Re: Pitch

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:How is the current pitch an embarrassment it has four teams playing on it find another pitch with the same use that is better in mid February I think you will struggle
Precisely and that is why it is in a very poor state and an embarrassment.
I think it's holding up well but there we go

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:How is the current pitch an embarrassment it has four teams playing on it find another pitch with the same use that is better in mid February I think you will struggle
Precisely and that is why it is in a very poor state and an embarrassment.
I think it's holding up well but there we go

Doesn’t matter how many teams play on it mate it’s still an awful pitch which is only going to get worse.
Only Tranmere has a worse pitch in the whole FL (and I’d bet National League too)

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:I thought the pitch played quite well Tuesday night considering ?? Ball was played along the floor and some nice football played by both sides .
Yep I'm with you
I think a lot of it is down to opponents overthinking it. Potentially more skilful sides get it in their heads that they can't play on it, and throw their normal skill-set out of the window. Then low and behold, we outplay them. Then we get the sour grapes from managers and fans on forums.

UPTHEPORT wrote:I just can't get my head around what people expect with the use it's getting

The only way to improve things is to cut games but that ain't going to happen unless NRFC move elsewhere

Well it would help if the WRU didn’t whore the pitch out to Wales ladies football team or under 19’s or rugby matches other than Dragons or Newport.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:I thought the pitch played quite well Tuesday night considering ?? Ball was played along the floor and some nice football played by both sides .
Yep I'm with you
Exactly, and what is undeniable is it's the same for both teams. Tranmere's pitch is said to be worse than ours, but it certainly didn't prove to be 'a great leveller' against Man U.

Last season,the Dragons only played once after Febuary and the pitch improved considerably.This shows that if there were only one rugby and one football,like Swansea,it would be ok but,it's morally NRFC's ground so they shouldn't leave.Maybe Spytty ,with all its faults is the only answer.

This "Desso" is not fit for purpose, £750,000 for a pitch that's lasted two and a bit years and we haven't even been allowed to play pre-season friendlies on it. Would we be worse off with a plain grass pitch being relayed every summer?

Marky wrote:This "Desso" is not fit for purpose, £750,000 for a pitch that's lasted two and a bit years and we haven't even been allowed to play pre-season friendlies on it. Would we be worse off with a plain grass pitch being relayed every summer?
I agree.

I think what many people miss is that there are two issues with the Rodney Parade pitch. The drainage, which appears to have been solved and that wear and tear of the surface. Sadly two rugby teams, one football team, and various other games is simply too much.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Just speaking to a mate in work who's well into his peanut hugging over RP apprantly they are spending ove 3 million this time on the pitch :shock:
They could be caught between a rock and a hard place. Do they put a £3m pitch down that will last 5-8 years or do they capitalise on County money and not kick them out in 3 years. If County weren't at RP then there would be no doubt that the pitch would be totally artificial as per the one at Cardiff Arms Park.