Re: Finances

newgroundrodney wrote:How much does it cost per year to run NCAFC, before a single penny in income is received?....
Our total administrative expenses in the year to 30th June 2018 were £3,223,337, the year before it was £2,693,159. Not strictly an answer to your question but the best figures I know that have been published.

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:How much does it cost per year to run NCAFC, before a single penny in income is received?....
Our total administrative expenses in the year to 30th June 2018 were £3,223,337, the year before it was £2,693,159. Not strictly an answer to your question but the best figures I know that have been published.
Which is why cup runs ( much as they are almost vital to small clubs like us to have a bit of breathing space ) will not solve our problems long term. Now that memberships have been updated, how much doTrust members provide annually?

lowandhard wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Which is why cup runs ( much as they are almost vital to small clubs like us to have a bit of breathing space ) will not solve our problems long term. Now that memberships have been updated, how much doTrust members provide annually?
The last published figure was September when 984 members were raising £103k, Membership in October was 1003. We need more people who can afford to do it to join rather than make excuses not to.

Amberexile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
The last published figure was September when 984 members were raising £103k, Membership in October was 1003. We need more people who can afford to do it to join rather than make excuses not to.
Yep, plenty of them about.

NCAFC Your Club Your Responsibility

Amberexile wrote: We need more people who can afford to do it to join rather than make excuses not to.
We know County's average home gate is about 4,000. We know that because of work, finances, family commitments most supporters can't attend every game. My view is that there are about 5,000 to 6,000 thousand people who would regard themselves as County supporters. Let's use the lower figure.

5,000 County supporters. 1,000 Trust members.

20% of County supporters are Trust members. Which means 80% are not. Rather than be critical of the 80% would it not be sensible to ask them/us why they/we are not members?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote: We need more people who can afford to do it to join rather than make excuses not to.
We know County's average home gate is about 4,000. We know that because of work, finances, family commitments most supporters can't attend every game. My view is that there are about 5,000 to 6,000 thousand people who would regard themselves as County supporters. Let's use the lower figure.

20% of County supporters are Trust members. Which means 80% are not. Rather than be critical of the 80% would it not be sensible to ask them/us why they/we are not members?
I agree . I happen to be a member though can not afford to be committing a significant amount. It behoves us to at least put out a questionnaire to non-members to complete ( physical and online ) asking them various questions relating to joining the Trust and the circumstances under which they would/would not join. I suspect transparency might be one issue brought up but you don’t know until you ask. As a club I would “ box a bit clever “ with the timing of such a launch as well as accompanying the form with a membership application form.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

My comment was aimed at an individual who will do anything to help other than actually help. They will have read it and recognised themselves and we'll likely laugh about it next time we meet up. They'll repeat all their usual petty excuses and I'll finish with you either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.Then we'll have another pint before the match.

Seems I inadvertently hit a nerve. :wink:

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

My comment was aimed at an individual who will do anything to help other than actually help. They will have read it and recognised themselves and we'll likely laugh about it next time we meet up. They'll repeat all their usual petty excuses and I'll finish with you either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.Then we'll have another pint before the match.

No Paul you didn't hit a nerve, but more importantly it doesn't alter the FAC that 80% of the supporters are not members of the trust. My concern would be to find out why not and to address that.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

No Paul you didn't hit a nerve, but more importantly it doesn't alter the FAC that 80% of the supporters are not members of the trust. My concern would be to find out why not and to address that.
Crack on old chap. Have you given much thought with how you will find this out?

Whatever format of survey or whatever it is you decide to do, I'll do my very best to make sure my mate contributes his views to it. In fact if you decide to also investigate into why people contribute at a certain level when higher levels are available, I will contribute my own views on that subject.

When can we expect to see some results from you?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Whatever format of survey or whatever it is you decide to do, I'll do my very best to make sure my mate contributes his views to it. In fact if you decide to also investigate into why people contribute at a certain level when higher levels are available, I will contribute my own views on that subject.

That's the point. If those with charge of our club asked then it might do some good. I fear that without that you and your mate will be wasting your time.

But good luck.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

That's the point. If those with charge of our club asked then it might do some good. I fear that without that you and your mate will be wasting your time.

But good luck.
Those in charge of the club did a survey at the end of the 2017/18 season which asked supporters for their views on Trust donation levels and potential ownership models.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

But good luck.
Those in charge of the club did a survey at the end of the 2017/18 season which asked supporters for their views on Trust donation levels and potential ownership models.
Let me help you. A month ago Labour badly lost a general election.

Now if Labour wish to win the next election do you think that they should....

a) Ask the people who voted Labour in December 2019 what they should do or,

b) Ask the people who didn't vote Labour in the election what they need to do?

lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I agree . I happen to be a member though can not afford to be committing a significant amount. It behoves us to at least put out a questionnaire to non-members to complete ( physical and online ) asking them various questions relating to joining the Trust and the circumstances under which they would/would not join. I suspect transparency might be one issue brought up but you don’t know until you ask. As a club I would “ box a bit clever “ with the timing of such a launch as well as accompanying the form with a membership application form.

How much transparency would satisfy people is perhaps the question. For instance, publishing players salaries would be ridiculous as it would make negotiating with new ones much more difficult, probably costing us more long term. .

To disclose how much money we have in the bank would also be naive. Agents , clubs and players would subsequently inflate their prices accordingly. It was interesting listening to Sam Allardyce on talk sport this morning highlighting the difficulties he had at Everton, everyone knew they had money, it’d be no different in league 2.