Swindon fans

See in the argus and wales online an article in regard to swindon fans. Personally I don't understand some people issue most of the trouble happend between themselves in the away end but in the city all they were doing was chanting and throwing toilet roll which is better than bottles.

Personally i enjoyed the atmosphere around town before the game only useally experience this when big teams come here in the cup or Portsmouth and Plymouth.

Re: Swindon fans

I think the issue most have with things like this is always the mess that's left behind. But that's not a football problem, it happens all the time.

But in fairness, I don't think they have toilet roll in Swindon yet. Probably had no idea what it was.

Ncfc1995 wrote:From my understanding the staff at Windsor Castle cleaned up the mess so don't see the issue that some had.
Yes, I was walking past the Windsor Castle just before 2.30, on my way to the match. Two women, presumably employees from the pub, were sweeping up the mess with six of Gwent Constabulary's finest stood watching them with their hands in their pockets!

Not heard of any arrests so not so bad. Fans seem to be pretty well marshalled by the plod these days. I do think its a good idea seeing gwent police at away games, helps build some trust and abit of bonding, and if its a quiet day the coppers end up watching the game too. Not sure other lge 2 sides send their own police force to away games ?

Coxy wrote:Not heard of any arrests so not so bad. Fans seem to be pretty well marshalled by the plod these days. I do think its a good idea seeing gwent police at away games, helps build some trust and abit of bonding, and if its a quiet day the coppers end up watching the game too. Not sure other lge 2 sides send their own police force to away games ?
More Wiltshire Police there yesterday than Gwent ! Spoke to few and all said Swindon fans were just “a pain” .

Don’t quite get the “we do what we want” chant , and all they then do is lob a load of toilet rolls about ???
I think the “trouble” in the away end was when a few wanted to leave and they weren’t allowed ?

thefail wrote:They're the best behaved "mob" I've ever heard of. Paying for toilet roll to throw about? Bunch of little mugs.

If rugby supporters did that in Bath it would be regarded as high spirits.

Both sides are wrong. Behaviour like that is not thuggish but neither is it acceptable. It is anti-social and boorish.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
thefail wrote:They're the best behaved "mob" I've ever heard of. Paying for toilet roll to throw about? Bunch of little mugs.

If rugby supporters did that in Bath it would be regarded as high spirits.

Both sides are wrong. Behaviour like that is not thuggish but neither is it acceptable. It is anti-social and boorish.
You didn't see the Swindon supporters on Saturday nor did you name a Bath rugby fan so that he/she could respond to your point- a rather boorish comment from afar.

Well from this thread it would appear there's a feeling of abject disappointment that the Swindon fans behaved themselves
Maybe Leicester following will beat up a few little old ladies,trash the Railway station and loot a few shops to keep us all happy :cheers:

gazza wrote:-
A colleague and Swindon fan was embarrassed by ‘hooligan’ element around him on Saturday. No idea why there seemed to be fighting amongst themselves. Bit silly.
Regarding the disturbance in the away end during the first half I have just been watching the full match replay on I-Follow and it can be seen on there at 11.56 onwards. It's rather odd as someone is walking across the away end pitch-side and appears to stop and head butt, or attempt to head butt a Swindon supporter standing the other side of the fence. This leads to the subsequent disturbance. Don't know what lead to it or who he is but the stewards were showing more interest in the Swindon supporters in the stand than him.

Coxy wrote:Not heard of any arrests so not so bad. Fans seem to be pretty well marshalled by the plod these days. I do think its a good idea seeing gwent police at away games, helps build some trust and abit of bonding, and if its a quiet day the coppers end up watching the game too. Not sure other lge 2 sides send their own police force to away games ?
A spokesman for Gwent Police said the force had a well-planned policing operation for the game.

He said they had not received any reports of any serious issues.

I have family in Brittany and when I visit I will try and go to watch the local team Guingamp. They are league 2 at moment but have been in league 1 until last season.

My first ever game was a local(ish) derby on a Sunday evening against Rennes and must have been about 15 years or so ago. As we were trundling in toilet rolls were being handed out. Strange I thought, I hadn't seen toilet rolls thrown for years. Once inside, the supporters started unrolling and draping them from the spikes on the cage at the front. When the teams came out, they were lit from the bottom. It looked quite effect but only the French eh! I kid you not!

Just as an aside, not long after that the Guingamp forward line consisted of Malouda and Drogba….not too dusty.