Re: Ledley

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:BBC Wales sports reporting that MF has given Ledley until next week to decide if he is going to sign or the offer will be withdrawn
Good on him, if true.

Its in the Argus too so it must be true :wink: Penman got the story and Pearlman 'borrowed ' it off him now he is a 'big wig ' at the BBC

Whether he signs or not i dont get the urge from fans to get rid of him and Bony when he was here. Just having those two training in the squad is a huge boost for the squad. Massive opportunity to learn from two experienced international players. For the sake of paying for beans and toast and pasta I think thats a bargain!

Bush wrote:Whether he signs or not i dont get the urge from fans to get rid of him and Bony when he was here. Just having those two training in the squad is a huge boost for the squad. Massive opportunity to learn from two experienced international players. For the sake of paying for beans and toast and pasta I think thats a bargain!
Old Bony's advice probably explains our free scoring forwards. :shock:

Bush wrote:Whether he signs or not i dont get the urge from fans to get rid of him and Bony when he was here. Just having those two training in the squad is a huge boost for the squad. Massive opportunity to learn from two experienced international players. For the sake of paying for beans and toast and pasta I think thats a bargain!
Because some don't understand team dynamics and learning from experience or simply want to moan and groan. I suspect the both actually.

We could have the best midfield in the football league but we still use the tactics of bypassing them with the long ball from defence to attack
If Bony and Ledley have been passing on their ' experience' to the others whilst training with us , can you honestly see any improvement ?

neilcork68 wrote:We could have the best midfield in the football league but we still use the tactics of bypassing them with the long ball from defence to attack
If Bony and Ledley have been passing on their ' experience' to the others whilst training with us , can you honestly see any improvement ?
Or alternatively, how bad would it be without them? None of us know which is the truth.

njbh86 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:We could have the best midfield in the football league but we still use the tactics of bypassing them with the long ball from defence to attack
Or alternatively, how bad would it be without them? None of us know which is the truth.
Which of course is true. However taken to its logical conclusion is merely stating that any opinion anyone has could be wrong.

njbh86 wrote:And without any evidence to back it up, it may as well be.
Except Newport County being just about the lowest scorers per game in European senior football I am afraid there is evidence.

You must not, as I often said to juries, confuse evidence with proof. Clearly Amond and Matt may simply be very poor strikers but on the evidence of last season and with Flynn giving Podge a two year extension of his contract, on balance that would appear not to be the case.

UPTHEPORT wrote:So anyone know when his deadline is
It could be worth saying you get us promoted there's an extra 20k lumper say
Promoted!!

Think the rest of the squad would be chuffed with that idea. :lol: