I think we need some perspective

We've had a number of key injuries, same as most clubs would claim.
We're hard to beat, about half of our losses under MF have been 0-1.
Amond has still managed 12 this season, most clubs would pay extra to get that sort of bit-part player.
Tactics, formation etc are ok.
We'll beat Salford by two clear goals on Weds.
Think we'll finish 12th in the league, which represents a good season considering our budget.

Re: I think we need some perspective

Whilst I agree that we need some perspective about our current position, and am certainly not in agreement with the almost hysterical overreaction of some who suggest we 'sack' the manager and get rid of most of the players even though they have contracts for next season. Even if that were achievable, which I doubt, I would have no reason/confidence to suppose the club could replace with or attract higher quality.

Having said that I do feel this league campaign has been extremely disappointing. Based on watching most of the home games, the results have been poor compared to last season, the quality of football in most games has been woeful, and the entertainment levels have been almost non existent. Personally, and I suspect by many others, this disappointment has been more acutely felt because of an understandable increased optimism at the beginning of the season because of the increasing success of the team over the two previous season in results on the pitch and financial rewards gained from FA cup runs and TV money. We were told that we have had a small increase in players budget this season, and were able to sign most players on 2 year contracts, presumably to reduce the likelihood of players leaving at the end of their contract without the County receiving a fee for them. Obviously as we currently have the second lowest goals tally in the league, this has been the most depressing aspect of all. I told that Amond has scored 12 this season, although I believe it's only 7 in the league. A very poor return for our top scorer. Thank God for Stevenage.

Despite all the negatives, I do believe there have been some positives to keep things into perspective, we do not appear to be involved in a relegation battle, Although it's still mathematically possible of course. Average home crowds are up despite results, although I suspect they will plummet for our remaining home league matches. Also it's my understanding that our various cup successes and resultant prize monies and TV monies should result in another season of a small profit. Furthermore of course we could be returning to Wembley and even win a trophy.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on February 16th, 2020, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Perspective /Realism

Last 20 league games....60 points available

Won 4
Drawn 6
Lost 10

So that's 18 points won out of a possible 60...

No we haven't been hammered / outclassed in any of them games but the harsh reality many on here don't like reading or admitting to is that we have lost 50% of our last 20 games

Sorry if anyone disagrees with me . I have no agenda , nothing against MF but in any sane persons eyes that is a pee poor return.

If we lose on Wednesday in what is now our most important game of the season then how can anyone justify we continue with a manager who is not delivering results in a results based industry ?

In modern day football better managers would have lost their jobs with a record like that , not get a pay rise because they went for a better job. Then again , the haven't got GF backing their manager !!!

Ahhhhhh Tisdale , the very man I have mentioned several times that we should try and replace Flynn with

Pulis saves clubs , saved Stoke from the drop a few times but never made them better.

Ferguson was a one off and as everyone knows , he was one game away from the sack and if Mark Robbins ( I think that's right ) hadn't scored the goal he scored in the F A Cup tie , he was getting the sack straight after the game.

neilcork68 wrote:Ahhhhhh Tisdale , the very man I have mentioned several times that we should try and replace Flynn with

Pulis saves clubs , saved Stoke from the drop a few times but never made them better.

Ferguson was a one off and as everyone knows , he was one game away from the sack and if Mark Robbins ( I think that's right ) hadn't scored the goal he scored in the F A Cup tie , he was getting the sack straight after the game.
Add Martin O’Neil - Leicester

Spiderman wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Ahhhhhh Tisdale , the very man I have mentioned several times that we should try and replace Flynn with

Add Martin O’Neil - Leicester
In his first season as manager of Leicester Martin O'Neill won promotion from the Championship to the Premier League.

But don't let facts get in the way, eh?