Re: Dom Jefferies

Fourthousand wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Reported by Reebok Tuesday.
Baker gets injured and we are up The Swanee.

If Jefferies didn't play against Scunthorpe when we had no-one else he's hardly going to play if Baker gets injured is he.

A month of playing football will do him good, let's hope he gets game time
Not the case as he was actually unfit.
Chance now then to get fit.
Tooth problem.
Cannot believe Flynny has loaned him out when he was pushing for a regular start with us.
Even when he had couple of really good games Flynny was hardly complimentary..
Best was I think "the boy did okay"
You said ' unfit', I said chance to get fit.
You now say 'Tooth problem'. I say chance and time to get over the Tooth problem.
If he's any good he'll find a way to get back into the squad and then to push for a start in the eleven. If he was pulling up trunks in training that would be the way to get a Manager's attention.
I really hope its not out and forgotten.
He could be playing superbly for Salisbury but how will Flynny know.
His new temporary club if that is the case sure as will not be reporting that back.
Hope I am wrong.
Don't get this impressive in training routine.
Impressive in a proper game yes.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: He could be playing superbly for Salisbury but how will Flynny know.
Just a guess, but I suspect he would get reports.
I'm just guessing also.
From whom.
Doubt if it happens, that their manager would tell Flynny, the boy is too good for this level you need to take him back.

Frank seems to have a conspiracy theory whereby managers might send back false reports on their loanees if it suits their agenda. Take that to it's logical ending and nobody trusts the information they receive. To counteract this, a club will send someone to watch their player in action, which is what they probably do anyway. I wonder if anyone else shares his view. Maybe this is purely in relation to Dom Jefferies. Has he put forward this theory in regards to any other loan player?

George Street-Bridge wrote:Harps. As so often, apply a little common sense. Why would any coaching team be so negligent as NOT to want to keep up to speed on how a loanee is doing and have a mechanism for it?

Some big clubs have coaches for whom this is a specific job. Alan Curtis does or did it at Swansea.
Seriously us being such a huge club do you really think somebody is watching all the loanees playing and sending reports back.
Every Chippenham game Jay is being professionally followed for instance.
Appreciate Flynny has realised some were just bad signings and will have written them off by palming them out on loan.
Hope this is not the case with Dom.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: He could be playing superbly for Salisbury but how will Flynny know.
I'm just guessing also.
From whom.
Doubt if it happens, that their manager would tell Flynny, the boy is too good for this level you need to take him back.
We have a loan manager / development coach who will be following Jefferies as he has with Touray and Foulston this season. The club will be well aware on how they are doing

ComeOnCounty wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
I'm just guessing also.
From whom.
We have a loan manager / development coach who will be following Jefferies as he has with Touray and Foulston this season. The club will be well aware on how they are doing
Good news then
Thanks

He should get gametime but,if he plays regularly will Salisbury and Flynny extend it longer.Is that good or bad,he will be 18 in May so the club has a decision regarding a pro contract.I expect him to be offered one and hopefully he won't be loaned out next season like the others have been.My hunch is that Collins will be loaned out this week as well.I would have preferred that we hadn't signed Waters and Gorman and used Jeffries and Collins instead.Let's hope that Waters and Gorman prove their worth.

County ranger wrote:Why do we think all Newport youngsters are world beaters if he was ready for first team he would not be loaned out. If he proves himself on loan he may have first team opps. It’s up to him to prove he is better than other options.
Me thinks that's a slight exaggeration :lol:
"world beaters" :lol:
Where the heck did that come from?
Have you not noticed that he has already played for the first team?

ps whose "we"

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:Why do we think all Newport youngsters are world beaters if he was ready for first team he would not be loaned out. If he proves himself on loan he may have first team opps. It’s up to him to prove he is better than other options.
Me thinks that's a slight exaggeration :lol:
"world beaters" :lol:
Where the heck did that come from?
Have you not noticed that he has already played for the first team?

ps whose "we"
Frank you love the youngsters he has played first team and clearly assessed as not ready/ good enough so a loan is a potential win win

Having seen about 10 of our U18 games this season, and watched our U16's about the same number of times, I can confirm they're not a bunch of world beaters, and in fact are on a par with most other South West league teams they play (v the likes of Cheltenham, FGR, Yeovil etc). There's one or two of ours that stand out but I haven't seen anyone who is going to break into the first team, then head for Old Trafford leaving us £1M in the bank.