Re: Ledley

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Tbh I’ve no actual idea as to how FFP works, but I did hear a small rumour we were right at the top end ..... would winning the £50k last night make any difference ? ..... and could it give us some scope to maybe finish this deal off ?
We have always had the scope to finish this deal.

'No longer interested Joe, good luck mate.'

So much more dignified than. 'Such a nice arse Joe, may we kiss it?'

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Tbh I’ve no actual idea as to how FFP works, but I did hear a small rumour we were right at the top end ..... would winning the £50k last night make any difference ? ..... and could it give us some scope to maybe finish this deal off ?
We have always had the scope to finish this deal.

'No longer interested Joe, good luck mate.'

So much more dignified than. 'Such a nice arse Joe, may we kiss it?'
I don't think County are necessarily kissing his arse or grovelling to him. It is entirely possible that County have made him an offer that remains on the table unchanged from when he first came to train with them. He is entirely aware that the clock is ticking if he stands any chance of being match fit and noticed (as in playing and playing well) before Euro 2020. In the meantime both parties gain from him training with County - Ledley becomes and stays fitter and our midfield players hopefully learn from his experiences.

I don't think County are necessarily kissing his arse or grovelling to him. It is entirely possible that County have made him an offer that remains on the table unchanged from when he first came to train with them. He is entirely aware that the clock is ticking if he stands any chance of being match fit and noticed (as in playing and playing well) before Euro 2020. In the meantime both parties gain from him training with County - Ledley becomes and stays fitter and our midfield players hopefully learn from his experiences.[/quote]

I agree

If we have made him a offer and after all this time he is still thinking about it.i think it’s about time we told him we are not a charity.providing him with free training facilities I see in the photo he was wearing our kit and I would expect we are feeding him.if Flynny wants to sign him he signs or goes.

There has been no press hint that the lack of movement on the Ledley situation is him haggling over a better financial package from the club than we've offered (not that I've seen/read anyway). Even if he was haggling, that is his prerogative, and every footballer looking to join any club and any club looking to sign a player goes through the same back-and-forth negotiation procedure. And it is our prerogative not to overextend.

We have a budget, which MF has oft said he will work to in the long-term interests of the club (though of course he can push the board for just a bit more), and we have to operate within the SCMP system (total wages being a max. 55% of turnover and 100% of income from financial donations (nil in our case), transfer income (probably nil now), and revenue from cup matches (some of which was/is ring-fenced for the future)). The constraints to signing might be on our side, not Ledley's.

All the press reports from the club (management and players) have been positive about Ledley, if a deal can be done. And 'if a deal can be done' doesn't necessarily mean Ledley holding out for more money; it can quite easily be us sailing close to our SCMP max and needing to ship a player or two out to accommodate Ledley's remuneration package. I'd guess with the players we've shipped in and out so far that it probably means our wage bill has gone up over earlier in the season, since 'league-standard' players have come in and youngsters and 'conference' players have gone out. The Ledley situation was never going to be sorted in the window; MF effectively said so in the Argus, and he's still trying to move a few people on. I'd say the two are linked. If they can't be moved on then it's quite conceivable that Ledley cannot be signed, not that he doesn't want to or that a mutual agreement on remuneration cannot be agreed. Who knows; even image rights might be a barrier to a deal, or some other unknown reason.

As to Ledley being crocked... Well, if he is still training with us then he's likely not crocked.

And if he's crocked, then we won't be signing him. Which makes him training with us prior to actually signing a deal a big undertaking on his part.

Another aspect of him training with us is we might be giving him a 'preseason' so that when/if he's signed he's actually ready to play, rather than being a passenger/financial drain while getting up to speed while not playing, or an injury waiting to happen (an occupational hazard, but likelihood increased by not being match ready).

Ledley joining is a no-brainer, if the price is right for both and if it's technically possible. Only the management and player know on both accounts.

