Re: A message for UPTHEPORT

excessbee wrote:
The Wolf wrote:If you want a successful football club/team you all need to do that little bit more.
Couldn't agree more. But doing a little bit more doesn't translate into a bucket shaking exercise. The simplest way to 'do a bit more' is for those who still sreadfastly stick to the idea of contributing only the price of a matchday ticket, to join the trust. Just £60 a year for basic membership.
I think you will get more on matchday via rattling buckets than the extra £3 per game a trust membership brings the club.
Like I said it wont happen without the board kicking it off.
I did suggest another share issue to Shaun at one of the meetings but nothing came of it.
This time to kick off a ground fund not for players wages.

I've said this before, but I think we need to develop an attitude of being a "supporter funded football club", rather than just fan owned.
We need to take on board that whatever the Club needs, we need to pay for. WE are the proverbial "cash cow". and we have to be happy to be so.
First thing we need to do is cover any losses ourselves, so that we get the full value of any Cup windfalls. To do that, as a minimum, I'd guess if half of our following (1800) signed up at £20 per month by Direct Debit on the membership scheme, we'd contribute around £400,000 a year. That would be a nice sum to have in, before a ticket is bought the following season.

I believe all previous annual memberships have now finished, and IIRC, around 90 people had yet to rejoin the Trust, people that were formerly members I mean. They need to come back on board, ideally at £20 pr month.

newgroundrodney wrote:I've said this before, but I think we need to develop an attitude of being a "supporter funded football club", rather than just fan owned.
We need to take on board that whatever the Club needs, we need to pay for. WE are the proverbial "cash cow". and we have to be happy to be so.
First thing we need to do is cover any losses ourselves, so that we get the full value of any Cup windfalls. To do that, as a minimum, I'd guess if half of our following (1800) signed up at £20 per month by Direct Debit on the membership scheme, we'd contribute around £400,000 a year. That would be a nice sum to have in, before a ticket is bought the following season.

I believe all previous annual memberships have now finished, and IIRC, around 90 people had yet to rejoin the Trust, people that were formerly members I mean. They need to come back on board, ideally at £20 pr month.
Problem is not everyone has £20 to donate every month.
Sure you have.
I certainly did until recently retiring.
Its a fair bit of extra cash £240 per annum on top of your season ticket/ ticket and spends

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I've said this before, but I think we need to develop an attitude of being a "supporter funded football club", rather than just fan owned.

Problem is not everyone has £20 to donate every month.
Sure you have.
I certainly did until recently retiring.
Its a fair bit of extra cash £240 per annum on top of your season ticket/ ticket and spends

I fully appreciate that everyone won't be in a position to do so. That's why I said just half of our fans. looking around at the age demographic on an average matchday, I'd like to think we have around 1500 fans who would be able and willing. Thing is, we'll only have the Club we're able to fund. Most fans of course don't have their heart invested in football, it's just a passtime they enjoy.

I am afraid the problem some posters here don't appreciate is that most supporters are not as fanatical as those who post on here. As a consequence, they have the mistaken belief, albeit genuine, that all supporters share their fanatical views. The overwhelming majority of County supporters are quite happy to wear the scarf, go to the game of a Saturday, buy the programme and leave it at that.

Now if you want to get more money from the supporter base, you need to offer more in return. The idea that the board of directors can simply ask for more and get money to spend whilst covering every financial matter in a cloak of secrecy if for the birds. And for many looking at the situation obvious questions arise. All that Cup money but we have one of the lowest player budgets in League 2. How can that be? We have over the last three months one of the worst playing records in the League, yet our manager is paid one of the highest, if not the highest salaries in the League. Ryan Courtney posts on here that all the directors have had to sign non disclosure agreements, Kevin Ward has posted on here that they do not sign such agreements. So what is the truth? Gavin Foxhall may or may not still be 'considering his position'. Which is it? And we have two new directors elected unopposed in the autumn. Without checking name them?

Anybody really think the good folk of Newport are going to hand over their money in those circumstances? If you do I have a rare 1933 penny which I'm willing to sell for £1,000.

The club now has an employee count of over 100, so even if they only averaged a wage of £10k a year that alone is £1 million, perhaps double that of the L2 payment ?

Any assumption that the Cup money has been banked and remains hidden/squirrelled away at the expense of the playing budget, ground fund, or any other perceived priority is ridiculous.

whoareya wrote:The club now has an employee count of over 100, so even if they only averaged a wage of £10k a year that alone is £1 million, perhaps double that of the L2 payment ?

Any assumption that the Cup money has been banked and remains hidden/squirrelled away at the expense of the playing budget, ground fund, or any other perceived priority is ridiculous.
The last supporters meeting was October 3rd. Why make assumptions? Would it not be better to ask Gavin and the boys all these questions?

All we need now is for our board of directors to call the already overdue meeting.

Come on Foxy old son, get a move on. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:The club now has an employee count of over 100, so even if they only averaged a wage of £10k a year that alone is £1 million, perhaps double that of the L2 payment ?

The last supporters meeting was October 3rd. Why make assumptions? Would it not be better to ask Gavin and the boys all these questions?

All we need now is for our board of directors to call the already overdue meeting.

Your making the assumption I'm suspicious or concerned enough to make enquires.

I'm not.

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I'm not.
Thankfully for human development, your lack of curiosity is not shared by everyone.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I'm not.
Thankfully for human development, your lack of curiosity is not shared by everyone.
Perhaps, but thankfully the devious, spiteful demeanor portrayed by your Stan Einstein character is not shared by everyone either.

Based on what was said in previous years about our finances i would think next season is going to be the lowest budget yet. No massive FA cup money spinner means this boards luck might finally have run out. we wont be able to sustain the lossess this season now we dont have 1m coming in from the cup.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Remember, you don't have to wait for a supporters' meeting, I'm sure there will somebody in the marquee either tonight or prior to the Swindon game who will answer questions. Do report the answers back.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Remember, you don't have to wait for a supporters' meeting, I'm sure there will somebody in the marquee either tonight or prior to the Swindon game who will answer questions. Do report the answers back.
The point about open meetings is that Glyn films them and they are on the record. I'm sure there will be someone in the Marquee but that is not good enough. Please tell me what is wrong with expecting the directors to keep their word of quarterly meetings?