Re: Grandstand. Mansfield at The One Call Stadium

Good Evening

111 away fans, think it was 1110 last time! Anyway, both teams were poor, the game was littered with free kicks, stop start stuff, the wind playing havoc and a very slippery pitch.
We lost to a goal from a mistake on the halfway line, almost survived it on the initial shot but Danny Rose was in the right place to drive home the deflection.
We did pass the ball a bit, mostly sidewards, lacking any cutting pass forward.
High energy last ten minutes and we had a good deal of pressure but no clear cut chance. It’s what supporting County used to be like more often than not, years ago... a duty rather than a pleasure!
For me it’s only occasionally a live game these days , I still enjoy “attending a match” perverse pleasure maybe under the circumstances!
Another day, another game and the optimism topped up again.
Let’s do it on Wednesday!

Phil in Northampton

whoareya wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
got a three hour drive to look forward to now as well :evil:
I wouldn't want to be pedalling a unicycle in this weather.

Clown.
Grow up child

then again with your posts what else can we expect grown up debates off you or abuse ?????

Uuummmmm , I dont thick I have ever seen a grown up remark off you so take a guess at which one i am going for ?

Clown signing off for the three hour drive home....Enjoy sticking up for your clueless manager whoareya...talk about blind loyalty.........
if you had witnessed that performance you wouldnt stick up for him after a six hour round trip and £200 spent to watch us huff and puff and produce bugger all for 96 minutes..

It was awful conditions I thought the new boys gorman/ waters did ok Abraham's shocking green even worse couldn't beat a man can't get a cross in Collins did ok I'd start playing him regular I feel sorry for willmot he did ok always playing out of position podge works hard but always coming back to look for the ball let's get behind the team Wednesday and hope we can get to Wembley if I'm honest I don't fancy our chances but who knows