Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Spiderman

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby Spiderman » February 12th, 2020, 12:16 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:How long has Jeffries been on loan and,can we recall him before the full month has elapsed.

He has only gone out on youth experience so hopefully can be recalled.
Not 100% though on that.
Flynny probably wont though


Why would he recall a young midfielder when we have
Gorman , Sheehan , Labadie , Dolan , Khan, Bennett , Wilmott and Waters.

I’m sure you don’t see him as a right back because he’s done ok covering in a non descript game. One swallow doesn’t make a summer you know.
User avatar
User

Mr Figo

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby Mr Figo » February 12th, 2020, 8:03 am

At least the back four looked good last night and MoM for me was Labs.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » February 12th, 2020, 8:26 am

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:How long has Jeffries been on loan and,can we recall him before the full month has elapsed.

He has only gone out on youth experience so hopefully can be recalled.
Not 100% though on that.
Flynny probably wont though


Why would he recall a young midfielder when we have
Gorman , Sheehan , Labadie , Dolan , Khan, Bennett , Wilmott and Waters.

I’m sure you don’t see him as a right back because he’s done ok covering in a non descript game. One swallow doesn’t make a summer you know.


Not 100% sure of this. But seem to recall Flynny saying he saw Jefferies ' future as a a full back?
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 12th, 2020, 9:23 am

It was a lot more enjoyable than Saturday but it wouldn't have taken much!

Anyway Walsall set up to draw it's always hard then

There keeper was wasting time first half FFS!
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 12th, 2020, 9:32 am

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:How long has Jeffries been on loan and,can we recall him before the full month has elapsed.

He has only gone out on youth experience so hopefully can be recalled.
Not 100% though on that.
Flynny probably wont though


Why would he recall a young midfielder when we have
Gorman , Sheehan , Labadie , Dolan , Khan, Bennett , Wilmott and Waters.

I’m sure you don’t see him as a right back because he’s done ok covering in a non descript game. One swallow doesn’t make a summer you know.

Non descript game you say.
Try plurals.
Guess what we are 1 game away from Wembley.
MOM against West Ham.
Excellent against MK Dons and did fine in the Cup at Tiptree.
Probably get another lecture off The Cat now then.
Flynny your mates attitude.
Kids who needs them.
Sure Percy was spot on for the reason Byron gave up.
no avatar
User

The Cat

Location

Ponthir,Wales

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby The Cat » February 12th, 2020, 10:11 am

No lecture off me. You're beyond help.
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby Loyalfoot » February 12th, 2020, 12:00 pm

News on all of the injuries would be good from the club as the list has grown over the last few weeks.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 12th, 2020, 3:28 pm

Flynny doing the usual managers talk on the game for the Gus.
Glad he is pleased with the performance against a woeful Walsall.
Stating it was an improvement on Saturdays total dross is hardly something to shout about.
Just 1 point 27 goals in 30 league games so far

Over 5 hours now without scoring.

Play offs anyone?

Some achievement that is.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » February 12th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Frank. Admittedly last night's game was the first I've watched 'live' for 6 weeks but based on this plus having watched all/parts of other games on TV/streaming..... I don't think there is much wrong with our current team and squad apart from the obvious (goals win matches).

The effort is there, the system and tactics look ok and there's better competition for places in midfield and up front. In fact, the current squad is as strong as I've seen it for several years. We do clearly need forwards playing with more confidence and midfielders to drive forward and take a shot.

Just like last season I feel League 2 overall is again very poor with most teams in inconsistent form. Finding that 20 goal striker like Swindon have isn't easy and I'm afraid we haven't got any of those in the academy waiting to step up.

We do need to change and dictate games more, last year Jamma regularly used his body to good effect to win fouls round the edge of the area, this year defenders and referees are wiser to this. So we need players like Khan, Green, Sheehan to run at defenders instead and either get a shot away or get fouled. We also need a few more of those clever corner routines we saw last season.

But these are just small improvements needed IMO, these will increase our goal threat and results will follow.
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on February 12th, 2020, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby Percy plunkett » February 12th, 2020, 4:34 pm

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:How long has Jeffries been on loan and,can we recall him before the full month has elapsed.

He has only gone out on youth experience so hopefully can be recalled.
Not 100% though on that.
Flynny probably wont though


Why would he recall a young midfielder when we have
Gorman , Sheehan , Labadie , Dolan , Khan, Bennett , Wilmott and Waters.

I’m sure you don’t see him as a right back because he’s done ok covering in a non descript game. One swallow doesn’t make a summer you know.

Because Sheehan and Dolan are currently injured,Labs will be or suspended anytime soon.Bennett played CB last night and will be required to do so again,Willmott isn't a CM but RM,Waters is a striker or wideman but not CM.Have you asked Mike about second ball tactics yet.
no avatar
User

PC on his PC

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby PC on his PC » February 13th, 2020, 7:30 am

Much better than Cambridge. We need now to get a settled side
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » February 13th, 2020, 7:41 am

PC on his PC wrote:Much better than Cambridge. We need now to get a settled side


Can't see that happening anytime soon. Khan not available for Mansfield or Salford games. Therefore who will play left midfield? Gorman nor Waters available for Salford game either.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 13th, 2020, 10:04 am

PC on his PC wrote:Much better than Cambridge. We need now to get a settled side

Not a chance with all the injuries and un availabilities plus all 3 senior forwards being woeful more than good.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby excessbee » February 13th, 2020, 11:00 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
PC on his PC wrote:Much better than Cambridge. We need now to get a settled side

Not a chance with all the injuries and un availabilities plus all 3 senior forwards being woeful more than good.


Not long ago you stated that with a squad of 23 (without academy players) quite a few would not be getting game time. I reckon it's all hands to the pumps at the moment.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Grandstand - Walsall at Rodney Parade

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » February 13th, 2020, 11:16 am

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
PC on his PC wrote:Much better than Cambridge. We need now to get a settled side

Not a chance with all the injuries and un availabilities plus all 3 senior forwards being woeful more than good.


Not long ago you stated that with a squad of 23 (without academy players) quite a few would not be getting game time. I reckon it's all hands to the pumps at the moment.

Totally correct.
Also agree with your last sentence but I bet Flynny never thought this would happen did he.
If he did would he have loaned out Whiteley/Azeez and Jefferies and sent Maloney back.
Of course not.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Powered by phpBB ®