Re: A message for UPTHEPORT

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:The club now has an employee count of over 100, so even if they only averaged a wage of £10k a year that alone is £1 million, perhaps double that of the L2 payment ?

Any assumption that the Cup money has been banked and remains hidden/squirrelled away at the expense of the playing budget, ground fund, or any other perceived priority is ridiculous.
The last supporters meeting was October 3rd. Why make assumptions? Would it not be better to ask Gavin and the boys all these questions?

All we need now is for our board of directors to call the already overdue meeting.

Come on Foxy old son, get a move on. :grin:
Remember, you don't have to wait for a supporters' meeting, I'm sure there will somebody in the marquee either tonight or prior to the Swindon game who will answer questions. Do report the answers back.
The point about open meetings is that Glyn films them and they are on the record. I'm sure there will be someone in the Marquee but that is not good enough. Please tell me what is wrong with expecting the directors to keep their word of quarterly meetings?
One issue for people who don't attend the open meetings, is that the board can either ignore difficult questions that have been submitted in advance or choose easy questions to answer when multiple questions on the same subject are received. I find it far better to ask questions face-to-face in the marquee. I suggest you give it a try if you have something urgent to ask.

In fairness I rarely see any directors in the marquee, never seen Gavin there ever.
Open meetings never get down to difficult questions as normally Mr Hando (not a board member) or others will state time running out.
Any difficult questions are normally met with a bit of bluster.
Can see them dying a death with poor turnouts getting less each time.
Long way for Stan to come to ask a question also.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:In fairness I rarely see any directors in the marquee, never seen Gavin there ever.
Open meetings never get down to difficult questions as normally Mr Hando (not a board member) or others will state time running out.

There’s always at least one Board member in the Marquee when I go there.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:In fairness I rarely see any directors in the marquee, never seen Gavin there ever.
I'm sure Brendan is smart enough to be able to get a question asked in the marquee without having to go to the trouble of attending a match.

Amberexile wrote:
I'm sure Brendan is smart enough to be able to get a question asked in the marquee without having to go to the trouble of attending a match.
Oh I am. Sadly I'm not smart enough to get an answer. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Really? What question(s) have you not been smart enough to get an answer to?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Do me the courtesy of answering my questions first. Again do you think there is anything wrong with the supporters meeting taking place on 30th January? And if no, do you think that as the last date was changed it is unreasonable to ask that the date time and place be confirmed?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Do me the courtesy of answering my questions first. Again do you think there is anything wrong with the supporters meeting taking place on 30th January? And if no, do you think that as the last date was changed it is unreasonable to ask that the date time and place be confirmed?
I answered the first one on the other thread but will repeat here. I think it is a good date in as far as it is very near the end of the transfer window. From personal preference it would be held the Friday night before a home match rather than an away making it easier for exiled fans to attend and take in a match but they always seem to be before an away game for some reason.
I don't think it unreasonable to ask for the date, time and venue to be confirmed but also think it reasonable to assume it will be early evening in Newport and dangerous to assume that circumstances won't dictate that it is changed closer to the date as has happened in the past.
What question(s) have you not been smart enough to get an answer to?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
I answered the first one on the other thread but will repeat here. I think it is a good date in as far as it is very near the end of the transfer window. From personal preference it would be held the Friday night before a home match rather than an away making it easier for exiled fans to attend and take in a match but they always seem to be before an away game for some reason.
I don't think it unreasonable to ask for the date, time and venue to be confirmed but also think it reasonable to assume it will be early evening in Newport and dangerous to assume that circumstances won't dictate that it is changed closer to the date as has happened in the past.
A good one to start would be about non disclosure agreements. Ryan Courtney posted on here that all directors had to sign them, Kevin Ward posted on here they did not. As both can't bed right I'd like to know who is.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
evening.
Stand corrected but cannot think of any meetings being held on a Friday.
A social evening and likely to get a poor attendance from both fans and the board.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
evening.
A social evening and likely to get a poor attendance from both fans and the board.
Best time would be on a Saturday morning before a home game in my view. I believe that many more would attend. 10-30 am until 1-30 pm.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
evening.
Best time would be on a Saturday morning before a home game in my view. I believe that many more would attend. 10-30 am until 1-30 pm.
I would have thought the board would be busy on the day of a match but I guess everybody will have their own preference for when would be best, making finding the optimal time tricky.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
A good one to start would be about non disclosure agreements. Ryan Courtney posted on here that all directors had to sign them, Kevin Ward posted on here they did not. As both can't bed right I'd like to know who is.
Of whom did you ask the question and what reason did they give for not answering?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Of whom did you ask the question and what reason did they give for not answering?
You asked me what questions I would ask.

However when I wrote to the club Gavin Foxhall replied he'd tell me when he told everyone else and did not reply to subsequent emails.

Kevin Ward refuses to apologize for publishing damaging untruths about me and is refusing to answer my emails. I suppose being a journalist he will know that as I have kept all our emails I can prove him to be at best cavalier with the truth. Which may well explain why he no longer posts on here.