Re: Grandstand. Mansfield at The One Call Stadium

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:"Best team lost"
"lot of positives"
Loose Wednesday sorry but time for a change.
More than a dozen games to bed in new team then a proper go for promotion next season with a virtually new forward line and midfield.
But be careful what you wish for - our budget suggests we should be bottom end lower mid table team we are still achieving / over achieving. I remember Edinburgh been criticised and look what happened afterwards - I am not a huge Flynn fan but I think he has a huge desire to achieve not least as he is a local - any replacement is unlikely to have the ease of wanting to live in Newport so for me he is the best option and we have to live with mid table mediocrity in the absence of a sugar daddy and remember the criticism Les used to get!
We are needs to be changed to we were.
How do we know what our budget is compared to the opposition also.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
"lot of positives"
More than a dozen games to bed in new team then a proper go for promotion next season with a virtually new forward line and midfield.
But be careful what you wish for - our budget suggests we should be bottom end lower mid table team we are still achieving / over achieving. I remember Edinburgh been criticised and look what happened afterwards - I am not a huge Flynn fan but I think he has a huge desire to achieve not least as he is a local - any replacement is unlikely to have the ease of wanting to live in Newport so for me he is the best option and we have to live with mid table mediocrity in the absence of a sugar daddy and remember the criticism Les used to get!
Frank I can’t give you the link but if you search on the web you will see we have a low end budget. Add to that our low end crowds we have no money and have to be lucky with our signings to compete with the likes of Swindon, Plymouth etc.

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
"lot of positives"
Frank I can’t give you the link but if you search on the web you will see we have a low end budget. Add to that our low end crowds we have no money and have to be lucky with our signings to compete with the likes of Swindon, Plymouth etc.
Excuses.

County ranger wrote:
"lot of positives"
We are constantly fed the line, or excuse, of our budget being one of the lowest in League 2, how do we know that?
I thought that this season in particular, Flynn had been provided with increased funds to launch a promotion bid. Like a kid in a sweet shop, it is unfortunate that he appears to have blown his budget on some appalling signings, along with a raft of 2 year contracts.
We also still don’t understand what Elite’s role has been under the recent revelation of them having an ongoing recruitment contract. If they are the architects of these poor signings, then we should be demanding a refund of any fees paid. For a smallish agency they do appear to have a disproportionate amount of impact with the Club.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
County ranger wrote:
"lot of positives"
We are constantly fed the line, or excuse, of our budget being one of the lowest in League 2, how do we know that?
I thought that this season in particular, Flynn had been provided with increased funds to launch a promotion bid. Like a kid in a sweet shop, it is unfortunate that he appears to have blown his budget on some appalling signings, along with a raft of 2 year contracts.
We also still don’t understand what Elite’s role has been under the recent revelation of them having an ongoing recruitment contract. If they are the architects of these poor signings, then we should be demanding a refund of any fees paid. For a smallish agency they do appear to have a disproportionate amount of impact with the Club.
Ain't that the case.

Exile 1976 wrote:Westley sacked by Stevenage.....we might be back in the mix for relegation now...
Thankfully he had got them so far behind.
Two going down and I would be worrying now.
Still we have contributors thinking of the play offs in contrast.
We forgetting games in hand need to catch up 13 points on those in the play offs.
Apart from Stevenage everyone below needs 12 points to catch us up.

When you cannot score against the second worst defence in the league and all the shots all off target !!!!
Something drastic has to change for this trend to discontinue.
The forwards need some sound advice about their lack of striking ability and nous in front of goal a forward coach is a must next season Andy Cole did his part at Macclesfield, Kevin Phillps etc are helping to ensure the strikers are playing to their full potential and scoring more than missing.
Our defence have been pulling up trees this season and like getting past a brick wall they must be given the credit why we are not in a relegation battle.
FGR are in worst form than us if possible and their budget is huge surprised Mark Cooper is still there ?