Waters (No votes)
Matt (No votes)
Abrahams (No votes)
Collins
Total votes: 3 (12%)
Dolan (No votes)
Total votes: 26

Re: Man of the Match poll

excessbee wrote:Maybe the way to run a MoM poll is to put up the list of players and lock the thread from comments. Maybe just for a trial period.
There was nothing wrong with the original poll until the odd contributor especially one no longer on here started voting in multiples.
I asked originally for a name so we could see hopefully a reason why they got a vote.
For example this new system just requires a tick so its open to abuse.
I was not there have not seen the game but I can tick a vote for anybody I like regardless.
Its only a bit of fun for a lot of contributors hijacked by a few hell bent on wrecking it.
Hopefully the odd mickey taker will not wreck it for the majority.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:Maybe the way to run a MoM poll is to put up the list of players and lock the thread from comments. Maybe just for a trial period.
There was nothing wrong with the original poll until the odd contributor especially one no longer on here started voting in multiples.
I asked originally for a name so we could see hopefully a reason why they got a vote.
For example this new system just requires a tick so its open to abuse.
I was not there have not seen the game but I can tick a vote for anybody I like regardless.
Its only a bit of fun for a lot of contributors hijacked by a few hell bent on wrecking it.
Hopefully the odd mickey taker will not wreck it for the majority.
Amen to that. I only vote when I’ve watched the game, I don’t think you can make a sensible choice by reading the results.

With votes clearly dried up now.
Thanks to the 26 voters

Amond 9 votes 5 points
King 5 votes 4 points
Willmott 4 votes 3 points
Collins 3 votes 2 points
Bennett 2 votes 1 point
Gorman 2 votes 1 point
Inniss 1 vote

On going

Sheehan 59 points 153 votes
Amond 49 points 67 votes
Bennett 37 points 81 votes
Haynes 33 points 54 votes
Nurse 25 points 28 votes
Labadie 24 points 61 votes
Wilmott 21 points 57 votes
Demetriou 21 points 30 votes
King 20 points 26 votes
O Brien 18 points 11 votes
Inniss 16 points 23 votes
Matt 13 points14 votes
Townsend 11 points 27 votes
Abrahams 10 points 10 votes
Green 9 points 30 votes
Collins 8 points 8 votes
Gorman 6 points 15 votes
McNamarra 6 points 15 votes
Howkins 6 points 6 votes
Khan 5 points 10 votes
Maloney 5 points 9 votes
Dolan 5 points 3 votes
Whiteley 4 points 4 votes
Leadbitter 3 points 6 votes
Waters 2 points 2 votes

Cheers.

lowandhard wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:..meanwhile in one of the three cubicles (off the Mansfield away team changing room) sits Flynny, door looked. He is frantically scanning the wearexiles Forum, looking to see if the 3 ' Boo Boys' are 'singing his praises' or once again, 'twisting the knife in his back'. It is all that matters

Cubicle 2, sits Wayne, asking himself 'why o why' the team didn't employ one of his many dasterly, sneaky, clever set piece moves - he knowns he will get vilified for this omission on the Forum.

Cubicle 3 ...remains empty, as Lenny hasn't got back to the changing rooms yet....and Gavin, well he can be heard through the thin walls of the changing room/ next door Boardroom 'Hey Mr and Mrs chairpeople, how much do you pay your Manager and how many have you had recently and O, have you had any decent cup runs lately? ...' OK, OK don't get shirty with me, just asking like, as some of our fans are fixated on this subject'.
What a bizarre post on a MOTM thread. I take it that this is meant as some sort of pre-emptive defence of the manager and board but “ some of our fans are fixated on this subject “ - too bloody right they are. The clue is in the word “ fan “ and cup runs to a club like us are vital for survival and this year the current one is all we have left in the wreckage of a putative promotion campaign . The critics of the manager, team , board or whoever, are no less fans than the amber bespectacled cheerleaders on here as I have pointed out before. They are all fans who want the County to do well - and they are concerned by our disastrous run of form and inability to score . That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
Bizzare if it wasn't read with the post a few minutes before it and as bizzare as going to your GP and being fixated on how much money he earns, continually trying to get him the sack and challenging which drug companies he uses and why.

