Re: Point of Information

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Hopefully it is to remove the disgusting comment relating to the Iranian plane crash when 176 People perished.
Great laugh that was whoareya. :roll:
Maybe better to remove the thread altogether. The second locked thread was really going over the same ground as the original one.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Hopefully it is to remove the disgusting comment relating to the Iranian plane crash when 176 People perished.
Maybe better to remove the thread altogether. The second locked thread was really going over the same ground as the original one.
Yes, but if we do that we are heading down the road of censorship. I suspect that not many of us want that. As many, many others have said in the past, as well as factual information about the County etc, the board is about opinions. Long may it be so.

The problem arises when people see a post/comment that they disagree with on an emotional level. Then they respond with a comment of their own, it soon becomes inflammatory and often descends into insults. That is when we have the problem. A lot of us (including me) have been there.

For what it is worth, I have my own opinions on the MF issue but wouldn’t have posted them as strongly as some others have.

One man's 'moderation' is another man's censorship. I think we have to accept that it will happen, indeed, needs to happen from time to time. Better that than an open house to trade insults, which I'm afraid is the way it's been going of late. Perhaps a few people posting less often might help, but I can't see that happening.

No you shouldn't block threads for no apparent reason. I've only just noticed the second blocked thread by Corky who now has basically reduced the game to roughly 50 minutes and rewriting VAR.

Let's imagine the Corky scenario :

" It's 1-0 and the games been referred to VAR, the reason being the away team haven't won for a while....

BIG SCREEN-DECISION PENDING.

Crowd holds breath.

... Home win CORKY LOGIC applied."

Genius, visionary are just a few of the accolades that are pouring into uefa, fifa etc.

Yes, his opening line (on the second thread) was that the first locked thread was a sensible debate. Personally, calling out the manager and suggesting 'losing the dressing' room (whatever that means) at half time in a game is plain daft. Revisiting it 24 hours later doesn't make it any more sensible.

I don't need to justify the analogies I use, let alone to a binary simpleton like you.

Take a look back through the mass of froth you have posted in a mere 15 months if you want to gauge ill-judged content.

whoareya wrote:
I don't need to justify the analogies I use, let alone to a binary simpleton like you.

Take a look back through the mass of froth you have posted in a mere 15 months if you want to gauge ill-judged content.
Pathetic.
You seriously think that comment is acceptable.

excessbee wrote:Yes, his opening line (on the second thread) was that the first locked thread was a sensible debate. Personally, calling out the manager and suggesting 'losing the dressing' room (whatever that means) at half time in a game is plain daft. Revisiting it 24 hours later doesn't make it any more sensible.
It's the equivalent of click-bait and I fall for it far too often, as well as rising too often to the click-bait from the Einstein and Frank characters.

I agree with your other comment about posting less and thats definitely something I'll be doing, just hope others who also bite too often do the same.

Attention seekers are like fires: deny them oxygen and they'll burn themselves out......

Maybe many of these threads generate more heat than light because they’re taken personally for some reason. I don’t see any members of this board as enemies though I certainly see many as friends. After all we all support the County and each of us have our mood affected by results to a greater or lesser extent. Some react by geeing themselves up, others like me moan. It’d help if posters just stuck to the points in the argument to be addressed. There’s a human being behind every username with feelings as well as points of view. The fewer of us that take our @rse in our hands and leave the board the better. We’ve already lost many good posters who feel disinclined to post because of the animosity. We need to cool the anger and address the facts.

whoareya wrote:
excessbee wrote:Yes, his opening line (on the second thread) was that the first locked thread was a sensible debate. Personally, calling out the manager and suggesting 'losing the dressing' room (whatever that means) at half time in a game is plain daft. Revisiting it 24 hours later doesn't make it any more sensible.
It's the equivalent of click-bait and I fall for it far too often, as well as rising too often to the click-bait from the Einstein and Frank characters.

I agree with your other comment about posting less and thats definitely something I'll be doing, just hope others who also bite too often do the same.

Attention seekers are like fires: deny them oxygen and they'll burn themselves out......
Funny thing I would class you as one of those attention seekers who can only resort to insults if you don't get your way.
Unfortunately the insults are always pretty crude.