Re: Grandstand - Swindon at a muddy Rodney Parade

excessbee wrote:Percy, while you're at it, can you please write a script for Ritchie Wellens' post match comments. :wink:
It's a horrible place to come,awful pitch.We knew what to expect,long balls,set plays,their 4 should have had six yellows at least.Nasty partisan crowd who influenced the refs decisions,never a penalty for the first goal.They closed us down and stopped us playing our normal game and to cap it all,the winner going in off the refs arse.I hope I never see this place again.

Percy plunkett wrote:
excessbee wrote:Percy, while you're at it, can you please write a script for Ritchie Wellens' post match comments. :wink:
It's a horrible place to come,awful pitch.We knew what to expect,long balls,set plays,their 4 should have had six yellows at least.Nasty partisan crowd who influenced the refs decisions,never a penalty for the first goal.They closed us down and stopped us playing our normal game and to cap it all,the winner going in off the refs arse.I hope I never see this place again.
Flynny getting his excuses in early :grin:

Percy plunkett wrote:
Great predictive journalism there Percy, except for a couple of small points. Richie Wellard (yes, the EastEnders dog posing as the Swinetown manager) would never refer to Newport being an horrible place to come, it's like Paradise compared to his little town. Our "nasty partisan crowd" are, at least not all related to each other like their lot are. We may shout and sing a lot but their fans will drown us out through their clapping (having 6 fingers on each hand makes an audible difference).

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:I don't know about a muddy Rodney Parade but looking at the pictures on S4C it looks like a sandy Rodney Parade, or sawdust, I'm not sure which.
Yes, from TV only but it did look more like sawdust. Maybe that can be hoovered up in a way sand can't? How have the goalmouths got in that state? Us or the rugby?
Await with interest to see how the pitch looks this afternoon. Certainly from the TV pictures it looked like a very fine powdery absorbent layer of something had been applied to the more grass bare patches. Clearly the pitch was covered overnight because of frost, and hopeful some of the material is dry enough to be hoovered (other vacuuming appliances are available) blown or brushed off. At least the game itself didn't appear to degrade the pitch dramatically.