Snooker small margins.

Spent the day at the Welsh Open first time I've been. Wasn't sure what to expect but loved it.

I love the small margins in sport as championed by the British cycling team programme which led to their world domination and have often wondered can different key skills of other sports transfer to football and vice versa Eg because of my love of boxing as a sport, when I watch football I think of what a boxer would do and when I've done boxing training can any part of the mindset transfer across.

So I was surprised at how drawn in I was at a sport I know nothing about and also the total opposite to boxing (football is my first love).

I then thought of our current goal predicament and just watched the calmness of the players on the big shots/pressure situations, what struck me was how calm and unforgiving they were when an opportunity presented itself.

Conclusion you need the fighting skills of a boxer all over the pitch, but sometimes the calmness of a snooker player especially when a goal scoring opportunity presents itself.

Ps watch it for yourself on the TV, or better still get down there.

Re: Snooker small margins.

I like watching snooker on tv. One year I went along to the Welsh Open when it was still at the Newport Centre. Saw a fascinating match involving Steve Davis. Shame it was pinched by Cardiff. Ronnie O'Sullivan still says that Newport was one of his favourite venues. Crawley is his least favourite. He said the whole place smells like a toilet.

The WRU are lining up Rodney Parade as the next years venue for the Welsh Open snooker Championship...Lets see Ronnie O'Sullivan get past double figures trying to pot a ball on that surface after the three clubs have played 100 games on it beforehand :lol: :lol:
They may as well they are letting anyone who asks to use the pitch use it

Yep the pitch hasn't recovered from the Friday night Dragons game then we played the next day.

Hopefully it'll be in decent shape for Wednesday with no games on it since last Tuesday.

On another matter I agree with Gorman and think the goals are coming, once that happens we'll take some stopping because nobody looks forwards to playing us.

supporter wrote:Yep the pitch hasn't recovered from the Friday night Dragons game then we played the next day.

Hopefully it'll be in decent shape for Wednesday with no games on it since last Tuesday.

On another matter I agree with Gorman and think the goals are coming, once that happens we'll take some stopping because nobody looks forwards to playing us.

When are these goals coming , Im past 50 now and havent that many years left :wink: :lol:

Nobody looks forward to playing us ? Aiden Stone ( Mansfield's keeper ) might disagree with that..He was last seen sitting on a deck chair reading his newspaper during todays game wearing his slippers :lol: