Re: New signing 5:30pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:According to Wikipedia he is also a talented singer.

Okay, if we were going to sign a Northampton striker who could sing, being a home loving man I'd have gone for Andy Williams. :grin:
Talking of singers - Des O'Connor was evacuated to Northampton in WWII and ended up playing for them apparently...

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Underwhelmed
We need 2 at least in midfield plus a right back to compete with Dom now.
5"9"striker with hoof ball tactics?
With all due respect Frank, you’ve just commented on the MK thread how much better the football was without hoof ball to Matt, make your mind up.

DT1892 wrote:Think he's a decent player. Pacy. Comments I've seen from Northampton fans suggest he's been played all over the place. Good to have another option in the squad.
Yes agree, quite pleased with this, I suspect he might add a bit of creativity which we’ve been missing lately. Judging by his record though I’m not expecting him to be on the scoresheet too often.

Spiderman wrote:
With all due respect Frank, you’ve just commented on the MK thread how much better the football was without hoof ball to Matt, make your mind up.
Do you think flynny will change tactics.
If he plays it on the ground we have 3 forwards who will improve.
The 3 we have now.
No need for number 4.
Sorry 5 forgot lewis.
Plus 2 who are hopeless Polleon and Azeez if he comes back.
That makes 7 forwards (Nuts)

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Do you think flynny will change tactics.
If he plays it on the ground we have 3 forwards who will improve.
The 3 we have now.
No need for number 4.
Sorry 5 forgot lewis.
Plus 2 who are hopeless Polleon and Azeez if he comes back.
That makes 7 forwards (Nuts)
Honestly I think he will alter tactics after tonight’s performance. We played the ball on the deck and it’s the best I’ve seen us play in ages. If he doesn’t change the tactics he’s a fool but we’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.
Good amount of money from tonight that could help us sign a midfielder not another striker!!!! Hoping Poleon is let go as he looks a waste of space. He had a fair chance tonight and looked lethargic (putting it lightly)!! Fingers crossed Ade azeez is going too as he’s currently injured and we cannot afford to carry passengers. Will leave us with Jammer (who i’d release given his current form), podge, Tristan, Lewis and the new signing. More than enough up front. Need playmakers more than anything.

My lad was talking to Azeez at the Cheltenham game and he said he wasn't far off.

Let's give the new signing 5 or so games - we'll soon know if he has enhanced the squad. He'll still get more game time than Lewis Collins. How MF chose Poleon to come on before Collins in the game yesterday is beyond me.

Whilst understanding the call for Flynny to change tactics to play the ball on the floor, instead of 'hoofball' i don't see it in such black and white terms. Would love to see us play an accurate quick passing game from back to front, with quality crosses coming into the box from the byline, but such utopian football is of course unrealistic, and the players will need to have the ability, belief and confidence to do so whatever the managers instructions are. There will undoubtedly be times when a long hopeful or even accurate high punt upfield will be the right thing to do, but accept it should be far less often than we have seen for most of this season. Lets hope the new signing is able to contribute to this aim. Having seen the MK game live last night and the Cheltenham game in this competition on 'i follow' it is obvious to me that the players are performing with a greater freedom to express themselves in this competition, as opposed to being weighed down by the greater pressure to perform in League games.

As for the call for players to be let go e.g. Poleon, Azeez, Matt etc. that might be far easier said than done as they are still under contract. Haven't we seen an example of this recently with KMB? Believe that Matt is still a vital member of the squad and has shown an improvement in form in recent matches, although did hear rumours of a 'falling out' with the manager yesterday?

Having like yourself watched exactly that for 90 minutes last night cannot agree that it is unrealistic.
A lot of the hoof ball is down to the keeper who once again steadfastly refused to throw a quick ball to Nurse or Haynes both in acres of space.
At least King does try this albeit occasionally.
Polleon looked 2 stone overweight and useless.
Got to be Flynnys worst signing and as Mr Figo said putting him on before Collins was nuts.