Re: Transfer News at 6.30pm

Exile 1976 wrote:
somerton moss wrote:The proof is in the playing. I hope Flynn has done his homework and seen him play on a numerous occasions.
Tom Elliot is a fantastic signing for Salford will score loads. Pity we couldn't afford him.

Apparently Elliott is earning £5k a week at Salford :shock:
Whilst the “Directors” of Salford , Messrs Giggs , Butt , Neville et all , lord it up at Manure v Man Shitty when their club are playing at home in the EFL Trophy on a wet Tuesday night ??
I don’t give 2 flying F’s about Salford and their plastic scummy Club tbh ...... they’ll be bankrupt within 2 years .

Without having seen either new signing play (apart from seeing BW on Quest football show), I see both signings as being recognition by MF that he needed immediate cover (rather than future potential) in key areas, and that he feels we're due to go on a winning streak and recover our form soon.

It's clear we needed an experienced full-back and als someone capable of creating or putting away chances. So, rather than getting new players in to mprove us or add competition for places, these 2 will plug the gaps we currently have. Good, honest move by MF so long as proper and recent scouting took place to watch them both in reserve games etc. These 2, with a fully fit Leadbitter and Wilmott will be like 4 new signings.

(Re: Next new player?
Mark Sykes, Irish international, recently signed by Oxford. Tough tackling yet creative midfielder can't currently get in their side, he's been made available for a loan. I've seen him play once and he's good, a bit raw as he's ...
by DeePeeNCAFC
august 27th, 2019, 9:59 pm)

Posted this in August, Oxford have bought/loaned 3 new midfielders today incl one from Feyernord. Probably puts Sykes down the pecking order even though he's got good game time and made an impact recently. Go get him MF please.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Without having seen either new signing play (apart from seeing BW on Quest football show), I see both signings as being recognition by MF that he needed immediate cover (rather than future potential) in key areas, and that he feels we're due to go on a winning streak and recover our form soon.

It's clear we needed an experienced full-back and als someone capable of creating or putting away chances. So, rather than getting new players in to mprove us or add competition for places, these 2 will plug the gaps we currently have. Good, honest move by MF so long as proper and recent scouting took place to watch them both in reserve games etc. These 2, with a fully fit Leadbitter and Wilmott will be like 4 new signings.

An excellent point, although I disagree about Leadbitter , I think he’s this years Andrew Crofts.

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:I’d prefer these two signings than 19 year old championship players tbh, we should also remember that Amond couldn’t get into a relegated Hartlepool side. Give him a chance
That's just not correct.
Which part ?
The part where you say Padraig couldn't get into a relegated Hartlepool side.
I repeat "that's just not correct"

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:I’d prefer these two signings than 19 year old championship players tbh, we should also remember that Amond couldn’t get into a relegated Hartlepool side. Give him a chance
That's just not correct.
Which part ?
He scored against us in the great escape year after coming on as a late sub. Hartlepool’s manager ( I think Dave Jones ) used him sparingly from then on, the following season he joined us in August.

Just read 42 comments on the Orient forum.
Virtually none stating he will be missed.
Injured when he signed for them and it seems was okay in National but not up to Division 2.
That's not me that's 42 comments from Orient fans
Time will tell of course.

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
That's just not correct.
Which part ?
He scored against us in the great escape year after coming on as a late sub. Hartlepool’s manager ( I think Dave Jones ) used him sparingly from then on, the following season he joined us in August.
Lets get some facts straight
Dave Jones was a total disaster at Pools.
Padraig wanted away and was left out of the side (denying he refused to play though).
We were negotiating a move for him months before he signed including a fee.

That's fact.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
That's just not correct.
Which part ?
Padraig wanted away and was left out of the side (denying he refused to play though).

That's fact.
So you’re agreeing he couldn’t get in their side?

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
That's just not correct.
Which part ?

That's fact.
So you’re agreeing he couldn’t get in their side?
Nope total different scenario.

How hard is that to understand?