Re: 18/19 and 19/20

I admire optimism and I genuinely hope all of you are right.

But as I have pointed out before the Titanic was having a fast trouble free voyage right up until she hit the iceberg. If we had been accumulating our points evenly over the season I would share your confidence. But our last 10 League games have resulted in four points. And that is a serious cause for concern.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I admire optimism and I genuinely hope all of you are right.

But as I have pointed out before the Titanic was having a fast trouble free voyage right up until she hit the iceberg. If we had been accumulating our points evenly over the season I would share your confidence. But our last 10 League games have resulted in four points. And that is a serious cause for concern.

They weren’t spread evenly during the same period last season either. 8 of those 10 wins came in the first 13 games. (Of the next 13 games we only got 9 points, 2 wins, 3 draws & 8 defeats) We dropped from 3rd to 13th by game 26. In fact, we were as low as 15th position up to and including game 33.
It was our 7 wins , 4 draws and just 2 defeats in the last 13 games that got us in to the play offs.
Not saying that is going to happen this year of course, just pointing out that things, and this season is not as bad (so far) as some people are making out.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on January 8th, 2020, 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

As someone who keeps track on such things, I find it interesting that Mike Flynn's FIRST 25 games in charge accumulated 46 points... just 10 pts more in total including the Great Escape which most people see as an exciting time.
Poor spells happen to most teams, but whenever I examine Flynny's tenure over a prolonged period, any way I slice it, ONE word springs to mind: "consistency"
Last edited by newgroundrodney on January 8th, 2020, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As I've said elsewhere this is a second half of the season run league. Normally if you stay in touch first half and then put a good run together you'll either go automatic or make the playoffs, sometimes a team will come with a late run eg us and Wimbledon.

23 games to go 69 points up for grabs.