NearlyDead wrote:There has been no press hint that the lack of movement on the Ledley situation is him haggling over a better financial package from the club than we've offered (not that I've seen/read anyway). Even if he was haggling, that is his prerogative, and every footballer looking to join any club and any club looking to sign a player goes through the same back-and-forth negotiation procedure. And it is our prerogative not to overextend.

We have a budget, which MF has oft said he will work to in the long-term interests of the club (though of course he can push the board for just a bit more), and we have to operate within the SCMP system (total wages being a max. 55% of turnover and 100% of income from financial donations (nil in our case), transfer income (probably nil now), and revenue from cup matches (some of which was/is ring-fenced for the future)). The constraints to signing might be on our side, not Ledley's.

All the press reports from the club (management and players) have been positive about Ledley, if a deal can be done. And 'if a deal can be done' doesn't necessarily mean Ledley holding out for more money; it can quite easily be us sailing close to our SCMP max and needing to ship a player or two out to accommodate Ledley's remuneration package. I'd guess with the players we've shipped in and out so far that it probably means our wage bill has gone up over earlier in the season, since 'league-standard' players have come in and youngsters and 'conference' players have gone out. The Ledley situation was never going to be sorted in the window; MF effectively said so in the Argus, and he's still trying to move a few people on. I'd say the two are linked. If they can't be moved on then it's quite conceivable that Ledley cannot be signed, not that he doesn't want to or that a mutual agreement on remuneration cannot be agreed. Who knows; even image rights might be a barrier to a deal, or some other unknown reason.

As to Ledley being crocked... Well, if he is still training with us then he's likely not crocked.

And if he's crocked, then we won't be signing him. Which makes him training with us prior to actually signing a deal a big undertaking on his part.

Another aspect of him training with us is we might be giving him a 'preseason' so that when/if he's signed he's actually ready to play, rather than being a passenger/financial drain while getting up to speed while not playing, or an injury waiting to happen (an occupational hazard, but likelihood increased by not being match ready).

Ledley joining is a no-brainer, if the price is right for both and if it's technically possible. Only the management and player know on both accounts.
Remind when his last competitive game was and of course the queue to sign him. We should stay well away unless it is a pay when able to play deal.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:There is a chance with this extra money that we might waste some of it on Ledley,I hope not.One,he is crocked and two,we have Gorman and Khan so no room for anymore.
A serious honest question ..... is he crocked ?
He has only played 45 minutes in the whole of 2019.Derby let him go in January,even though they were in promotion challenge,he didn't sign for anyone inside or outside the window.He didn't sign for anyone in the summer,August window or thereafter.He trained with his hometown club Cardiff but,they didn't sign him.He played 45 minutes for Charlton and they let him go.He has said that he wants to play nearer home,Swansea or Bristol haven't signed him and,it seems,no one else is showing any interest.I think there's a fair chance that he is crocked.

Is he REALLY that good anyway ???
No disrespect , but it’s a big “NO” for me ?

If his reasoning for joining us is a chance of Euro 2020 , I’m sorry , but that just doesn’t wash .
Giggs (as much as I despise the guy) has got Wales qualified with a pretty young side .
He ain’t gonna even consider Ledley who hasn’t kicked a competitive ball in ages !!!

Also funny how Robson Kanu has declared himself available again after retiring from International Football ??

Forget Ledley . I don’t see what he would bring to the table anyway ???

Not bothered by how long he hasn’t played for, he’s played much higher standard than league 2 so it shouldn’t be a problem for him. Also, I remember the one and only excellent performance Maxime Blanchard put in for us against Doncaster after not playing for 7 months and he’s nowhere near the player Ledley is/was. The fact that Flynny sees him day in, day out in training and has offered him a deal and the players appear to be wanting him to sign suggests he’s fit and impressed.
The thing for me is though, we’ve offered him a deal, he hasn’t signed and it’s been a long while now so, as much as I’d have liked us to sign him, Flynny should remove the offer.