Re: Looking up to 10th....

neilcork68 wrote:I bet your still believing there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow ?

See my post where I posted that we have lost 50% of our last 20 league games for some realism.

I am as optimistic a fan as much as anyone , otherwise why would I travel all over the country following my club. We were the better side ???
We huffed and puffed against another very poor side and had ZERO shots on target....the better side ? I would argue against that statement..They looked like scoring , we could still be playing now , we didn't.

You’re not an optimistic fan Corky, let’s not take the piss. You are, like many of us, a glass half full County fan. The fact you, again like many of us, ‘travel all over the country’ to watch us is because you are a fan.

Call me a pessimist , a realist or a pessimistic realist or whatever you like, on current form we haven’t an icicle’s chance in hell of making the playoffs unless a miracle happens. Even Stevenage , abysmal as they have been, have scored twice as many goals as us in the last six league games. To make the playoffs now would require a turn around in form of “ great escape “ proportions. We show no sign of such a transformation of fortunes.

In the buildup to the great escape we were going to be relegated back to non league obscurity-we survived.

In last seasons great catch up at the start of the run we weren't going to make the playoffs-we made the playoffs.

Is it going to take a massive turn around-absolutely.

We will do it- I don't know, but like last season a lot of sides are wobbling and will continue to do so between now and the end of the season.

supporter wrote:In the buildup to the great escape we were going to be relegated back to non league obscurity-we survived.

In last seasons great catch up at the start of the run we weren't going to make the playoffs-we made the playoffs.

Is it going to take a massive turn around-absolutely.

We will do it- I don't know, but like last season a lot of sides are wobbling and will continue to do so between now and the end of the season.

One major flaw in your hope for us is that we cant score...We haven't scored in our last four league games and cant even get a shot on target against the second worst defence in the league..
There's optimism and then there's ???