Grandstand Scunthorpe

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Grandstand Scunthorpe

Postby pembsexile » January 11th, 2020, 10:09 pm

Football is a funny old game but you just never know............if we can win our two games in hand and string a few wins together we may, just may be able to get back in the mix. Probably too late now though.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » January 11th, 2020, 10:11 pm

Mrs Nouble just said to me.
"What's this EFL thing on the tape can I delete it"

NOOOOOOOOO.
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Postby Corpaboy » January 11th, 2020, 11:08 pm

pembsexile wrote:Football is a funny old game but you just never know............if we can win our two games in hand and string a few wins together we may, just may be able to get back in the mix. Probably too late now though.

We’ve got THREE games in hand over Swindon at the top ?

Just saying .....
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » January 11th, 2020, 11:13 pm

Corpaboy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Football is a funny old game but you just never know............if we can win our two games in hand and string a few wins together we may, just may be able to get back in the mix. Probably too late now though.

Just saying .....

Think they are 20 points ahead of us though and 19 goal better average.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » January 12th, 2020, 9:07 am

Corpaboy wrote:

Just saying .....

Yeh, they are way out in front. I was referring to ‘the mix’, i.e. the playoffs. Apart from FGR who have played 27, most of the other 8 teams above us vying for the play offs have played either 25/26 games. We have played 24. Two of the play off places may already be out of reach as Crewe and Plymouth have only played 25. It’s a long shot, but.........
no avatar
User

G Guest

Postby G Guest » January 12th, 2020, 10:10 am

If my adding up is correct, County are 5 points worse off than we were at this stage last season. With 33 points from 24 compared with 38 from 24 last season when we reached the play offs.
User

newgroundrodney

Postby newgroundrodney » January 12th, 2020, 11:59 am

Not sure whether I've missed it mentioned, but how many County fans made the trip to Scunthorpe?
no avatar
User

County19081967

Postby County19081967 » January 12th, 2020, 12:09 pm

I've been increasingly concerned over last couple of months with some of the abject performances and the slide down the table. Hopefully a corner has been turned and it was a relief to see the result yesterday. Loved watching the goals but what has really encouraged me was the response to the goals from the players. Much talk of losing dressing room etc but it didn't look like it to me as they celebrated the goals. Loved the passion.
no avatar
User

chepstowamber

Chepstow, Monmouthshire

Postby chepstowamber » January 12th, 2020, 12:37 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:Not sure whether I've missed it mentioned, but how many County fans made the trip to Scunthorpe?

It looked about. 75-100 of us.
Chris
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » January 12th, 2020, 1:57 pm

chepstowamber wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:Not sure whether I've missed it mentioned, but how many County fans made the trip to Scunthorpe?

It looked about. 75-100 of us.
Chris

Chris
Would be good if you or anybody there gets the chance, to let those not there how the game went.
Seen the goals and the Red card but that's all

Cheers
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » January 13th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Just watched a video on County chat of Padraigs goal and by a mile the most excited player and best reaction to the fans
was Tristan Abrahams.
Reminded me a bit of Jazzi and Syd giving it some wellie at end of the great escape.
no avatar
User

supporter

Postby supporter » January 13th, 2020, 10:40 pm

Abrahams reacted brilliantly and was geeing the fans up all second half.

Hopefully Saturday will prove to be a good gelling game because there's a lot of new players in the squad who haven't experienced the great escape /catch up feeling where the fans and players just feed off the positivity around the place.

I stopped off in Mansfield on the way home because I just didn't fancy the drive home when I decided to travel, but said to my daughter that I was buzzing that much that I could easily of driven straight home.

As I've said before John Relish (legend) once said to me it's a great club Andrew but you don't realise that if you're only passing through.
User

SJG99

The End of the Hedge

Postby SJG99 » January 17th, 2020, 12:36 am

If this match proved nothing else, it was that this division is all about effort. None first half and could have been 3 down, worked their guts out second half and Scunthorpe barely got a touch as we blitzed their goal repeatedly. If we could get back to doing that for the whole game we'll be up there again soon enough.
Previous