Re: Finances

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote: We need more people who can afford to do it to join rather than make excuses not to.
We know County's average home gate is about 4,000. We know that because of work, finances, family commitments most supporters can't attend every game. My view is that there are about 5,000 to 6,000 thousand people who would regard themselves as County supporters. Let's use the lower figure.

5,000 County supporters. 1,000 Trust members.

20% of County supporters are Trust members. Which means 80% are not. Rather than be critical of the 80% would it not be sensible to ask them/us why they/we are not members?
My comment was aimed at an individual who will do anything to help other than actually help. They will have read it and recognised themselves and we'll likely laugh about it next time we meet up. They'll repeat all their usual petty excuses and I'll finish with you either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.Then we'll have another pint before the match.

Seems I inadvertently hit a nerve. :wink:
No Paul you didn't hit a nerve, but more importantly it doesn't alter the FAC that 80% of the supporters are not members of the trust. My concern would be to find out why not and to address that.
Crack on old chap. Have you given much thought with how you will find this out?

Whatever format of survey or whatever it is you decide to do, I'll do my very best to make sure my mate contributes his views to it. In fact if you decide to also investigate into why people contribute at a certain level when higher levels are available, I will contribute my own views on that subject.

When can we expect to see some results from you?
That's the point. If those with charge of our club asked then it might do some good. I fear that without that you and your mate will be wasting your time.

But good luck.
Those in charge of the club did a survey at the end of the 2017/18 season which asked supporters for their views on Trust donation levels and potential ownership models.
Good evening was it that long ago.
Time flies (scary)
Were then any results published or was it kept in house?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote: We need more people who can afford to do it to join rather than make excuses not to.
We know County's average home gate is about 4,000. We know that because of work, finances, family commitments most supporters can't attend every game. My view is that there are about 5,000 to 6,000 thousand people who would regard themselves as County supporters. Let's use the lower figure.

20% of County supporters are Trust members. Which means 80% are not. Rather than be critical of the 80% would it not be sensible to ask them/us why they/we are not members?
My comment was aimed at an individual who will do anything to help other than actually help. They will have read it and recognised themselves and we'll likely laugh about it next time we meet up. They'll repeat all their usual petty excuses and I'll finish with you either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.Then we'll have another pint before the match.

No Paul you didn't hit a nerve, but more importantly it doesn't alter the FAC that 80% of the supporters are not members of the trust. My concern would be to find out why not and to address that.

Whatever format of survey or whatever it is you decide to do, I'll do my very best to make sure my mate contributes his views to it. In fact if you decide to also investigate into why people contribute at a certain level when higher levels are available, I will contribute my own views on that subject.

That's the point. If those with charge of our club asked then it might do some good. I fear that without that you and your mate will be wasting your time.

But good luck.
Those in charge of the club did a survey at the end of the 2017/18 season which asked supporters for their views on Trust donation levels and potential ownership models.
Let me help you. A month ago Labour badly lost a general election.

Now if Labour wish to win the next election do you think that they should....

a) Ask the people who voted Labour in December 2019 what they should do or,

b) Ask the people who didn't vote Labour in the election what they need to do?
They should do both, just as the club did.

The survey was open to all, i.e. those that were already members and those who were not.

How did you answer the survey?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

But good luck.
And then proceeded to largely ignore the ownership result by placing a ridiculous valuation of £5m on the Club.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

But good luck.
And then proceeded to largely ignore the ownership result by placing a ridiculous valuation of £5m on the Club.
Yes, it seems the trust membership part is the only one that led to changes in an effort to raise more money for the running of the club.
Perhaps they didn't get the answers they were looking for elsewhere?

Amberexile wrote:
Yes, it seems the trust membership part is the only one that led to changes in an effort to raise more money for the running of the club.
It is only my opinion but for me that's the problem.

If you have a fans owned football club, and if you want those fans to make a financial commitment, whilst some fans might b e willing to fork out their hard earned when every sentence regarding how the club is run has to begin with perhaps, a sizeable proportion won't.

Only my opinion again that sizeable proportion is 80%.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

If you have a fans owned football club, and if you want those fans to make a financial commitment, whilst some fans might b e willing to fork out their hard earned when every sentence regarding how the club is run has to begin with perhaps, a sizeable proportion won't.

You are right, it is only your opinion.
However, we are getting off the real point.
That point being that the club set themselves a target for revenue raised by the scheme, they surveyed supporters, both members and non-members on how to best achieve this. They took the results from the survey and have reached the target they set themselves. All in all I would say they met their objectives.
I'm not sure doing this again would produce a similar yield.

Amber.
Appreciate this is a private conversation between you and Stan again, but you never came back to me on "were the results of the poll made public"
Secondly what was the target that you say they have now reached.
Interested
Regards

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

You are right, it is only your opinion.
However, we are getting off the real point.
That point being that the club set themselves a target for revenue raised by the scheme, they surveyed supporters, both members and non-members on how to best achieve this. They took the results from the survey and have reached the target they set themselves. All in all I would say they met their objectives.
I'm not sure doing this again would produce a similar yield.
My point is this, 80% of County supporters are not members of the trust. Now you can take views on this. Firstly that the 20% is the best that can be achieved. Secondly that those supporters who are not paying in are to blame. Or thirdly the club need to engage with the 80%.

Now I am not suggesting my point is the only one, or the only valid one. What I am saying is that in my view the club fail to engage with the supporters and as a consequence miss out.

Seriously, have you noticed how often your response to anything I write is either to not answer by ignoring, or by saying it is irrelevant or not really the point.

I don't think that our club engage with the supporters adequately. Having three monthly meetings is a start in the right direction. But to be effective the club need to engage with the critics not those who think everything is fine.

And that's my view.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Amber.
Appreciate this is a private conversation between you and Stan again, but you never came back to me on "were the results of the poll made public"
Interested
Regards
Frank, I really should ignore Stan's nonsense but when I do he gets upset. I didn't notice your question about the results of the poll. They were presented at the open meeting in September 2018. The target that has now been reached was £100,000.

Amberexile wrote:
Interested
Regards
Frank, I really should ignore Stan's nonsense but when I do he gets upset. I didn't notice your question about the results of the poll. They were presented at the open meeting in September 2018. The target that has now been reached was £100,000.
Much appreciated.
The one I missed for a well hopefully earned holiday

Cheers

Amberexile wrote:
Interested
Regards
I don't get upset.

Just frustrated. If you can raise £100,000 from 1,000 committed supporters how much could you raise from 2,000 committed supporters?

All you can do is insult me. Those who read this board can decide who they think is right and who is wrong.