Re: Pitch

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Why are we paying for the pitch in the first place. After all we are only the Tennant's.
Because contrary to what some believe, the WRU hold all the cards and they're juicing us.
I think you’re right that they as landlords and we as short lease holders , renders us in a relatively powerless position. We mustn’t forget that they just don’t need the grass pitch, we do : that they intend to relay it , is a positive as far as I’m concerned. Whether or not they are “ juicing “ us I suppose is a matter of opinion and would be up to the club to seek an alternative solution to our homelessness - the very symbol of our “ tent city “ eh?

Re: Pitch

lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Why are we paying for the pitch in the first place. After all we are only the Tennant's.
Because contrary to what some believe, the WRU hold all the cards and they're juicing us.
I think you’re right that they as landlords and we as short lease holders , renders us in a relatively powerless position. We mustn’t forget that they just don’t need the grass pitch, we do : that they intend to relay it , is a positive as far as I’m concerned. Whether or not they are “ juicing “ us I suppose is a matter of opinion and would be up to the club to seek an alternative solution to our homelessness - the very symbol of our “ tent city “ eh?
I can't see it as a positive to be truthful Mike. Our license lasts for three years after this one. As will the newly laid pitch. A positive will be if the WRU announce plans for a new grass pitch in February 2023. But until then we are seemingly powerless.

I genuinely hope that the WRU extend the license. I genuinely hope that the board have a contingency plan in place if they don't. I don't know but past performance leaves me, at the very least, worried.