Fourthousand wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:..meanwhile in one of the three cubicles (off the Mansfield away team changing room) sits Flynny, door looked. He is frantically scanning the wearexiles Forum, looking to see if the 3 ' Boo Boys' are 'singing his praises' or once again, 'twisting the knife in his back'. It is all that matters

Cubicle 2, sits Wayne, asking himself 'why o why' the team didn't employ one of his many dasterly, sneaky, clever set piece moves - he knowns he will get vilified for this omission on the Forum.

Cubicle 3 ...remains empty, as Lenny hasn't got back to the changing rooms yet....and Gavin, well he can be heard through the thin walls of the changing room/ next door Boardroom 'Hey Mr and Mrs chairpeople, how much do you pay your Manager and how many have you had recently and O, have you had any decent cup runs lately? ...' OK, OK don't get shirty with me, just asking like, as some of our fans are fixated on this subject'.
What a bizarre post on a MOTM thread. I take it that this is meant as some sort of pre-emptive defence of the manager and board but “ some of our fans are fixated on this subject “ - too bloody right they are. The clue is in the word “ fan “ and cup runs to a club like us are vital for survival and this year the current one is all we have left in the wreckage of a putative promotion campaign . The critics of the manager, team , board or whoever, are no less fans than the amber bespectacled cheerleaders on here as I have pointed out before. They are all fans who want the County to do well - and they are concerned by our disastrous run of form and inability to score . That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
Bizzare if it wasn't read with the post a few minutes before it and as bizzare as going to your GP and being fixated on how much money he earns, continually trying to get him the sack and challenging which drug companies he uses and why.
Mike spot on, not just bizzare but truly up on a cloud.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Mike spot on, not just bizzare but truly up on a cloud.
All Good Fun, Harps

You would want your GP sacked if he misdiagnosed you with the wrong illness and gave you the wrong medication to cure your illness.

I cant remember the exact figures but quite a few million each year of the NHS budget is paid out on litigation where doctors have made errors.
The same as any football manager. if he aint doing the job good enough , getting results or entertaining the supporters then they should be removed from their position

neilcork68 wrote:You would want your GP sacked if he misdiagnosed you with the wrong illness and gave you the wrong medication to cure your illness.

I cant remember the exact figures but quite a few million each year of the NHS budget is paid out on litigation where doctors have made errors.
The same as any football manager. if he aint doing the job good enough , getting results or entertaining the supporters then they should be removed from their position
Trying to get a Father sacked from his job...again. Incidentally how many teams have you managed in the local league's and at what level. I'm guessing to at least Tier 7/8 standard with a few coaching badges behind you as well?
Thank goodness you haven't got yourself anywhere near the board such that you could make any real decisions as we'd be a bit like our last opponents who are on their 3rd manager in 2 years....which is just rubbish, yeah?

Fourthousand wrote: Trying to get a Father sacked from his job...again.
Tell me, if Westley had had young children should he have remained County manager? Or Feeney? Or Butcher?

Perhaps bus drivers who get caught driving busses drunk should be spared the sack if they have kids. Let's not stop there, perhaps murderers who have children should be spared prison.

You have finally utterly lost the plot.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote: Trying to get a Father sacked from his job...again.
Tell me, if Westley had had young children should he have remained County manager? Or Feeney? Or Butcher?

Perhaps bus drivers who get caught driving busses drunk should be spared the sack if they have kids. Let's not stop there, perhaps murderers who have children should be spared prison.

You have finally utterly lost the plot.
So which one of these are you equating to our current Manager, or perhaps all of those in your list!!!?

It is you who has truly list the plot my friend.

Fourthousand wrote:
It is you who has truly list the plot my friend.
List the plot? Oh dear.

Anyway to the tune of Dominic Behan's Patriot's Game or Bob Dylan's With God on our Side. Same tune.

Come all County supporters,
And LIST while I sing,
For the mind of Fourthousand,
Is a wondrous thing,
It lacks reason and logic,
Neither candour nor grace,
And down in the gutter,
It's not out of place.

No matter how useless,
No manager be sacked,
Who's fathered a child,
Sure he must be backed,