Looking up to 10th....

I bet we all think FGR can make the playoffs yet win 2 out of our 3 games in hand and we go level on points with them.

We've got Grimsby, Crawley, FGR and Salford to play up to 10th. Above that we've got Bradford, Northampton, Colchester, Port Vale and Cheltenham to play.

Take Grimsby, Port Vale and Cheltenham out of that and the rest are wobbling.Admittedly Salford could come strong.

I've spoken a lot about the boxing mentality lately and they are so honest in defeat. They know when they've been well beaten.

We haven't been well beaten recently and that's what I find so frustrating.

Re: Looking up to 10th....

supporter wrote:I bet we all think FGR can make the playoffs yet win 2 out of our 3 games in hand and we go level on points with them.

We've got Grimsby, Crawley, FGR and Salford to play up to 10th. Above that we've got Bradford, Northampton, Colchester, Port Vale and Cheltenham to play.

Take Grimsby, Port Vale and Cheltenham out of that and the rest are wobbling.Admittedly Salford could come strong.

I've spoken a lot about the boxing mentality lately and they are so honest in defeat. They know when they've been well beaten.

We haven't been well beaten recently and that's what I find so frustrating.

MF has stated that the ' better side lost today' even though we had zero shots on target...he wont admit that we are shite and his tactics are wrong... Until he does then it wont help us progress....

We huffed and puffed all game but we could still be playing now and we still wouldnt have looked like scoring

supporter wrote:I agree Geoff but we're not being well beaten, nobody is outclassing us though defeats are defeats.

Look if you want to wear the shirt great, if not fack off.

results show we havent been heavily beaten or outclassed by anyone but at the end of the day a defeat is a defeat. Whether its 1 - 0 or 10 - 0 we still walk away with ZERO points.

If their were two relegation spots this or any season and we finished in them but had lost every game 1 - 0 would you still be saying ''we did ok , we werent hammered / outclassed by anyone? ''

If you look to my previous comment there were 2 flat performances last season FGR home and Colchester away, I said at the time these things happen, Colchester away was the last flat performance of that season and we made the playoffs.

We'll turn this around we were the better side yesterday and have been in all the recent games except Cambridge home.

supporter wrote:If you look to my previous comment there were 2 flat performances last season FGR home and Colchester away, I said at the time these things happen, Colchester away was the last flat performance of that season and we made the playoffs.

We'll turn this around we were the better side yesterday and have been in all the recent games except Cambridge home.
Taking the number of points collected per game by each team, currently, 73 points will be required to occupy 7th place....that means we need 33 more points. I do not see us suddenly acquiring a level of skill, composure and ruthlessness that will deliver any where near enough points. I hope I'm wrong, but I know I keep banging on about it, but we really do need THREE WINS ON THE BOUNCE....

I bet your still believing there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow ?

See my post where I posted that we have lost 50% of our last 20 league games for some realism.

I am as optimistic a fan as much as anyone , otherwise why would I travel all over the country following my club. We were the better side ???
We huffed and puffed against another very poor side and had ZERO shots on target....the better side ? I would argue against that statement..They looked like scoring , we could still be playing now , we didn't.

supporter wrote:If you look to my previous comment there were 2 flat performances last season FGR home and Colchester away, I said at the time these things happen, Colchester away was the last flat performance of that season and we made the playoffs.

What about Yeovil at home, lol.