Undersoil Heating Required

As the club is in the football league, it needs to get undersoil heating put in so games don’t get postponed due to a frozen pitch etc during the winter months, I hope the next home game against Macclesfield next Tuesday will go ahead and not be postponed which would equal two home games in a row postponed which would be a tragedy.

Re: Undersoil Heating Required

Somerset wrote:As the club is in the football league, it needs to get undersoil heating put in so games don’t get postponed due to a frozen pitch etc during the winter months, I hope the next home game against Macclesfield next Tuesday will go ahead and not be postponed which would equal two home games in a row postponed which would be a tragedy.

Here he is :lol:

It's a Disgrace Big Time :wink:

The Australian bushfires are a tragedy. Kids dying of cancer is a tragedy. A fourth division club having to postpone a game in a second-rate cup competition against a B team because of a frozen pitch is not a tragedy. Get a sense of perspective, mun.

As for buying undersoil heating for a pitch we don’t own, unless you can suggest how we’d pay for it and account for why it would be the best use of scarce resources, I’d suggest you’re talking out of your hat.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:The Australian bushfires are a tragedy. Kids dying of cancer is a tragedy. A fourth division club having to postpone a game in a second-rate cup competition against a B team because of a frozen pitch is not a tragedy. Get a sense of perspective, mun.

As for buying undersoil heating for a pitch we don’t own, unless you can suggest how we’d pay for it and account for why it would be the best use of scarce resources, I’d suggest you’re talking out of your hat.
I agree with your sentiment. However a tragedy requires an act of, destruction, usually self destruction. The outcome of hubris if you will. The word he should have used, albeit mistakenly, was tragic.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:The Australian bushfires are a tragedy. Kids dying of cancer is a tragedy. A fourth division club having to postpone a game in a second-rate cup competition against a B team because of a frozen pitch is not a tragedy. Get a sense of perspective, mun.

What I said was that if the club had two home games in a row postponed would be a tragedy as I hate seeing two home games in a row postponed because it puts the team very behind in games.

Somerset wrote:

What I said was that if the club had two home games in a row postponed would be a tragedy as I hate seeing two home games in a row postponed because it puts the team very behind in games.
Oh, fair enough, that completely changes things. Yes, the beleaguered people of Yemen and the victims of the New Zealand volcano don’t realise how lucky they are. They may have their problems, but at least they’ve not had to risk falling a couple of games behind their fixture schedule. A tragedy indeed.

Ignoring the hyperbole for a second, how are you suggesting we pay for this under-soil heating? How would it work vis-a-vis our tenancy arrangement with the WRU? As it would necessitate digging up the pitch, how would we compensate the WRU for the damage and inconvenience? What happens if we pay for its installation and then the next day they serve us notice? How is it a better use of club money than either investing in the playing squad or developing a plan for when our existing tenancy expires? Genuinely interested in your answers.

I’m not even going to respond on this thread ???

Ooooooops ..... I just did !!!! :lol: :drunken:

What we need is big , **** off electric blanket to drape over the mud (errrr , grass !) on the pitch
That would keep it all toasty warm for us to be able to play .

FFS !!! I’ve heard it all now ! We never know from one game to the next whether the burger stall on the Hazell Terrace is going to be open or not ??
Now some bright spark wants undersoil heating installed on a pitch/ground we don’t own ???

Priceless

Corpaboy wrote:I’m not even going to respond on this thread ???

Ooooooops ..... I just did !!!! :lol: :drunken:

What we need is big , **** off electric blanket to drape over the mud (errrr , grass !) on the pitch
That would keep it all toasty warm for us to be able to play .

FFS !!! I’ve heard it all now ! We never know from one game to the next whether the burger stall on the Hazell Terrace is going to be open or not ??
Now some bright spark wants undersoil heating installed on a pitch/ground we don’t own ???

Priceless
:lol: You have to laugh eh? Only at the County! :lol: