Re: I think we need some perspective

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Ahhhhhh Tisdale , the very man I have mentioned several times that we should try and replace Flynn with

Pulis saves clubs , saved Stoke from the drop a few times but never made them better.

Ferguson was a one off and as everyone knows , he was one game away from the sack and if Mark Robbins ( I think that's right ) hadn't scored the goal he scored in the F A Cup tie , he was getting the sack straight after the game.
Add Martin O’Neil - Leicester
In his first season as manager of Leicester Martin O'Neill won promotion from the Championship to the Premier League.

But don't let facts get in the way, eh?

I know , he took over from McGhee and a section of the fans wanted him out after a poor return from his first 15 games. They then went on a run and got promoted via the play offs.

phil crump wrote:Ainsworth at Wycombe came within 1 game of taking them out of the league Rotherham currently have same manager who oversaw last seasons relegation but granted they are few and far between
Neil takes the view that Flynn should go now. I disagree with Neil on this, as I think Flynn has earned a little more time. However in a truly awful run of form no manager can expect to be above criticism. And it's a proper topic for debate. I just wish certain posters would stop resorting to calling people knobs because they don't share an opinion.

Yes it’s not a good run and we haven’t for large parts of this season not been anything like the team from last season.i also have a view why and would be a reason for players being signed on a 2 yr contract.the bulk of last seasons squad had been here the year before and were a tight knit group including manager and coaches no standout players but a team that played to their strengths and we saw the benefit.i do believe that’s the intention we had for this season a squad that had stability and continuity.it hasn’t worked out we lost a cpl from that core pre season some have lost form and confidence some have not worked out,we lost mickey for a large chunk OB been in and out nobody knows the real story surrounding hats and we had the Lincoln saga so I honestly believewe are nowhere the tight group that we have been previously and this is reflected on the pitch.i don’t think much will change for the rest of this season either, will it change next season? Possibly but with a massive turnaround of players not straight away.will a change of management and coaches be the answer? Again straight away maybe not.i believe the board and management honestly thought they had a successful formula question I guess is do we have the patience to let them try it again.

More perspective for you.
Going on what I believe to be true

Our manager who 'has a project to do , loves the club so much and is Newport through and through and has the best interests of the club at heart' would have dropped us like a stone if it wasnt for his wife not wanting to move to the Lincoln area. I am led to believe he really wanted the challenge of taking the Lincoln City job only for his wife to put her foot down and tell him she didn't want to move.

Its a job to him and if he could get a better offer he would be off in a heart beat just like any of us if offered a better job.
I cant believe our board not only gave him a pay rise , they also extended his contract after tried to move on and unless there is a 'get out clause ' in it we cant afford to sack him :shock:
I am awaiting the , ''we would get compensation for him if he were to leave but just suppose a job came up in the Championship , he went for it , got it and wanted to leave. We tell 'x club' he can go but only if you pay us 'y' amount of compensation. They refuse...We get left with an unhappy manager who wants out , probably subconsciously doesnt give the club 100% effort and commitment, ( its human nature that he probably wouldnt .
What do we do then ? Continue with an unhappy manager , ? put him on gardening leave ? or cave in let him go for peanuts thus making the extended contract worthless but the manager has had the luxury of a pay rise because he had tried to leave previous ?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but look how we have performed since that all came to the surface that he had been interviewed for the Lincoln job in September. We started off the season well but there have been many more lows than highs since it all came out .
I am sorry but 18 points out of 60 available in our last 20 games is a pretty poor show by any standards

neilcork68 wrote:More perspective for you.

Our manager who 'has a project to do , loves the club so much and is Newport through and through and has the best interests of the club at heart' would have dropped us like a stone if it wasnt for his wife not wanting to move to the Lincoln area. I am led to believe he really wanted the challenge of taking the Lincoln City job only for his wife to put her foot down and tell him she didn't want to move.

Its a job to him and if he could get a better offer he would be off in a heart beat just like any of us if offered a better job.
I cant believe our board not only gave him a pay rise , they also extended his contract after tried to move on and unless there is a 'get out clause ' in it we cant afford to sack him :shock:
I am awaiting the , ''we would get compensation for him if he were to leave but just suppose a job came up in the Championship , he went for it , got it and wanted to leave. We tell 'x club' he can go but only if you pay us 'y' amount of compensation. They refuse...We get left with an unhappy manager who wants out , probably subconsciously doesnt give the club 100% effort and commitment, ( its human nature that he probably wouldnt .
What do we do then ? Continue with an unhappy manager , ? put him on gardening leave ? or cave in let him go for peanuts thus making the extended contract worthless but the manager has had the luxury of a pay rise because he had tried to leave previous ?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but look how we have performed since that all came to the surface that he had been interviewed for the Lincoln job in September. We started off the season well but there have been many more lows than highs since it all came out .
I am sorry but 18 points out of 60 available in our last 20 games is a pretty poor show by any standards
Thank goodness for some sanity on here, look out 4K is coming :grin:

lowandhard wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:More perspective for you.

Thank goodness for some sanity on here, look out 4K is coming :grin:

Sanity?

So the club responds to the risk of a key employee leaving for a better offer - the response being improved terms and conditions to persuade him to stay, whilst also securing him on a longer contract?

The business world does it all the time, you secure your main assets to secure the rest of your assets. His stock was high, the club was being lauded in the football world, TV rights being offered left right and centre.

To have stood by and let things fester would have been naive and no doubt resulted in him moving on soon after, thus fuelling the hindsight monkeys to whine about not securing his services with a better deal.......

Here's some sanity - at 5.15pm on Saturday 25th May, a ten man Newport County team were 1 minute from the lottery of a penalty shout-out that could have promoted them to League 1, following an incredible run-in to secure a place in the play-offs, having already played more games than almost every other club in British football. Why had we played so many games? Because we also had yet another excellent cup run, beating teams way above us and bringing in huge TV revenue.

Six months later, some no-marks who delude themselves as 'supporters' of the club are demanding the manager be sacked.

Pathetic.

How is Flynnys stock currently.
Should we tell OB that he can play for ever for us because without that goal we would possibly not be on here now.
No difference.
Ranieri hero but had to go.
Where are Leicester now back up there.
Have a read on Facebook County Chat which has afar bigger County Fan Base.
Think he is safe but any opinion different to you is clearly a " no- mark who deludes themselves as a supporter of the club"
Got the last word spot on though.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:How is Flynnys stock currently.
Should we tell OB that he can play for ever for us because without that goal we would possibly not be on here now.
No difference.
Ranieri hero but had to go.
Where are Leicester now back up there.
Have a read on Facebook County Chat which has afar bigger County Fan Base.
Think he is safe but any opinion different to you is clearly a " no- mark who deludes themselves as a supporter of the club"
Got the last word spot on though.

If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

excessbee wrote:Stevenage have just pulled the trigger for a third time this season. Careful what you wish for.
If that's addressed to me can I tell you what I am wishing for.
A decent win against crap opposition with dare I say a couple of goals and maybe a little bit of football involved in the win.
Is that too much to ask for?
Answers on a postcard.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:Stevenage have just pulled the trigger for a third time this season. Careful what you wish for.
If that's addressed to me can I tell you what I am wishing for.
A decent win against crap opposition with dare I say a couple of goals and maybe a little bit of football involved in the win.
Is that too much to ask for?
Answers on a postcard.
Not addressed to any individual. I usually take care to include a username or a quote if I'm replying directly. I accept you did start with the word 'If'. :wink:

If we hadnt have had the start to the season we did we would be down there with them.
If we were in the bottom 4 playing as we are would fans seem as comfortable with the manager as they seem to be now because we are lower mid table.
18 points out of 60 is relegation form. If you had witnessed Saturdays game where against the second worse defence in the league we failed to get a single shot on target Im sure many would feel different and wouldnt have much confidence of him turning it around.
We have the points on board by lets be honest , how many times have you walked away from a game entertained this season ? Results early doors have papered over so many cracks.
Amond and Matt havent become bad players overnight but given the service they get we make them look poor , hence why they arent scoring.

Tactics... ????
get the ball ( lump or hoof it ) forward as fast as possible
When the ball goes out of play in the opposition half , get MD to launch a long throw.
Give away a corner , get EVERYONE back in the area.
Bypass the midfield as much as we do even though we have had Sheehan playing well.
Play Willmott anywhere other than his ONLY position as a right winger as he has favoured the three man attack in the majority of games this season. How many times has Willmott got to the goal line and whipped in crosses for the strikers this season ? ( you wont need more than one hand to count )

its not hard to see why managers have sussed us out and we are struggling to score is it ?
Last edited by neilcork68 on February 18th, 2020, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilcork68 wrote:
If we hadnt have had the start to the season we did we would be down there with them.
If we were in the bottom 4 playing as we are would fans seem as comfortable with the manager as they seem to be now because we are lower mid table.
But we did,
and we aren't, so they are.