Re: No injuries

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Is it my imagination or has Podge deputised in goal as an emergency?
Imaginations are a funny thing when we get to our senior years, but I thought I heard mention of Demetriou as an emergency keeper?
Reports of him training there when we had the same situation when Townsend was injured last season
The trouble with an outfielder going in goals,Demetriou did that for Shrewsbury and he did his knee diving for the ball.It almost finished his career,Shrewsbury payed him off his last year of his contract then,fortunately for him and us,Westley took him on in the January.It's all well and good volunteering but,there's more to it than it looks.

Strange as it may seem Fourthousand,this is a mb where anyone is allowed to debate anything involving the club.As far as I am aware,we don't need to have qualifications in a particular subject to have an opinion on it.If Harps or anyone has a different view to you then that's what makes this forum work,if we all agreed then there would be no point in this existing.

Spiderman wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:But one of the things with Poole was he had an amazing physique for a 16/17-year-old so that side of the game was no problem. He parked next to me once and he was huge. This is a thing with keepers in particular.

That’s a decent point , I’ve always had a soft spot for Everton and remember watching a 16 year old Rooney and thinking he was built like a man, contrast that with Michael Branch who was over used as a teenager in the mid 90s. His career dwindled into obscurity before being jailed for drug offences
Rooney was an exception. An Everton season ticket holding mate of mine heard so much about him as a kid that he went to watch Wednesday youth v Everton youth just to see what all the fuss was about. Rumour at the time was that he was playing senior Sunday league football while still at junior school.

Percy plunkett wrote:Strange as it may seem Fourthousand,this is a mb where anyone is allowed to debate anything involving the club.As far as I am aware,we don't need to have qualifications in a particular subject to have an opinion on it.If Harps or anyone has a different view to you then that's what makes this forum work,if we all agreed then there would be no point in this existing.
Well said Percy.
Four thousand you really do come across as a pompous pedant (if there is such a thing).
Sure you will correct me if not. :lol:

ps Thank goodness for this forum, looking out the window its bloody awful today.

Amberexile wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:But one of the things with Poole was he had an amazing physique for a 16/17-year-old so that side of the game was no problem. He parked next to me once and he was huge. This is a thing with keepers in particular.

That’s a decent point , I’ve always had a soft spot for Everton and remember watching a 16 year old Rooney and thinking he was built like a man, contrast that with Michael Branch who was over used as a teenager in the mid 90s. His career dwindled into obscurity before being jailed for drug offences
Rooney was an exception. An Everton season ticket holding mate of mine heard so much about him as a kid that he went to watch Wednesday youth v Everton youth just to see what all the fuss was about. Rumour at the time was that he was playing senior Sunday league football while still at junior school.
Amber
Another exception was Peter Osgood.
I had the privilege of seeing him in the Combination against Cardiff when just 17.
Scored 30 goals in 20 games for Chelsea reserves before getting into the first team at 17.
legend.
How he only played 4 times for England still a mystery to me.

Percy plunkett wrote:Strange as it may seem Fourthousand,this is a mb where anyone is allowed to debate anything involving the club.As far as I am aware,we don't need to have qualifications in a particular subject to have an opinion on it.If Harps or anyone has a different view to you then that's what makes this forum work,if we all agreed then there would be no point in this existing.

You come across as a moaner who has a personal vendetta against all things Flynn - my opinion on a mb.

Fourthousand wrote:

You come across as a moaner who has a personal vendetta against all things Flynn - my opinion on a mb.
You have every right to your opinion,it is of course wrong but,I won't ask what qualifications you have or make sarcastic comments as this is a forum where you can speak your mind.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:

You have every right to your opinion,it is of course wrong but,I won't ask what qualifications you have or make sarcastic comments as this is a forum where you can speak your mind.
OK, you keep having a go at every opportunity, your perogative, good luck.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Spiderman wrote:

Amber
I had the privilege of seeing him in the Combination against Cardiff when just 17.
Scored 30 goals in 20 games for Chelsea reserves before getting into the first team at 17.
legend.
Maybe time to get the rattle cans out again

Osgood Woz Good

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Spiderman wrote:

Amber
legend.
I was in Chelsea College at that time and used to watch from “ the shed “ ( a bit lawless there at times :grin: ) , that was a fair team , it was good to watch at times and watching Peter Bonetti in action wasn’t too shabby either.