Grandstand Scunthorpe

Flynny states in the Argus that Dom Jefferies is out tomorrow with a tooth abcess.
So also unable to sign anybody yet no recognised full back available tomorrow.
Thought his comments about Dom were at best begrudgingly okay despite having a couple of good games for us.
Robbie still not fit
Leadbitter another 3 weeks.
Sounds very frustrated about Azeez as another 3 weeks despite physio telling him would be fit by now.
Not much said about the Whiteley move but reading between the lines he wont be back.
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on January 11th, 2020, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Scunthorpe

The Whitely situation is very odd. He’s played a fair amount and has been ok to good, even if he hasn’t set the world alight, still worth having around. Any chance there’s been a fallout? Flynn said a few things today about needing to have players with the right attitude to fit the club, regardless of their ability

We could have signed a fit RB in the summer rather than a crocked one.This problem would have been avoided,it is what it is so how to manage the problem tomorrow.Benno played RB at Millwall but is too slow,as is all the CB options of OB,Inniss or Howkins.The least bad solution is Haynes at RB,he did play an away game there earlier on.He did keep turning infield onto his left but,he turns in onto his right most weeks,that is his style.Please leave Nurse at LB,and don't have him defending near post on corners from the right.

Percy plunkett wrote:We could have signed a fit RB in the summer rather than a crocked one.This problem would have been avoided,it is what it is so how to manage the problem tomorrow.Benno played RB at Millwall but is too slow,as is all the CB options of OB,Inniss or Howkins.The least bad solution is Haynes at RB,he did play an away game there earlier on.He did keep turning infield onto his left but,he turns in onto his right most weeks,that is his style.Please leave Nurse at LB,and don't have him defending near post on corners from the right.
If fit what about Mickey.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:We could have signed a fit RB in the summer rather than a crocked one.This problem would have been avoided,it is what it is so how to manage the problem tomorrow.Benno played RB at Millwall but is too slow,as is all the CB options of OB,Inniss or Howkins.The least bad solution is Haynes at RB,he did play an away game there earlier on.He did keep turning infield onto his left but,he turns in onto his right most weeks,that is his style.Please leave Nurse at LB,and don't have him defending near post on corners from the right.
If fit what about Mickey.
He is LB or CB,probably better to leave him on the left but,he is faster than the others so could be option two.

Feeling optimistic about tomorrow's game, going for a 2-1 County win, goals from Mickey and Crystal.

My guess is that Whiteley is London based so a loan at Bromley suits him. They're doing well but, a bit like us, collecting strikers so I hope he gets some game time. Also hope that either WH or LL are out watching a full-back tomorrow

So let’s spend some more money to freshen up a team in poor form I get that.
Underwhelmed by signings that are surplus to other L2 club requirements but let’s not pre judge.
Scunthorpe team we are struggling to score new forward can’t even make bench and other singing just pads out a large bench.
I am starting to lose faith!!

County have failed to win any of their latest ten league matches. Their most recent league victory was against todays opponents at Rodney Parade.
The clubs have met three times since County's return to the Football League.

2013 / 2014.
Scunthorpe Utd 1-1 Newport County.
Trailing 1-0 at the break, Andrew Hughes scored his first goal in three years for County.

Newport County 2-2 Scunthorpe Utd.
Leading 1-0 at the break from a Lee Minshull header, the Irons leveled around fifteen minutes after the break and they appeared to have taken three points after David Syer's shot into the net with around eight minutes remaining. Chris Zebroski earned County a point shooting into the net in injury time.

Newport County 2-1 Scunthorpe Utd.
First half injury time goal from Amond and early second half goal from Sheehan scraped this victory against the Irons who were in the bottom four at the time.

Managers:
Newport County: Mike Flynn.
Scunthorpe Utd: Paul Hurst.

Head to head:
Mike Flynn 1
Paul Hurst 0
Last edited by reebok0165 on January 11th, 2020, 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Good Afternoon

I assume this is now the Grandstand thread, the keys seem to be passed around all over the place these days, no one takes responsibility for providing the biscuits, or plumping the cushions, i blame the youngsters!

After falling one goal short midweek, i expect a better showing and a comfortable 4-0 win for County

Phil in Northampton