, with our recruitment policy, length of contracts, the merchandise we offer, the academy set up, the ticketing process, the colour of our shorts, quietness of our fans etc etc and so it goes on and on.

Oh yeah, that's the purpose of the forum, to stifle debate. If you were half as intelligent as you seem to think you are, you would still be twice as intelligent as you actually are. Maybe you should get over yourself.

I'm not criticising the team, I think they really did do their best. I'm criticising the fans.