Re: No injuries

daftasfxxx wrote:You ever thought of writing for the argus harps, both full of crap
You ever thought of voting for anybody apart from Padraig. :lol:
You got your last 4 words wrong as in about 30 minutes I will be full of a nice Chicken Chow Mein, Mushroom Fu Yung and Chips.

Lovely Jubbly.

ps Forgot the curry sauce.

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:So Flynny states the Academy goalkeeper is not capable of stepping up.
Says it all about Flynny and the kids.
Zero confidence in any youngsters.
Have you seen the academy keeper before? Know anything about him?
Nope but he clearly has made an impression on Flynny.
Didn't even mention the lads name in the interview.
If the lad is not up to it maybe the Academy scouts need to get out and about and find one that is.
Is the Academy just a revenue stream or should it be that and a progression for players into the squad and large transfer fees like for Aaron Collins to keep us afloat.
Why did County legend Byron move on?
I believe we did have a good lad who was moved onto Leicester well before getting to league level so its possible..

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:So Flynny states the Academy goalkeeper is not capable of stepping up.
Looks like we have 2 lads.
Now Percy states we can only sign an emergency keeper if we have nobody to play from the start of a game.
Not to go on the bench in case.
So if King is fit.
Would you, like Tuesday not have a back up and instead put an outfield player in.
Tell me who you would pick.
I know Pipey did it in the past

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
If the lad is not up to it maybe the Academy scouts need to get out and about and find one that is.
Is the Academy just a revenue stream or should it be that and a progression for players into the squad and large transfer fees like for Aaron Collins to keep us afloat.
I believe we did have a good lad who was moved onto Leicester well before getting to league level so its possible..
Goalkeepers in the academy aren't signed on the basis that they can step up to League 2 if there's an injury crisis. That's not how an academy works, it's there for players we hope to step up at some point in the future. The lad just isn't ready to at the moment.

Funny you should mention Aaron Collins, wasn't it Flynny who told the club to get him back in? Odd from someone who has no interest in developing players.

Rhys Davies did move to Leicester. But as with the likes of Jay Williams, Owura Edwards, Rhys Kavanaugh - we're at a disadvantage if a bigger club comes looking.

By my maths,we only have four subs tomorrow,including Collins and Woodiwiss who Flynny calls kids.Maybe Dolan or Someone else is fit enough to travel if needed or,we have signed a free agent but haven't announced it yet.Otherwise,a couple more kids will be bench warming,Evans or George maybe.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Looks like we have 2 lads.
Now Percy states we can only sign an emergency keeper if we have nobody to play from the start of a game.
Not to go on the bench in case.
So if King is fit.
Would you, like Tuesday not have a back up and instead put an outfield player in.
Tell me who you would pick.
I know Pipey did it in the past
No idea. I'm not paid to know the abilities of the squad.

But we aren't restricted to emergency loans, free agents exist.

DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Goalkeepers in the academy aren't signed on the basis that they can step up to League 2 if there's an injury crisis. That's not how an academy works, it's there for players we hope to step up at some point in the future. The lad just isn't ready to at the moment.

Funny you should mention Aaron Collins, wasn't it Flynny who told the club to get him back in? Odd from someone who has no interest in developing players.

Rhys Davies did move to Leicester. But as with the likes of Jay Williams, Owura Edwards, Rhys Kavanaugh - we're at a disadvantage if a bigger club comes looking.
Just read a nice article on the Academy when Byron was in charge.
The main aim was to bring on players to league standard.
I appreciate neither of these lads are anywhere near league standard but not saying it will happen but King takes a goal kick and pulls a hammie after 10 minutes.
Whoops no replacement on the bench.
Scenario.
What is the better option one of these lads or "who fancies putting on the Jersey lads"
Regarding Aaron I have no idea but on his return he played him and the lad was superb first half then tired after that hardly seen again.
Went to Morecambe had a great few months and is with FGR currently.
Lee Evans, Regan etc all academy successes.
Before Flynny was in charge though.
Since Flynny took over who has he brought through to league standard not including anybody previously on the books.
How long has he been in charge.
You really think he is anywhere as interested as Byron was.
Just asking.

Percy plunkett wrote:By my maths,we only have four subs tomorrow,including Collins and Woodiwiss who Flynny calls kids.Maybe Dolan or Someone else is fit enough to travel if needed or,we have signed a free agent but haven't announced it yet.Otherwise,a couple more kids will be bench warming,Evans or George maybe.
Seriously.

Is Flynny registered still?

Percy plunkett wrote:By my maths,we only have four subs tomorrow,including Collins and Woodiwiss who Flynny calls kids.Maybe Dolan or Someone else is fit enough to travel if needed or,we have signed a free agent but haven't announced it yet.Otherwise,a couple more kids will be bench warming,Evans or George maybe.
Spot on

2 senior pros only available for the bench plus maybe 4 "kids" or even 5.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:

I appreciate neither of these lads are anywhere near league standard but not saying it will happen but King takes a goal kick and pulls a hammie after 10 minutes.
Scenario.
What is the better option one of these lads or "who fancies putting on the Jersey lads"
Regarding Aaron I have no idea but on his return he played him and the lad was superb first half then tired after that hardly seen again.
Since Flynny took over who has he brought through to league standard not including anybody previously on the books.
Just asking.
Regan Poole had only been with county’s academy for a few months after joining from Cardiff academy at 16 butcher was manager and ummm flynny was head of academy development

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just did a search and the only current English free agent keeper is Ben Alnwick.
Experienced guy,can't believe no one wants him.Played regularly in the Championship last season so,would he want to bench warm here,could we afford him,got to be worth asking though,he can only say no.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Just read a nice article on the Academy when Byron was in charge.
Scenario.
Just asking.
I would imagine that Flynn would quite like to bring some players through the system seeing as he was one himself. Tell me why you seem to think Flynn wouldn't want to?

But who says any of the lads we've had over Flynn's reign were good enough? Who says the lads that we've lost to bigger clubs before they could kick a ball for us wouldn't have been brought through by Flynn? There's a lot of luck involved in youth development, as we're able to see in most of our success stories.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:

Scenario.
Just asking.
How many of Byrons academy kids have made it to league 2 football?

Just asking

Incidentally , it was Flynn That recommended Evans to Justin , Flynn that brought Poole back ( not sure if he recommended him to Justin initially ) and Flynn who got Aaron out working at MacDonalds

All good fun