Re: 4 games undefeated at home now.

supporter wrote:After last night that's 4 games undefeated at home now, seems a good platform to build from.

Exactly half the season left to put a run together instead of 12 games and no room error.

40k banked, 2 games from Wembley.
Can I have some of that you’ve been smoking?

Have to admire your positivity but talking about our recent form in the same ball park as good platforms is completely crazy.

I didn't go either. It'll take a few more games to reach your level of positivity, however recent games have been on a (slightly) upward trend. My opinion has always been that it was team confidence not ability that was lacking and that coincided with some critical injury problems. Get everyone available for selection, plus a couple of additions and steady the ship. Not reaching the playoffs won't be a disaster, remember it was a last ditch effort last season. Top ten will be fine.

I think top 10 from where we were is a great achievement but if we aim for 10th there's more likelihood we'll finish lower.

My key words only time will tell but with the number of games left and our previous exploits then you've got to aim as high as possible and take it from there.

I agree with excessbee recent games have been on an upward trend, the injuries are clearing up and we've got new signings coming in, lot to look forward to.

It's funny how things how things move on. Driving the works van thinking about football as usual I realised that from being a major part of my football calendar for the last 3 seasons I have no idea who drew who in the 4th round of the fa cup, conclusion-whilst loving the fa cup and all it stands for its no longer something I'm overly interested in.

I do however now know the last 8 of our cup competition from having little interest in the last 3 seasons. New beginnings and all that.

supporter wrote:It's funny how things how things move on. Driving the works van thinking about football as usual I realised that from being a major part of my football calendar for the last 3 seasons I have no idea who drew who in the 4th round of the fa cup, conclusion-whilst loving the fa cup and all it stands for its no longer something I'm overly interested in.

I do however now know the last 8 of our cup competition from having little interest in the last 3 seasons. New beginnings and all that.
That is a very good point.

Stan that's the classic mind of a football fan.

Last night could prove to be a pivotal game in the season because it gets the Millwall game out of the system almost immediately.

I also don't think it will have the distracting effect that the fa cup has the potential to have. I think some games in the last 8 are televised so also the opportunity to make some more money.

As I say hopefully a good place to build from.