Re: Ledley

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:If Ledley felt he had a genuine chance of making the Euro's,he would have signed for us in November.Money wouldn't have been the issue,he would have got games and if he did really well then,Championship clubs would have signed him in this window.If he had done ok then,he stays playing for us knowing that if he keeps performing then Giggs will still be watching and there was still a chance.He seems only interested in the money and a final payday knowing that he is crocked.

Why would he have signed for Newport County in November when he was in talks with, and then signed a deal with Championship side Charlton instead?
That was in December,if he really wanted the Euro's that is.He could have signed non contract then if Charlton showed interest then leave and go to them.It shouldn't have been about money,if he wanted the Euro's.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:If Ledley felt he had a genuine chance of making the Euro's,he would have signed for us in November.Money wouldn't have been the issue,he would have got games and if he did really well then,Championship clubs would have signed him in this window.If he had done ok then,he stays playing for us knowing that if he keeps performing then Giggs will still be watching and there was still a chance.He seems only interested in the money and a final payday knowing that he is crocked.

Why would he have signed for Newport County in November when he was in talks with, and then signed a deal with Championship side Charlton instead?
That was in December,if he really wanted the Euro's that is.He could have signed non contract then if Charlton showed interest then leave and go to them.It shouldn't have been about money,if he wanted the Euro's.

Yes, at the beginning, signed the 6th December.

No, not just about money but he felt he could get a deal at a club playing at a better standard, he did.
If he wanted Euro’s, I’m sure playing higher than League 2 would have been much more beneficial for him.

I am sure it is but,Tom King got in Giggs squad because he was playing regular in L2.Ledley would have given himself a chance by playing L2 where not playing he has no chance.He could have signed non contract with us and left whenever Charlton or whoever came knocking,I'm sure Flynny would have agreed to that and understood Ledleys position.

Percy plunkett wrote:I am sure it is but,Tom King got in Giggs squad because he was playing regular in L2.Ledley would have given himself a chance by playing L2 where not playing he has no chance.He could have signed non contract with us and left whenever Charlton or whoever came knocking,I'm sure Flynny would have agreed to that and understood Ledleys position.

Why risk injury playing League 2 football on less money than he was about to sign for a Championship team for?

Yes King was called up and that's great for him and us, but he never played. In fairness he was called up as back up to Hennesey (who wasn't, still isn't, first choice for Palace) with Adam Davies & Danny Ward, (neither of whom had played first team football this season) ... Wales's places for midfield is a lot more competitive than the goalkeeper position.

I hope that the club pull the plug on the deal for him as he seems to holding the club to ransom hoping that a better deal comes his way. If it doesnt then he might do us a favour and sign a deal for us.
If he is serious about wanting to play in the Euro Championship then why hasnt he signed for a club by now and proved he still is good enough to warrant a place in the squad ?
Sorry as much as I believe he would improve us I dont want anyone signing whos heart really isnt in it and only wants to sign as a last resort.
Let him go and sign for Barry or Cardiff Met, thats close to his Cardiff home and see if that gets him a place in the squad

neilcork68 wrote:I hope that the club pull the plug on the deal for him as he seems to holding the club to ransom hoping that a better deal comes his way. If it doesnt then he might do us a favour and sign a deal for us.
If he is serious about wanting to play in the Euro Championship then why hasnt he signed for a club by now and proved he still is good enough to warrant a place in the squad ?
Sorry as much as I believe he would improve us I dont want anyone signing whos heart really isnt in it and only wants to sign as a last resort.
Let him go and sign for Barry or Cardiff Met, thats close to his Cardiff home and see if that gets him a place in the squad
Ain’t that the truth , f¥ck him imho

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Bored with the whole scenario.
Sling his hook.
The money he wants we could get a decent quality midfielder with a future

I will give MF some credit ....Khan can be a decent midfielder if he can get him to perform week after week so I agree ....Dont sign Ledley..

I've got a BIG ONE....

thats a TV that has been mentioned on here in the past...Ledley is most welcome to come around and watch the Euros on it if he wants to as with every week that goes by that he remains unattached his chances of playing for his country diminish

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Bored with the whole scenario.
Sling his hook.
The money he wants we could get a decent quality midfielder with a future
Agree with the bored bit now. Would personally tell him any offer has now been withdrawn. We have a big enough squad.

It does seem that Newport County are once again grovelling. I really hate this. I didn't mind players turning us down. I don't mind giving players, or managers, a couple of days to think things over.

I do mind players taking weeks to decide. I hate the fact that we seem always to be begging. It's so easy to avoid. All you do is say 'This is our offer. You have until Monday evening say yes, if we don't hear from you by then we'll take it as a no."

It really is that simple.

Tbh none of us know what conversations have taken place between the two parties ??? ..... so there may be no grovelling taking place.

We all knew deadline day had no effect on this deal.

As long as we are not tempted to do something stupid budget wise, to get him then fine ..... but if he does hold any hope of forcing his way into the Euros, (surely he hasn’t got a hope!?), then he’d better. get his boots on for someone very quickly !

If fit he’d have been head and shoulders above any other player in our squad, but, it has gone on too long, we’ve brought in replacements so I don’t think we can realistically afford him so as much as I’d have loved us to sign him it’s time to withdraw the offer and wish him the best.