Re: How bad does it have to get ?

Morganrum wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Let’s get things into perspective . Below is our league record since our last win ( v Scunthorpe ) in October until our win today. Let it sink in.
D L L L L D L L D D
Now nobody is more delighted than I am that we won today and that this awful sequence may hopefully be coming to its end. But what is totally ridiculous is to suggest that the record be not questioned. If we had not won today ( as at the time seemed a reasonable assumption ) then it would have looked even more abysmal.
I’m not saying that sacking managers is always the wisest or the most correct course of action but for certain individuals to be castigated for mentioning that the manager may have to answer for this dreadful sequence is ludicrous in the extreme.
There isn’t a manager in the country who would have felt secure with that record in my opinion. Most managers I venture to suggest have been sacked for better ones. I would have thought that Mr Flynn has remained in post because of past miracles and maybe rightfully so but please let’s have a sensible conversation about it without victimisation.

People forget that Mike Flynn is still a young manager , and will make mistakes. I think the mistakes he’s made were some of his summer signings. This transfer window has already shown that he’s learned from that, Waters and Gorman are established league 2 players and reading their previous clubs forums there’s very little negativity towards them which is positive.

I’d like to add that after watching the scenes at the final whistle only a complete fool would suggest he’s lost the dressing room.
I think you’re absolutely correct about that. As I said elsewhere, you just can’t stand still and while it seemed like we’d replaced the players we’d lost, which we may in fact have done, we failed to make the side stronger - and vitally we didn’t in midfield. A mitigation is that we’ve had several injuries, though all teams have them. It is to be hoped that future signings are better. I wasn’t at the game but if the scenes of delight at the end indicate anything apart from relief then it must be that as you say, all is well in the camp. I certainly hope so and that we can continue with this improvement of fortunes.

Charlieboy wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:One word , Neil ......... PATHETIC !

Things ain’t great . We’re a League 2 side with a non-League side’s budget . We’re half way up League 2 , with 3 games in hand over a lot of others above us .

You gave everything up at half time today ?

Imagine if Flynny had the same thoughts at “half time” last season , or even during The Great Escape ???

We’d be FUCKED with your attitude !!
Give it a rest will you .
Rarely has there been a more accurate post!!!
I’ve got more if you want ??? :lol:

Things ain’t great . We’re a League 2 side with a non-League side’s budget . We’re half way up League 2 , with 3 games in hand over a lot of others above us .

Imagine if Flynny had the same thoughts at “half time” last season , or even during The Great Escape ???

Average home crowd 4,000+ FA Cup income over last three seasons at least £2,000,000.

Non League budget? :?:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Average home crowd 4,000+ FA Cup income over last three seasons at least £2,000,000.

We’re doing well aren’t we

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Where's it all gone then?
Non league budget with over a million in the bank!

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I’d assume they’ve kept some back for a rainy day, I’d be most disappointed if they’ve spunked it all on this years budget. Perhaps you can ask on the 30th

Morganrum wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I’d assume they’ve kept some back for a rainy day, I’d be most disappointed if they’ve spunked it all on this years budget. Perhaps you can ask on the 30th
Done my bit, sure Shaun will tell those that turn up the financial situation or maybe he wont a its not a trust only meeting.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

And you know what the cost of running a League 2 side is , Brendan ?? £2mill is a drop in the ocean .

Flynny and The Board have said that the FA Cup money was a god send .
Doesn’t mean that it all has to be spent on players , hence my “Non-League budget” statement . I’d rather be us than Bury or Macclesfield or Southend at the moment , eh ?

Why don’t you just go and snuggle up to Corky in your “doom n gloom” bed .
I’m sure he needs the company ......

So for those defending Corkys pathetic thread and using the same thought process I didn't see any posts saying that after 80 minutes against Cheltenham we'd turned the corner.

Football lasts 9o minutes to start a thread with nearly all the second half to go from someone, who supposedly wants us to do well is bizarre.

I've said it before you wouldn't want him in the trenches with you when the going gets tough.

Brilliant reaction from Flynn and the team at the final whistle. To suggest the manager and players don't care as mentioned by many previously is complete nonsense.

neilcork68 wrote: Losing , no shots on target playing poorly etc...
I know he's just seeking attention and I shouldn't rise to it, but let's not forget after Maldon Neil was saying we had one on target in the first half. The HT graphics said six and I could remember four.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

First of , just because someone who hasn't got a clue says £2m , it doesn't make it the 'truth' - last time I looked at a bonus in my wage slip I didn't think ' that is how much I got to spend'. In other words all those extra cup games come with associated costs as well. Further if my annual household expenditure exceeds my annual income then that 'bonus' goes in some measure to redress the balance.

Now you say you are a man of mature years, now you just need your brain to catch up (and quickly). Grow up and stop talking like a 12 year old (sorry 12 year old's) - you continue to make a knob of yourself by shooting your mouth off without thinking.

Fourthousand wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

First of , just because someone who hasn't got a clue says £2m , it doesn't make it the 'truth' - last time I looked at a bonus in my wage slip I didn't think ' that is how much I got to spend'. In other words all those extra cup games come with associated costs as well. Further if my annual household expenditure exceeds my annual income then that 'bonus' goes in some measure to redress the balance.

Now you say you are a man of mature years, now you just need your brain to catch up (and quickly). Grow up and stop talking like a 12 year old (sorry 12 year old's) - you continue to make a knob of yourself by shooting your mouth off without thinking.
Bit lost here

Is this addressed to myself, Corpaboy or Stan?
Now I think Stan did mention yesterday that one thing about you albeit he couldn't agree with you was that you were not into insulting posts.
For such a pedantic character so up your own backside you have just broken your run.
Sad

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Bit lost here

Now I think Stan did mention yesterday that one thing about you albeit he couldn't agree with you was that you were not into insulting posts.
For such a pedantic character so up your own backside you have just broken your run.
Sad

You are all over the forum but you never think, mainly sniping at the club based on misinformed info - Stan tees you up and off you go yapping like a puppy.

If you are so 'into' this club like you say you are then you should at least get some facts into your head. I can remember that the club declared a loss in 2016/2017 of some £(350)k and in our Spurs season 2017/18 a profit of £85k. Last season's accounts are not out yet but you take an accusary tone ' where has it all gone?'. You haven't got a clue. Corky shit stirs about the team and manager (trying to get a man sacked), you shit stir wherever your brain and mouth takes you at the time and Stan is just an agent provocateur from afar - he (Stan) knows that if he throws blokes like you a bone, that you will do his work for him...or looked at another way he's setting you up to look stupid and you sound very much like his lacky.

Fourthousand wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Bit lost here

Sad

You are all over the forum but you never think, mainly sniping at the club based on misinformed info - Stan tees you up and off you go yapping like a puppy.

If you are so 'into' this club like you say you are then you should at least get some facts into your head. I can remember that the club declared a loss in 2016/2017 of some £(350)k and in our Spurs season 2017/18 a profit of £85k. Last season's accounts are not out yet but you take an accusary tone ' where has it all gone?'. You haven't got a clue. Corky shit stirs about the team and manager (trying to get a man sacked), you shit stir wherever your brain and mouth takes you at the time and Stan is just an agent provocateur from afar - he (Stan) knows that if he throws blokes like you a bone, that you will do his work for him...or looked at another way he's setting you up to look stupid and you sound very much like his lacky.
Yes I know those figures. actually I was there as usual attending meetings and if possible asking questions.
The audience were aghast when Shaun stated we only made £85k the Spurs season so I stood up and asked him straight.
Again the floor were amazed in his reply that "we were disappointed at the Wembley attendance and therefore did not make a large profit which I still do not understand until today.
Doubt anybody else does either.
Regarding Corky he is entitled to his views 90% I disagree with and he shot himself in the foot yesterday big style but one thing he got correct and its a fact until yesterday we were playing poorly and not getting points.
Regarding Stan I have met the chap. He has an opinion guess what I have mine.
"blokes like you" what a pompous phrase.
This is a forum and opposite views can be expressed without pedantic characters like you trying to censor anything you do not agree with.
For the second time this morning
Sad.